Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

FHM 6 Available Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2019, 07:06 PM   #1
Higgs44
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1x in 1 post
Customer Support?????

So I opened a ticket 48 hours ago or so, and still havent received any response. Is this really the norm?

View Ticket: #26351
serial number OOTP 19
Created: 10 April 2019 12:40 AM

my laptop died and had to purchase new one. Says I have no more serial numbers allowed. Can u help please?
Higgs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:58 PM   #2
Findest2001
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 960
Thanks: 256
Thanked 203x in 154 posts
I had an issue with the exact same problem a few weeks ago. I opened a ticket, waited 5 or 6 days with no response, and then finally purchased a new laptop. However, I was lucky enough to have a leftover license available. It seriously took 6 days before I got a response, and the response was "we've been trying to reach you and haven't heard back, so we're closing the ticket. If you have further issues don't hesitate to open a new ticket."


I firmly believe they've put almost all,if not all, of their current resources into OOTP 20 and completely forgotten about OOTP 19 customers.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:02 PM   #3
Higgs44
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
I had an issue with the exact same problem a few weeks ago. I opened a ticket, waited 5 or 6 days with no response, and then finally purchased a new laptop. However, I was lucky enough to have a leftover license available. It seriously took 6 days before I got a response, and the response was "we've been trying to reach you and haven't heard back, so we're closing the ticket. If you have further issues don't hesitate to open a new ticket."


I firmly believe they've put almost all,if not all, of their current resources into OOTP 20 and completely forgotten about OOTP 19 customers.

most likely, though I bet if the headline read... Perfect Team... Theyd have answered within seconds.

Just another reason not to purchase OOTP 20
Higgs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:19 PM   #4
joehart
All Star Starter
 
joehart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,063
Thanks: 693
Thanked 1,091x in 637 posts
I think that comment is a bit harsh and does not really tell the real story of how much they care and work on this game.

I can’t think of many developers and owners that work so hard around the clock and respond 24/7.

I reported my share of bugs and issues and they are turned around in record time including issues that affected just my game and ended up getting resolved by developers working on their days off.

Could they have waited a day or week? Absolutely. But they did not. They investigated it Sunday morning and the issue was resolved by the afternoon.

If you have an issue that gets lost along the way or forgotten, you can always open a second ticket and refer to the first one but also provide a second alternative to get back to you.
I know my e-mail provider utilized a very aggressive security product on their gateway that bounced some messages back to them.
__________________

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Germaniac (04-13-2019)
Old 04-12-2019, 07:51 PM   #5
Findest2001
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 960
Thanks: 256
Thanked 203x in 154 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I think that comment is a bit harsh and does not really tell the real story of how much they care and work on this game.

I can’t think of many developers and owners that work so hard around the clock and respond 24/7.

I reported my share of bugs and issues and they are turned around in record time including issues that affected just my game and ended up getting resolved by developers working on their days off.

Could they have waited a day or week? Absolutely. But they did not. They investigated it Sunday morning and the issue was resolved by the afternoon.

If you have an issue that gets lost along the way or forgotten, you can always open a second ticket and refer to the first one but also provide a second alternative to get back to you.
I know my e-mail provider utilized a very aggressive security product on their gateway that bounced some messages back to them.

I am considerate of their plight and the tremendous amount of work that's been done. Saying that, I have had 3 different issues that required a ticket and none were resolved within 3 days. Maybe your ticket was during the launch cycle? Mine have been the past 1.5-2 months, and I have received, AT BEST, a 3-day response time, followed by my response to their response, followed by another 3 days wait to hear from them again.


I'm sure they were fantastic when the game was in full swing, but since 20 was announced the customer service for 19 has been close to non-existent. I'm not even complaining. I'm merely stating facts. To further my event timeline, every single ticket of mine was eventually solved (by myself) by spending hours and hours researching fixes online and trying new things like a family member's computer.


Again, I'm not upset as I eventually solved my ticket issues, but Ionly did so after days of waiting for a response and then finally taking things into my own hands. I'm not sure that qualifies as quality customer support.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:34 AM   #6
joehart
All Star Starter
 
joehart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,063
Thanks: 693
Thanked 1,091x in 637 posts
I can understand the frustration and pain you went through. Any time you have to figure things out yourself, it can easily amount to hours of wasted time.

