Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 04-19-2019, 03:29 AM   #1
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

I need help understanding something I'm seeing...

I went in to look at my league to understand the landscape and saw some very strange numbers. It's barely past the 105-game mark of the season and several teams have pitchers who have 35+ starts and almost 280 innings already.

They're mostly Sale, DeGrom, Kershaw, etc... but what concerns me is not that these teams are using short rotations, but these aren't even pitchers with high STA ratings. I'm confused because I have a staff on one team with no starter lower than 100 STA and they ALL require the full 5 days to get back to 100% again. NONE of the starters in question have 100+ STA, and I checked these guys' rotations and they're running THREE-man rotations. That's right...three. So how is it even possible they're not all at 0%STA all the time? How is this even possible? I figured maybe with guys with 110+ STA it MIGHT be possible to pull off a 4-man rotation for a while with some success, but a THREE man rotation?

Has anyone seen this before? If so please explain how it's possible this guy isn't 5-95 because the starters are throwing 10MPH because they can't lift their arm above their waist...

The numbers that concern me the most are GS and innings pitched, of course. Is this an exploit or is there some fundamental game mechanic I'm missing that allows such a phenomenon? I never saw this until I reached gold. Is it normal to see this gold and higher?
Attached Images
Image Image 
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:45 AM   #2
joehart
All Star Starter

When you look at the teams in question, what do you see for their stamina? I assume with some lucky breaks in between, one starter may be able to pitch at 80% stamina and go about 5-6 innings. You usually have extra breaks after the All-Star break.
Also just because they have a 3 man rotation does not mean that they are not swapping relief or bench starters in to replace them.

The easiest way to see what is going on is to review their boxscores and see what exactly happened.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:46 AM   #3
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

You can effectively run a short rotation, but your starters will run out of steam pretty quickly (50-60 pitches). Surprisingly, it doesn't seem to hurt performance much, it's just lots of short outings. Better have a large bullpen.
Abnerdoubleday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:47 AM   #4
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

you are looking at the projected innings pitched for the entire season...their current IP is literally right next to the start numbers you are looking at

that one team has a 3 man rotation but they are getting under 5 innings a start and dont appear on any of the rate leaderboards so it doesn't seem to be some unsually great strategy

Last edited by dkgo; 04-19-2019 at 08:51 AM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote