Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

FHM 6 Available Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2011, 12:41 AM   #21
RchW
Hall Of Famer
 
RchW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The big smoke
Posts: 14,665
Thanks: 5,266
Thanked 5,182x in 3,167 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms2002 View Post
IMO, this is only thing about iOOTP that could pose a problem. I think it's difficult to run a long-term fictional league if you can't figure out how a prospect is performing and/or when they are ready.

The minor league stats could be as simple as their actual ability (stats seen in the editor) adjusted to league difficulty. It could be just like the draft candidates have stats simulated for them. Please find a way, if possible.
I would run fictional historical. The lack of minors would be analogous to a reserve roster.

I think the slightly reduced complexity of iOOTP could bring in a fun factor that might be beneficial. Sometimes I get too serious about getting everything just right and forget about just playing the game.
__________________
Cheers

RichW

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

So much for personality. Albert Belle, a complete nut job was never traded and was the highest paid player in the game, twice!

#Alternativefacts=lies
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:31 AM   #22
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP
 
Markus Heinsohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 23,100
Thanks: 5,554
Thanked 39,772x in 6,161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
When you say no advanced stats, does this mean no Vorp or OPS+ ?
Right, unfortunately these require stats tracking that are not possible due to the memory restrictions.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:32 AM   #23
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP
 
Markus Heinsohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 23,100
Thanks: 5,554
Thanked 39,772x in 6,161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDorm8185 View Post
Markus, how much storage space would you expect iOOTP to take up after installed? I have a 32gb iPhone 4 but it only has a couple gigs of free space left.
About 70 MB plus about 20 MB for each stored league.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
LeeDorm8185 (03-31-2011)
Old 03-31-2011, 04:26 AM   #24
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer
 
Sebastian Palkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 5,038
Thanks: 364
Thanked 7,178x in 1,791 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Right, unfortunately these require stats tracking that are not possible due to the memory restrictions.
OPS+ is available in iOOTP. Here is a screen shot of the expanded stats (batting):
Attached Images
Image 
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Markus Heinsohn (03-31-2011)
Old 03-31-2011, 05:42 AM   #25
DaleReeck
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 87
Thanks: 5
Thanked 5x in 4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
So I have an iphone 4 and my wife has an ipad. I fully expect to buy 2 games one for each device (she has a new car so I can use her iPad when we drive around)

I don't understand this universal app idea and the implications about buying/not buying an upgrade later.

Do I understand correctly that the iPad would be a free upgrade but the iPhone would not?

I'm not an iOOTP expert, but I do know iOS apps If you and your wife share the same iTunes account, then you need to buy the game only once. It can be installed to every device you have on that account. If you have separate accounts, then you need to buy it under each account.

A universal app is one that can run on the iPhone and has a large format interface for the iPad as well, no separate app necessary (though some developers build separate apps for both iPhone and iPad - calling the iPad version an "HD" version - to maximize profits).

Most developers are generous with their iOS updates and all updates for that major version of an app are free. It sounds like iOOTP will be released first as an iPhone app (no large format iPad interface, though it will still run on an iPad as a small app one-quarter the size). Later on, the iPad interface will be added to the iPhone app, making it "universal". If they decide not to build a separate iPad app, which Markus, I think, said was the way they probably would go, then the iPad update will be free.

Last edited by DaleReeck; 03-31-2011 at 05:44 AM.
DaleReeck is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
klkitchens (03-31-2011), RchW (03-31-2011)
Old 03-31-2011, 05:50 AM   #26
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer
 
Sebastian Palkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 5,038
Thanks: 364
Thanked 7,178x in 1,791 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleReeck View Post
I'm not an iOOTP expert, but I do know iOS apps If you and your wife share the same iTunes account, then you need to buy the game only once. It can be installed to every device you have on that account. If you have separate accounts, then you need to buy it under each account.

A universal app is one that can run on the iPhone and has a large format interface for the iPad as well, no separate app necessary (though some developers build separate apps for both iPhone and iPad - calling the iPad version an "HD" version - to maximize profits).

Most developers are generous with their iOS updates and all updates for that major version of an app are free. It sounds like iOOTP will be released first as an iPhone app (no large format iPad interface, though it will still run on an iPad as a small app one-quarter the size). Later on, the iPad interface will be added to the iPhone app, making it "universal". If they decide not to build a separate iPad app, which Markus, I think, said was the way they probably would go, then the iPad update will be free.
That is exactly what we have planed: after the release (which you can use on your iPhone/iPod and iPad) we hope to start development on an optimized iPad version, change iOOTP to universal app and release it as a free update to iOOTP 2011. A possible iOOTP 2012 would be universal from the start.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:13 AM   #27
metsgl
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Lite Version

Out of curiosity, are you planning on having a lite version of the app as well to be like the demo on regular OOTP?
metsgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:43 AM   #28
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer
 
spleen1015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 5,776
Thanks: 610
Thanked 723x in 344 posts
Can I change the teams logos? I am not a fan of the generic logos that OOTP has and it looks like iOOTP has them.
__________________
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:55 AM   #29
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP
 
Markus Heinsohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 23,100
Thanks: 5,554
Thanked 39,772x in 6,161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsgl View Post
Out of curiosity, are you planning on having a lite version of the app as well to be like the demo on regular OOTP?
We haven't decided on that one yet...
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:08 AM   #30
iBrandon
Minors (Triple A)
 
iBrandon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 214
Thanks: 53
Thanked 21x in 11 posts
I am thrilled to get this.