I was more referring to the second mail that suggested making your voice heard via your wallet is a good choice to send a message to the OOTP developers.

I fully agree that it is a good way for some companies but these guys wear many different hats and still find the time to read our messages, help, and jump on the feature requests we throw at them all week long.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Germaniac (04-13-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 03:31 AM   #7
Findest2001
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 960
Thanks: 256
Thanked 203x in 154 posts
I can agree to that for sure. They do a lot.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:41 PM   #8
Higgs44
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I can understand the frustration and pain you went through. Any time you have to figure things out yourself, it can easily amount to hours of wasted time.

I was more referring to the second mail that suggested making your voice heard via your wallet is a good choice to send a message to the OOTP developers.

I fully agree that it is a good way for some companies but these guys wear many different hats and still find the time to read our messages, help, and jump on the feature requests we throw at them all week long.
well its going on day 5 no response via my ticket... I don't care what excuse you want to use that's piss poor customer service. I did get a response on FB asking if I had opened a ticket to which I responded with the ticket #... then silence, that's been 24 hours.


Oh and BTW... I asked for assistance on a bug that Ive been noticing on 3/4/2019 in the proper forum...
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...286237&page=14

That's been well over a month and never gotten a response.

I stand by my comment. Seems pretty obvious they've abandoned all their 19 customers and are only here chasing $$$ or OOTP 20 customers.

Last edited by Higgs44; 04-13-2019 at 12:47 PM.
Higgs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:17 PM   #9
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer
 
Germaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frankenthal, Germany
Posts: 2,319
Thanks: 5,201
Thanked 1,437x in 821 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I think that comment is a bit harsh and does not really tell the real story of how much they care and work on this game.

I can’t think of many developers and owners that work so hard around the clock and respond 24/7.

I reported my share of bugs and issues and they are turned around in record time including issues that affected just my game and ended up getting resolved by developers working on their days off.

Could they have waited a day or week? Absolutely. But they did not. They investigated it Sunday morning and the issue was resolved by the afternoon.

If you have an issue that gets lost along the way or forgotten, you can always open a second ticket and refer to the first one but also provide a second alternative to get back to you.
I know my e-mail provider utilized a very aggressive security product on their gateway that bounced some messages back to them.
I absolutely agree - I never ever had a problem that wasn't solved.

Maybe your ticket somehow got lost in the shuffle ... I don't think anyone of us can imagine what happens during release time and shortly after ...

It surely doesn't have anything to do with "shutting down" support for v19 but simply getting overwhelmed with responses for v20

So I'd suggest to simply open another ticket
__________________
I'm going to have to meet my Maker some day.
And if He asks me why I didn't let this boy play,
and I say it's because he's black,
that might not be a satisfactory answer.


Happy Chandler, 1947



Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:44 PM   #10
Findest2001
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 960
Thanks: 256
Thanked 203x in 154 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
I absolutely agree - I never ever had a problem that wasn't solved.

Maybe your ticket somehow got lost in the shuffle ... I don't think anyone of us can imagine what happens during release time and shortly after ...

It surely doesn't have anything to do with "shutting down" support for v19 but simply getting overwhelmed with responses for v20

So I'd suggest to simply open another ticket

I can't speak for the OP but in reference to my aforementioned issues, I did open several tickets. Each issue except the first (because I didn't think I would NEED to open multiple tickets as I had never had a problem with their support in previous years) I opened multiple tickets. Again, that seems to go against what should be deemed "quality" customer support. If it's a one-time thing I completely understand, but in regards to my issues I had to open multiple tickets 3 separate times IIRC. I doubt that's an "oversight".


Everyone makes mistakes, but there's clearly a lack of support currently going on.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:32 AM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nice, Côte d'Azur, France
Posts: 12,029
Thanks: 18,892
Thanked 8,820x in 4,423 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
I can't speak for the OP but in reference to my aforementioned issues, I did open several tickets. Each issue except the first (because I didn't think I would NEED to open multiple tickets as I had never had a problem with their support in previous years) I opened multiple tickets. Again, that seems to go against what should be deemed "quality" customer support. If it's a one-time thing I completely understand, but in regards to my issues I had to open multiple tickets 3 separate times IIRC. I doubt that's an "oversight".


