Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2009, 08:37 AM   #1
giornaliere
Major Leagues

Echelons Of American Baseball!

League Name: Echelons of American Baseball
League Type:
Fictional (Promotion / Relegation)
URL: Echelons of American Baseball
Owners Page: Owners
Rules Page: Rules
League Reports: Reports
- $90 MIL Payroll Cap / $15 MIL Cash Cap
- 64 team Echelon Cup Tournament
- Custom Financial System
- Results Based Fan Loyalty System
- Echelon Based Power Rankings
- Unique Waiver Wire Rules
- Baseball Cards: New set every year!
- Mentors for New GM's
Teams: 64
Export Deadlines Days And Times: M-W-F @ 5:00 AM CST
Version: OOTPX (required)
Application: Echelons of American Baseball Application

The Echelons of American Baseball is just starting it's 3rd season and is making the switch to OOTPX so please feel free to fill out the application above to jump on board.

The EAB is a promotion / relegation league featuring teams in cities from the Americas (North, Central & South). The League consists of two Territories, Western and Eastern. Under each Territory lie four Echelons stacked on top of each another. Each Echelon contains eight teams, all in the same division. Each season after the regular season Champions have been crowned, the Echelon Cup begins...a 64 team battle royale tournament (5 game series in each round) for revenue, stadium seating, bragging rights and a boost in fan interest. The first round of the Cup also features all Eastern vs. Western match-ups so you may be rooting for the same teams you were battling all season long.

Be a part of a league where mailing it in will only make it harder for you to succeed. You will be fighting until the last game of each and every season no matter where you are in the standings because of the results based Fan Loyalty System and to secure a better seed in the Echelon Cup. This league is a great place for beginners and veterans alike to test their skills. Do you have what it takes to rise to the highest Echelon in the league or make a run at the Cup? Fill out an application today and find out.

Last edited by giornaliere; 08-14-2009 at 10:11 AM.
giornaliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
Safebet222
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey guys. Anyone looking for a new league or a first league, the EAB is the place. Jay runs a tight ship and is very patient and fair. You won't be disappointed.

Jeff
Old 08-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #3
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

Great league people.

Always someone to trade with (64 teams!). You always have something to play for (first place for a promotion, avoiding the relegation, etc.).

The Echelon Cup is our own March Madness! Can a 4th tier team upset the mighty 1st tier team? EVERYONE makes it into the tourney!

Well thought out promotion/relegation plan, rules, finances, etc. Great Commish and many great owners!
Jaxxvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #4
ptwarr18
Major Leagues

I'm not in the league, but I can vouch for the Commish as I'm sure this is well run just like Jay's other leagues. If you're looking for a good fictional league, this is one of the best options out there.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
jkoopa
Bat Boy

i can vouch for the league too! loads of fun and a very professional group
jkoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:59 PM   #6
playball
Minors (Single A)

OK I've made an application, however: I'm new to OOTP, and have never been in an online league. So if a complete greenhorn is OK...

cheers
playball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:27 PM   #7
giornaliere
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by playball View Post
OK I've made an application, however: I'm new to OOTP, and have never been in an online league. So if a complete greenhorn is OK...

cheers
Greenhorns are more than welcome!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #8
mtopham
Minors (Double A)

I've never done an on-line league either and looked over your site. Well organized. I am confused by what you mean by exports & weekly sims. How would it look on a daily/weekly basis. As an owner/GM what exactly become the responsibilities? Sounds like fun
mtopham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:09 AM   #9
giornaliere
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtopham View Post
I've never done an on-line league either and looked over your site. Well organized. I am confused by what you mean by exports & weekly sims. How would it look on a daily/weekly basis. As an owner/GM what exactly become the responsibilities? Sounds like fun
Your responsibilities are the same as in a solo league...setting lineups, signing free agents, drafting players, etc. So as a GM you make all of the changes, as mentioned, that you wish then Export (send) your changes to a server. The Commish then uploads all of the team Exports from the server at Sim time. A Sim consists of running off generally 7 in-game days and then an updated league file is created. You update your game, then rinse & repeat.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #10
mtopham
Minors (Double A)

I put in an application as well. Make me Greenhorn #2.
mtopham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:56 PM   #11
SMFXR01
All Star Starter

I can certainly recommend this league.
Well run and relegation/promotion is a great twist.

SMFXR01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #12
Gator
Minors (Double A)

League is now full, thanks for all the interest. If you would like to hear of future openings please submit an application to be placed on our waiting list.
Baseball will take our people out-of-doors, fill them with oxygen, give them a larger physical stoicism. Tend to relieve us from being a nervous, dyspeptic set, Repair these losses, and be a blessing to us.
Walt Whitman
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #13
Gator
Minors (Double A)

We have an immediate opening so if interested please fill out an application.
Baseball will take our people out-of-doors, fill them with oxygen, give them a larger physical stoicism. Tend to relieve us from being a nervous, dyspeptic set, Repair these losses, and be a blessing to us.
Walt Whitman
Old 09-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #14
Gator
Minors (Double A)

The EAB is still looking for one owner to fill out our 64 team field.
Walt Whitman