Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-29-2015, 06:17 PM   #21
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor ape View Post
That would be my fear so I may go for a limited draft of something like five rounds. But I'm not sure if I can prevent the higher league from immediately signing the free agents before the next level down can have their draft the next day.
I think if you set up a financial system in which your D1 clubs have a substantial advantage over your lower levels, including higher salaries, you will find the best players end up going with the D1 clubs.
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:20 PM   #22
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludosc View Post
The best one I've built was in '15.

Lvl 1- 20 teams
Lvl 2- 20 teams
Lvl 3- 40 teams (2 leagues)
Lvl 4- 80 teams (4 leagues)
Lvl 5- 160 teams (8 leagues)

Teams played a 76 game schedule (2 H/2 A vs each team) with games on Th, F, Sa, Su.

Had a cup tournament with all Lvl 1-4 teams and a handful of Lvl 5. Used associations Lvl 3 and down to have promotion playoffs. Had different financial and player quality settings for each level.

Setting up the league, I created a spreadsheet with the top 320 cities in the US & Canada in population and that's how I ranked them. I also have longitude & latitude info to realign regional leagues as needed.

No minor leagues just reserve rosters.

Made it through 3 seasons before a hard drive crash wiped everything out. I may rebuild it for '16 but it took a long time to setup.
How did you separate the stats for your cup tournaments from your stats for regular season and playoffs?
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:33 AM   #23
ludosc
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post
How did you separate the stats for your cup tournaments from your stats for regular season and playoffs?
I created all the cup games as playoff games, mainly to keep the ai in check. Pretty sure they just added to their postseason stats which I was ok with.
ludosc is offline   Reply With Quote