Everyone makes mistakes, but there's clearly a lack of support currently going on.
Typically, you shouldn't need to open multiple tickets. If you do, it can actually make it easier for us to keep track of things, but if you prefer just to reply to an older ticket with an email, that will keep that ticket open and we'll reply to it.
__________________


lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.


Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:41 AM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nice, Côte d'Azur, France
Posts: 12,029
Thanks: 18,892
Thanked 8,820x in 4,423 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
I had an issue with the exact same problem a few weeks ago. I opened a ticket, waited 5 or 6 days with no response, and then finally purchased a new laptop. However, I was lucky enough to have a leftover license available. It seriously took 6 days before I got a response, and the response was "we've been trying to reach you and haven't heard back, so we're closing the ticket. If you have further issues don't hesitate to open a new ticket."


I firmly believe they've put almost all,if not all, of their current resources into OOTP 20 and completely forgotten about OOTP 19 customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs44 View Post
most likely, though I bet if the headline read... Perfect Team... Theyd have answered within seconds.

Just another reason not to purchase OOTP 20
The problem with a few folks seeing slow response times in the last couple weeks is that I do all the license replies, and I was unexpectedly out of work for a week plus, at the same time a few other folks were out as well. Which left us really short handed and meant that some things got overlooked or weren't able to be handled by the folks that were working, especially some licensing issues.

Then it's taken quite a while to get caught up with everything once I came back. Everything has been replied to and sorted out now, and we should be back to our normal response times going forward.

So we're really sorry for the slow replies, but it was simply due to unexpected circumstances and being a bit understaffed for a week or so. It has nothing to do with whether a customer has OOTP19 or OOTP20 or Perfect Team or anything like that.

It's just that we're a very small company and we can occasionally get behind on things due to life interfering and not having enough staff to take care of everything that needs to be done when someone is out or when unexpected circumstances come up.

95% of the time though, I think we have far quicker and more helpful responses than companies that have the budget to devote a lot more staff and resources to support than we are able to.
__________________


lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.



Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-14-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
6 thanks for this post:
BirdWatcher (04-15-2019), Eugene Church (04-15-2019), Germaniac (04-14-2019), old timer (04-14-2019), pgjocki (04-14-2019), RchW (04-14-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 11:19 AM   #13
Higgs44
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1x in 1 post
resolved... thank you.
Higgs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Lukas Berger (04-14-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 03:10 PM   #14
Findest2001
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 960
Thanks: 256
Thanked 203x in 154 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
The problem with a few folks seeing slow response times in the last couple weeks is that I do all the license replies, and I was unexpectedly out of work for a week plus, at the same time a few other folks were out as well. Which left us really short handed and meant that some things got overlooked or weren't able to be handled by the folks that were working, especially some licensing issues.

Then it's taken quite a while to get caught up with everything once I came back. Everything has been replied to and sorted out now, and we should be back to our normal response times going forward.

So we're really sorry for the slow replies, but it was simply due to unexpected circumstances and being a bit understaffed for a week or so. It has nothing to do with whether a customer has OOTP19 or OOTP20 or Perfect Team or anything like that.

It's just that we're a very small company and we can occasionally get behind on things due to life interfering and not having enough staff to take care of everything that needs to be done when someone is out of when unexpected circumstances come up.

95% of the time though, I think we have far quicker and more helpful responses than companies that have the budget to devote a lot more staff and resources to support than we are able to.

I agree, and thank you. I wasn't saying anything to bash or badmouth you. I was stating the facts of my cases. I respect your company and will continue to recommend and purchase your products. Thank you for commenting on this thread.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Lukas Berger (04-14-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 01:29 PM   #15
Zorro
Hall Of Famer
 
Zorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,770
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 2,822
Thanked 1,229x in 898 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post

95% of the time though, I think we have far quicker and more helpful responses than companies that have the budget to devote a lot more staff and resources to support than we are able to.
At the risk of being called a Fan Boy I totally agree.👍
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments