Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-26-2019, 04:59 PM   #41
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
The main leagues won't have a salary cap.
Can you make a big, bold sticky out of this?
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:03 PM   #42
neugey
All Star Reserve

Quote:
The main leagues won't have a salary cap. However, we do plan on having many tournaments on, and a large number of them will have a form of "salary cap" to them, so that should be a nice way to test your skill if you like that challenge.

That's fine. Honestly, I'm pretty excited as Markus informed earlier that your tournaments will be a free entry and not require in-game currency to participate. Other AAA live service sports games are not so nice in this regard, and I've seen it firsthand.
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:10 PM   #43
Yarideki
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
... Prizes will be Perfect Points, packs and even super rare special edition cards ...
Am I correct in assuming that these cards will only be able to be obtained through tournaments and neither through the Auction House nor packs after the tournament's completion? That is to say that these cards will be tournament exclusive and once the competition is done there will be no further way of obtaining them (assuming they cannot be sold on the AH by the winner).
Yarideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:12 PM   #44
Mizzery
Minors (Single A)

[QUOTE=Matt Arnold;4441685]That is the method. Basically, we'll take the actual player stats, run some neutralization tweaks (ie. adjust Rockies players for park factors, etc...), and then based on how many PA/IP they have, adjust the ratings that way. We are still discussing whether there will be other adjustments made for live cards (ie. do we add extra bonuses for past week or past 10 days production?), but we will announce that all around release time.

The original post indicated that a Live card could start in the 50s and through performance updates, end much higher. Is the reverse true as well, someone could invest in a diamond Kershaw or Trout, and if they have the worst year of their career, end up with a much lower rated card that may have little value?
Mizzery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:46 PM   #45
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

[QUOTE=Mizzery;4441787]
Quote:
That is the method. Basically, we'll take the actual player stats, run some neutralization tweaks (ie. adjust Rockies players for park factors, etc...), and then based on how many PA/IP they have, adjust the ratings that way. We are still discussing whether there will be other adjustments made for live cards (ie. do we add extra bonuses for past week or past 10 days production?), but we will announce that all around release time.

The original post indicated that a Live card could start in the 50s and through performance updates, end much higher. Is the reverse true as well, someone could invest in a diamond Kershaw or Trout, and if they have the worst year of their career, end up with a much lower rated card that may have little value?
Obviously
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:34 PM   #46
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Markus, Matt,

How difficult would it be to add an option on the player strategy page to lock a player to a certain spot in the lineup?

I'm kinda getting tired of the AI moving my #9 hitter Aparicio into the #2 slot every time my #2 hitter (who happens to be a catcher) has a day off.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:55 PM   #47
professor ape
All Star Starter

Between needing enough players for tournaments, not knowing what criteria may come up for future tournaments, and anticipation of collection goals; does anyone else see that the Auction House is shaping up to be skewed towards a seller’s market? I think we all are going to be spending our points on a lot of packs.
professor ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:14 PM   #48
cavacom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor ape View Post
Between needing enough players for tournaments, not knowing what criteria may come up for future tournaments, and anticipation of collection goals; does anyone else see that the Auction House is shaping up to be skewed towards a seller’s market? I think we all are going to be spending our points on a lot of packs.
I am going to be very angry at people who quicksell cards. And now it's going to be so easy to mass quicksell too.
cavacom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:13 PM   #49
RPingrey
New User

Any update on a mobile version of perfect team where we would be able to check the status of our team on-the-go and possibly make changes to the team?

Related - are there any new device supports for OOTP 20 other than PC, MAC, and Linux? I know mobile and chrome support have been brought up in the past.... Thanks!
RPingrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:11 AM   #50
SJM1583
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter24 View Post
All of the new additions sound great and will make the game more fun and I look forward to seeing them, except for...

The Historical Legends. I know I am but a single voice. But I find the historical PT card equivalent of a best-ball golf tournament to be a repulsive abomination. As a baseball historian, they make me cringe. At least the Future Legends cards have the potential to maybe someday match their ratings. The Historical Legends are something that never happened. If you guys want to make fictional star cards, maybe you can make Roy Hobbs, Sidd Finch or Willie Mays Hayes?
Sidd Finch destroys the entry pool and the special "Spring Training" tournament, but disappears from your roster on April 1st.
SJM1583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 03:21 AM   #51
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarideki View Post
Am I correct in assuming that these cards will only be able to be obtained through tournaments and neither through the Auction House nor packs after the tournament's completion? That is to say that these cards will be tournament exclusive and once the competition is done there will be no further way of obtaining them (assuming they cannot be sold on the AH by the winner).
You are correct. Such a exclusive card may be available as a prize in more than one tournament, but they won't be part of packs and hence very rare. They can be sold on the AH by the lucky winner though.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 03:42 AM   #52
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPingrey View Post
Any update on a mobile version of perfect team where we would be able to check the status of our team on-the-go and possibly make changes to the team?

Related - are there any new device supports for OOTP 20 other than PC, MAC, and Linux? I know mobile and chrome support have been brought up in the past.... Thanks!
We will release OOTP Go! later this Summer. Expect more news around June / July.

No new platforms for the Desktop version, sorry.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:43 AM   #53
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
Markus, Matt,

How difficult would it be to add an option on the player strategy page to lock a player to a certain spot in the lineup?

I'm kinda getting tired of the AI moving my #9 hitter Aparicio into the #2 slot every time my #2 hitter (who happens to be a catcher) has a day off.
I am discussing this with Matt now
Old 02-27-2019, 04:19 AM   #54
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Really excited for the new changes, and loving the sneak preview of the card art in the publicly available screenshot of the main menu. Perfect Team has become an obsession and I can't wait to get in deep with the new cards for OOTP20.

Any hope that we can have some sort of "override quicksell" option for pack opening? As it stands, I'm set to automatically sell anything that's not at least a bronze (and some people are selling anything under a silver), but on rare occasions something pops up that I actually do want to keep (e.g. Terrance Gore or Tony Cloninger), but I'm stuck with the autosell unless I want to go back to manually selling all of my commons/irons.

Also could we potentially have a more formal method of requesting cards for addition to the game? The google form gets the job done and all, but I feel like there could be a better method for it. Chiefly, it would be nice to be able to see the suggestions of other users that have been made. From there, we could have a simple thumbs up system to add our support to others' ideas rather than the current system requiring a completely new submission of the same player. It would more easily allow the community to rally support around a potential addition, and also allow for more esoteric players to be added. While 20 people may not all readily think of say Jose Lima as a player they want to submit, 20 people may be willing to throw support behind the idea when they see someone else's submission.

Last edited by FancySkunk; 02-27-2019 at 04:21 AM.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 04:43 AM   #55
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am discussing this with Matt now
Thank you!

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 05:09 AM   #56
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancySkunk View Post
Really excited for the new changes, and loving the sneak preview of the card art in the publicly available screenshot of the main menu. Perfect Team has become an obsession and I can't wait to get in deep with the new cards for OOTP20.

Any hope that we can have some sort of "override quicksell" option for pack opening? As it stands, I'm set to automatically sell anything that's not at least a bronze (and some people are selling anything under a silver), but on rare occasions something pops up that I actually do want to keep (e.g. Terrance Gore or Tony Cloninger), but I'm stuck with the autosell unless I want to go back to manually selling all of my commons/irons.

Also could we potentially have a more formal method of requesting cards for addition to the game? The google form gets the job done and all, but I feel like there could be a better method for it. Chiefly, it would be nice to be able to see the suggestions of other users that have been made. From there, we could have a simple thumbs up system to add our support to others' ideas rather than the current system requiring a completely new submission of the same player. It would more easily allow the community to rally support around a potential addition, and also allow for more esoteric players to be added. While 20 people may not all readily think of say Jose Lima as a player they want to submit, 20 people may be willing to throw support behind the idea when they see someone else's submission.
Regarding the override of the auto-sell function, that is not possible unfortunately. You will be able to tag cards a mass quick-sell from the collection list screen, though.

About the card request, I suggest talking to Kris Jardine about that
Old 02-27-2019, 08:03 AM   #57
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancySkunk View Post

As far as the submissions for cards, the Google Doc has been working fine. but I'm always open to different ideas. The Doc works well because there is only 1 person looking at the results, so I filter them and group them together and start from the more popular cards (also making a consideration for cards that need an extra or first card)

I like the idea you are proposing however, and I will look into seeing if we could possibly build something like this in the future

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:49 AM   #58
jeffstified
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jardine View Post
As far as the submissions for cards, the Google Doc has been working fine.

There's a great idea for a card. The Google Doc, a Dwight Gooden card that knows everything about everyone. If you get on base against him, he'll release your search history. Completely un-hittable. 150 OVR!
jeffstified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:05 PM   #59
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Regarding the override of the auto-sell function, that is not possible unfortunately. You will be able to tag cards a mass quick-sell from the collection list screen, though.

About the card request, I suggest talking to Kris Jardine about that

How about a mass auction option? Instead of quick selling cards, I can select cards and set auction prices for multiple cards.
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 06:04 PM   #60
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Being able to search the auction house by rating would be cool.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote