Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations

Old 04-08-2018, 06:33 PM   #1
DustyElbows
Minors (Triple A)

Here's how to update your custom world file so that it works in OOTP 19

I know a lot of folks have been having a hard time getting old custom world files to work properly with OOTP 19. I messed around with it and was able to get Bottom of the Sixth's US States as Nations mod working in 19.

Here's what I did:
1. Open up the world_default file that comes with OOTP 19 and open the world file you would like to use.
2. In your custom world file, do a ctrl-find and replace 'lid=' with 'etid='
3. In your custom world file, do a ctrl-find and replace 'ETHNICITY' with 'ETHN_PCT'
4. In your custom world file, do a ctrl-find and replace 'ETHNICITIES' with 'ETHN_PCTS'
5. Finally, you'll notice that your custom version has a list of languages instead of a list of ethnicities at the beginning of the file. Copy lines 13 through 53 of the default world file and paste them over the corresponding lines in your custom file.
(That is, copy the lines from <ETHNICITIES> to </ETHNICITIES> and paste them over the lines from <LANGUAGES> to </LANGUAGES> )

6. Now load your new world file into the game as you would normally do. These changes did the trick for me.
DustyElbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:17 PM   #2
HerbD
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyElbows View Post
I know a lot of folks have been having a hard time getting old custom world files to work properly with OOTP 19. I messed around with it and was able to get Bottom of the Sixth's US States as Nations mod working in 19.

Here's what I did:
1. Open up the world_default file that comes with OOTP 19 and open the world file you would like to use.
3. In your custom world file, do a ctrl-find and replace 'ETHNICITY' with 'ETHN_PCT'
4. In your custom world file, do a ctrl-find and replace 'ETHNICITIES' with 'ETHN_PCTS'
5. Finally, you'll notice that your custom version has a list of languages instead of a list of ethnicities at the beginning of the file. Copy lines 13 through 53 of the default world file and paste them over the corresponding lines in your custom file.
(That is, copy the lines from <ETHNICITIES> to </ETHNICITIES> and paste them over the lines from <LANGUAGES> to </LANGUAGES> )

6. Now load your new world file into the game as you would normally do. These changes did the trick for me.
You beat me to it. This exactly what I did.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2018, 05:41 PM   #3
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

I can't wait to try this. Also,the file heading talks about "hard coded player origins" & "this is the usa". What do these options now do? Can we control facial type or if we want to use second nationalities? The ethnicities.txt file used to make some of this pretty easy, but now we seem to be on our own to figure it all out.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:09 AM   #4
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

DustyElbows,

Thank you for shining the light on what to do. I even got brave enough to attempt some other minor tweaks to the xml file as well.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:52 PM   #5
Isedelyod
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyElbows View Post

Here's what I did:

What do you use to open the World_default file? I can't seem to even get it to open.

My older mods-
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=28c2b...3&action=Share

My newer mods (updated logos)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Fg?usp=sharing
Isedelyod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:09 PM   #6
txranger
Hall Of Famer

I use Notepad++...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:43 PM   #7
Isedelyod
Hall Of Famer

So...I downloaded notepad++ and this is what I get when I try and open a .wtp or .dat file
Attached Images

My older mods-
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=28c2b...3&action=Share

My newer mods (updated logos)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Fg?usp=sharing
Isedelyod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:16 PM   #8
Lionsault
Minors (Rookie Ball)

You should be looking at the world_default XML file in your databases folder.
Lionsault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:02 PM   #9
lightgrenade07
Minors (Double A)

I've tried making these changes, but any time I try changing "lid=" to "etid=", the editor program stops responding.

EDIT: I was able to make all changes in Notepad, but OOTP 19 still isn't loading the data from the XML file.

Last edited by lightgrenade07; 06-15-2018 at 05:35 PM.
lightgrenade07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:14 PM   #10
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

You can open an xml file in notepad, but you can also use a code editor like Atom or Sublime Text and that'll open it natively than notepad and you can still edit and save it. Both are free.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:04 AM   #11
lightgrenade07
Minors (Double A)

Two years later, and now OOTP21 still isn't loading the new world data file.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:41 AM   #12
albatross11
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgrenade07 View Post
Two years later, and now OOTP21 still isn't loading the new world data file.
Sounds like you just made the changes, and didn't actually update the file in-game. If so, the game is using the world data file it came with.

Open your game. Go to Game>Settings>Database. Select Data Base Options and update your world data file.

hth

albatross
albatross11 is offline   Reply With Quote