I know it's not going to be as deep as the PC version, not enough memory. I'm going to enjoy it for what it is. If I want more detailed stats and deeper game, then I will turn on my laptop.
iBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:17 AM   #31
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer
 
Sebastian Palkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 5,038
Thanks: 364
Thanked 7,178x in 1,791 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Can I change the teams logos? I am not a fan of the generic logos that OOTP has and it looks like iOOTP has them.
The save structure of iOOTP and OOTP (desktop) is pretty similar. If you find a third party tool to change logos it could be possible.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:05 PM   #32
klkitchens
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 163
Thanks: 71
Thanked 50x in 35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
No minor league stats. We simply don't have enough memory on the current devices for such a feature.
Would have been nice to see this as an option. For example, if I had a 30 league fictional team then no minor stats. But if I choose 16 or 8, then that frees up space/memory so then those players could have stats.

Let us choose!
klkitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:11 PM   #33
klkitchens
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 163
Thanks: 71
Thanked 50x in 35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleReeck View Post
I'm not an iOOTP expert, but I do know iOS apps If you and your wife share the same iTunes account, then you need to buy the game only once. It can be installed to every device you have on that account. If you have separate accounts, then you need to buy it under each account.

A universal app is one that can run on the iPhone and has a large format interface for the iPad as well, no separate app necessary (though some developers build separate apps for both iPhone and iPad - calling the iPad version an "HD" version - to maximize profits).

Most developers are generous with their iOS updates and all updates for that major version of an app are free. It sounds like iOOTP will be released first as an iPhone app (no large format iPad interface, though it will still run on an iPad as a small app one-quarter the size). Later on, the iPad interface will be added to the iPhone app, making it "universal". If they decide not to build a separate iPad app, which Markus, I think, said was the way they probably would go, then the iPad update will be free.
I've not heard talk about the iPhone 4's Retina display (which is only a 100 pixels smaller than the iPad I believe. Will this simply run in the grainier iPhone 3 resolution?
klkitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:14 PM   #34
klkitchens
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 163
Thanks: 71
Thanked 50x in 35 posts
Another question. I have some apps where I can download the data file to/from my PC (Genealogy for example) and then work on both systems. I know I cannot play with the league file on PC, but as for third-party editors: is the file going to be accessible via iTunes interface so I can copy to my PC, edit, and then reupload.

Likewise then could people create custom leagues with altered ratings for private distribution?
klkitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:01 PM   #35
DaleReeck
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 87
Thanks: 5
Thanked 5x in 4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klkitchens View Post
Another question. I have some apps where I can download the data file to/from my PC (Genealogy for example) and then work on both systems. I know I cannot play with the league file on PC, but as for third-party editors: is the file going to be accessible via iTunes interface so I can copy to my PC, edit, and then reupload.

Likewise then could people create custom leagues with altered ratings for private distribution?
If they don't support iTunes built in file copying, there is a third party app called Phone View that should be able to access the iOOTP files and does not require jailbreaking.
DaleReeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:08 PM   #36
DaleReeck
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 87
Thanks: 5
Thanked 5x in 4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klkitchens View Post
I've not heard talk about the iPhone 4's Retina display (which is only a 100 pixels smaller than the iPad I believe. Will this simply run in the grainier iPhone 3 resolution?
Actually, I should have mentioned that on the iPad, you have a choice. Any non-native app running on the iPad defaults to the one-quarter size mode and doesn't look any grainier than any other non-retina app, IMO.

The other option is to run it in pixel-doubling mode, which will run it full screen on the iPad (essentially, it blows up the app to fit the full screen), but will definitely look grainy. Some apps look OK, others look terrible.
DaleReeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
klkitchens (03-31-2011)
Old 03-31-2011, 03:29 PM   #37
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer
 
rudel.dietrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Posts: 7,073
Thanks: 14
Thanked 1,018x in 577 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by palli View Post
OPS+ is available in iOOTP. Here is a screen shot of the expanded stats (batting):


I prefer OPS+ to Vorp anyways so that is good
I expect advanced stats will probably be added slowly to the series as more advanced hardware becomes the baseline.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #38
HavenHunting
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 147
Thanks: 34
Thanked 56x in 11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by palli View Post
The save structure of iOOTP and OOTP (desktop) is pretty similar. If you find a third party tool to change logos it could be possible.
I hope this is the case.
HavenHunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:48 PM   #39
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer
 
Sebastian Palkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 5,038
Thanks: 364
Thanked 7,178x in 1,791 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post

I prefer OPS+ to Vorp anyways so that is good
I expect advanced stats will probably be added slowly to the series as more advanced hardware becomes the baseline.
iOOTP 2011 is our first release on mobile devices and we sure hope that it will become a second franchise for us. Then everything should be possible, just look at OOTP1 -> OOTP12.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #40
40-40 Club
Bat Boy
 
40-40 Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
This sounds like it is going to be quite fun. I have the iphone app for football manager and it made a flight from Chicago to London "fly" by (pun intended). Looking forward to the release!
40-40 Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:18 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments