Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 11-13-2010, 06:41 AM   #1
kailnurah
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Keystone Kids: The Story of the Carson Twins

This is going to be my first attempt writing a dynasty - I've played around with it and done a lot of reading and I give in. I'm really excited to give this a shot.

The story will revolve around the careers of two twins from California who have played together their entire lives.

Tyler Carson, as the story begins, is the second baseman for the Fresno State Bulldogs. He's got a big personality, is a little bit full of himself, and has shown off more than a little power, spending most of his high school and college career in the middle of the order.

Riley Carson, the shortstop, is Tyler's twin brother and double play partner. He's more soft-spoken and tends to stay in his brother's shadow, and jumped around the lineup throughout high school. While he lacks power, he's got soft hands and quick feet, and his last couple years has found himself at the top of the lineup.

The league file is a historical league starting in 2003, so the Angels are still in Anaheim, the Rays are still Devilish, and the minors are all kinds of inaccurate and messed up -- but the players and the majors mattered more to me. We start in mid-2003 with Riley and Tyler leading the Bulldogs to the College World Series....
Old 11-13-2010, 07:23 AM   #2
kailnurah
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Riley - The College World Series

June 29, 2003

Omaha, Nebraska

Riley Carson closed his eyes, wiping the sweat from his brow. The dust of the field stung his tired eyes, making his vision seem blurrier and his helmet that fraction heavier, and with a hefty sigh, he lifted his head up to read the scoreboard. No matter how tired he was, the letters were bright, and clear as day.

Bottom of the tenth inning.

Florida State 4, Fresno State 4.

Nobody out.

In that instant, the on-deck circle seemed like the loneliest place in the world.

Riley lifted his bat, tapping it on the ground and trying to calm his nerves, when a voice from the dugout behind him cut through the roar of the crowd.

"Riley! Hey, Riley!"

The young shortstop glanced back to see the grinning face of his twin brother, Tyler, just behind the railing. A little shorter and a little stockier, Tyler was all muscle where Riley was all speed. Riley shook his head at the wide grin on his brother's face.

"Tyler, I --"

Tyler laughed, his face a mirror of his twin's. "You get out there, you get on base, and just let me handle the rest. Do what you do, bro."

"Hey, sorry to interrupt, but their closer's just about done warming up." Curtis Fung, the Bulldogs' center fielder, popped his head up next to Tyler's, bat already in hand. "You ready?"

Above them, the P.A. blared. Now batting for Fresno, number 17, Riley Carson!

"Enough." Riley wrapped his hands around his bat and held it at arm's length. "Better back me up, guys."

Within seconds, Riley was in the batter's box, bat tightly in hand, looking levelly out at Florida's star reliever. It was a lock that both of the young men would end up with Major League teams by next season, and behind him, Riley could almost hear the click of radar guns as the scouts behind home plate readied their equipment.

The pitcher went into his wind-up. Riley's hands tightened on the bat, his crouch deepening, and as the ball flew towards him at nearly a hundred miles an hour, Riley's hand slid up the bat in a motion he'd practiced time and again, and his wrist flicked down.

With one clang of the bat, Riley dropped a perfect bunt into the third-base line. The momentum completely sucked out of the ball as it bounded towards the hot corner, and as he raced towards first base, he put his head down and never even saw the catcher frantically race to get after the ball.

By the time the ball hit the first baseman's glove, Riley was five feet past the bag as roars came from the Fresno State fans in the crowd. The fans that had watched their boys all year knew what was coming: another Carson special.

Now batting for Fresno, number 65, Curtis Fung!

Curtis dropped a 2-1 bunt of his own up the first base side, getting Riley over to second base. The Fresno State fans were on their feet now, screaming incoherently, and Riley clapped his gloves together with a grin.

He'd gotten on base.

Now batting for Fresno, number 16, Tyler Carson!

The sound of the crowd turned into a dull roar as Riley stared in at his twin brother. Tyler took a wide ball off the outside. Swung through a 99-mph fastball in. Took a close pitch outside.

When the pitcher threw on the 2-1 count, Riley was already moving. He didn't need to look, didn't need to listen to the crack of the ash, didn't even need to watch the screaming line drive that arced just out of reach of the second baseman's glove.

The rest of the Bulldogs were all over him before he'd even hit home plate, carrying him there themselves, screaming and hugging each other, throwing caps in the air and frantically jumping in a mass of bodies as the Bulldog fans in the crowd went absolutely insane.

Through the mass of players, Riley turned back and managed to spot his brother on second base, with the widest grin he'd ever seen, and pointed at him.

Tyler pointed back, with both hands, and raced to join the scrum.

Sure, in a couple months it would be time for the amateur draft. Riley would probably be split from a brother whom he had spent his life playing across second base with, and had the rest of an uncertain life ahead of him.

But in that moment, with the crowd roaring its approval, no one could take that away from them.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:27 AM   #3
kailnurah
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I did go a little overboard here, but I likes me my stories and dialogue, so there's going to be a fair bit of it in this dynasty. There'll be short posts and stat-crunching too, but when I get something juicy, I can't help getting a little wordy. Hopefully, you guys will appreciate that.

Tomorrow: The night before the draft.