Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 05:08 PM   #1
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

The One Thing I've Been Asking For Since FHM3

I'd like to start by saying I love all of the new changes to the game this year and will undoubtedly be pro-ordering the game and putting thousands of hours it. However I'm extremely disappointed to see that a very basic thing has still not been added to FHM6.

The ability to force takeover an international team of your choice just like you can with any regular team at any time.

I've been trying to manage the US U20 team for three years now across three different games. I have been unable to do so and I'm pretty sure it's impossible to do so.
The coding for this should be pretty simple. It's not a very difficult request whatsoever.

I've been asking for this for three years and have heard absolutely nothing in response. It's extremely frustrating. Please, this shouldn't be a very difficult change to implement.

PLEASE
Old 09-25-2019, 04:20 PM   #2
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Ahh looks like I'll be in for another year of being ignored for this simple request. Thanks !
Old 09-25-2019, 05:07 PM   #3
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

― John Lydgate
Old 09-25-2019, 07:48 PM   #4
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

― John Lydgate
This should be a very simple request. I'm not pulling teeth here.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:53 PM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella19 View Post
This should be a very simple request. I'm not pulling teeth here.
And there are dozens, if not hundreds, of "very basic" "simple requests" from other people that also don't get fulfilled. We don't have time to do everything. Starting as GM of a national team was on the preliminary list of things we looked at adding to FHM6, but it didn't make the final cut.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:29 PM   #6
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
And there are dozens, if not hundreds, of "very basic" "simple requests" from other people that also don't get fulfilled. We don't have time to do everything. Starting as GM of a national team was on the preliminary list of things we looked at adding to FHM6, but it didn't make the final cut.
Ah, a response at last! A sarcastic playdown at how simple my request is, but a response none the less. I guess another year will go by where I won't be able to play as the team that I want to play as, effectively once again making national teams completely useless.
Thanks for the response at least.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:39 AM   #7
Mancandy
Minors (Double A)

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella19 View Post
Ah, a response at last! A sarcastic playdown at how simple my request is, but a response none the less. I guess another year will go by where I won't be able to play as the team that I want to play as, effectively once again making national teams completely useless.
Thanks for the response at least.
If it’s any consolation, it appears it’ll also be another year where anybody who wants to play as an expansion team - or even just expand the league they’re in - won’t be able to do so in a remotely realistic fashion, since the expansion won’t take place until after the entry draft, effectively making the expansion feature completely useless. And if you like sarcastic playdowns, go find the thread from earlier this where that featured the laughable claim that it only affects one season if an expansion team can’t participate in their first entry draft...which, obviously, quite literally alters the entire history of the entire league from that point forward.
Old 09-26-2019, 12:42 PM   #8
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancandy View Post
If it’s any consolation, it appears it’ll also be another year where anybody who wants to play as an expansion team - or even just expand the league they’re in - won’t be able to do so in a remotely realistic fashion, since the expansion won’t take place until after the entry draft, effectively making the expansion feature completely useless. And if you like sarcastic playdowns, go find the thread from earlier this where that featured the laughable claim that it only affects one season if an expansion team can’t participate in their first entry draft...which, obviously, quite literally alters the entire history of the entire league from that point forward.
And at that time it was actually explained why it wasn't possible either. It's because of how the database interacts. It was something we may look to changing in the future, but it's not a priority right now.

If you're going to continue to post like this, you're not going to be able to post here for a while. Jeff posting wasn't sarcastic, more just a straight up fact. We get asked for hundreds of requests. We can't possibly get everything in.

Everyone thinks there's should be their first priority, and everything is an "easy" add. But the reality is any time we change something it can cause effects throughout the rest of the game. Changing one causes an issue somewhere else. Everything is linked. It take lots of hours, hundreds usually to test things. There's very few things that are "easy". Do you know why we wait to talk about the new games? Because sometimes features we put in early don't make it. We don't want to promise something that isn't going to make the final cut.

So I'm going to lock this thread now because I don't see any more positive interactions coming from this now. If you want to talk more, feel free to send me a PM.
Closed Thread