Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-27-2019, 12:15 PM   #1
HockeyGuy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Saved Game Won’t Load!?!?

For some unbeknownst reason, when I started OOTP 19 this morning the saved game I had been playing was no longer being recognized as option to load. However, when I go into the file the game is still there. What is the issue and what can I do to restore the saved game that I’ve spent countless hours cultivating and playing? Please help!
HockeyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:51 PM   #2
stramec
Bat Boy

Exact same thing just happened to me. I can see the saved file, I can even do a restore as a different file name, see that file appear and still it tells me it can't find any saved games. Did you figure anything out to make it work?
stramec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:55 PM   #3
stramec
Bat Boy

Found this in another thread and it works.... on a PC/STeam you have to force the ootp.exe to open the file.

======
Well OK, this is interesting.

Just as I was getting ready to give up on the issue for the night, I noticed that under my File Explorer window (the folder icon on the start bar at the bottom of the screen), there was a list of "Recent Files" and that one of the 20 most recent files was my missing saved game -- the .ootp19lg file.

I double-clicked on the file and it opened up OOTP19 and tried going straight to my saved game. It told me the saved game was corrupted and it would try to restore my last good save. But when it started the game, it hadn't lost any progress to corruption.

So my saved game is now restored through this quirky workaround. Not sure if this is repeatable for other folks though.
Ironhead is offline Report Post
stramec is offline   Reply With Quote