Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:52 AM   #1
KingZorc
Bat Boy

Copy League Settings To Another League

I want to setup multiple leagues within a single game that all have the same structure and settings. Anyway to do this without doing each league manually?
KingZorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:16 AM   #2
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingZorc View Post
I want to setup multiple leagues within a single game that all have the same structure and settings. Anyway to do this without doing each league manually?
Don't know for sure... but I think you have to manually set the settings and modifiers for each league.

I have a league with just two leagues... both major league... no minors... use reserve rosters.

Stats really vary for the two leagues which I thought had the same stats settings... but I discovered they do not... they seem like a major league and a minor league from the stats output... one league has a .980 FA... the other has a .950 FA... I want the stats to be the latter... 1950 stats... not Modern stats.

The settings for the two leagues are very different... the .950 FA league has almost all 1.000 settings... while the variant Modern League has everything under 1.000.

I will try to post a similar thread as yours today, if I can get the OOTP Fourm format corrected.... since last night the Forums are totally difference from the regular formats... all the choice buttons are small and not properly labelled...and I can't post screenshots or attachments.

I hope I can get advice on how to correct this difference in stats output for the two leagues.

I think all I have to do is change the settings and modifiers in League Settings so that the out-of-whack league has the same numbers as the league that is giving me the right stats output that I desire.

Sorry, I am having trouble with the OOTP Navigation... the format is totally different... choice buttom are really small and not labeled as usual.

I can't post a screen shots.. or navigate as usual.

I get this notice when I try to access the OOTP Forums:

Here is the message I get when I try to access OOTP 20 and OOTP19:

Error 502
Bad Gateway
CDN77 server is unable to reach website's origin server.

I can get on the Graphics Forum and from there access the other Forums... but the Format is totally different from the normal Format.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-16-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:11 PM   #3
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

This is actually a very good idea...sort of a “copy & paste” for league settings.

Last edited by PSUColonel; 05-16-2019 at 03:12 PM.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:28 PM   #4
KingZorc
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
This is actually a very good idea...sort of a “copy & paste” for league settings.
Pretty much what I want. I was going to start a giant 16 league Game World for all the parts of the world and want them to all be the same basically so the World Tournament is fair. Setting it all up is a pain and extremely tedious to set the same settings for all leagues. Would be infinitely better just to duplicate 1 league 16 times and change a small handful of options.
KingZorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:11 AM   #5
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

When in the creation process you can use a Template. So, create your first league and save it as a template...then re-load that template for any other similar leagues you want in your universe.

It isn't perfect as now you need to adjust the teams, but it is a decent time saver.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:25 PM   #6
DaBears
Major Leagues

I am not sure if this works for what you were asking, but I have found two options:

1. When you have created a game and gotten it set up just as you like - there are some things you may want to tweak after the game actually starts - then go into Game Settings, global settings, dropdown on top right, and "Save this game as template".

2. As above, but instead of saving as template, save the game at this point - File, Save Game (within OOTP). Then, go into Windows Explorer and copy/paste your game in the saved games folder, and rename it something like "2019 Base Game". Anytime you want to start a new game, you just copy/paste that base game in Windows Explorer and rename (the file will save at "2019 Base Game.lg Copy"). If you want to do a NYY game, just rename it to "2019 NYY.lg" or the like.

This does not create new rosters, understand, but may do some of what you are looking for without having to go through the whole setup process.
DaBears is offline   Reply With Quote