Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 01-27-2014, 04:45 PM   #1
Anthony5967
Minors (Single A)

Exclamation 2011 Rangers contracts

Hello. I recently purchased the game and I saw that you could play with historical teams. So I chose the 2011 Rangers and it seems that the contracts are very inaccurate. It has guys like Fedotenko and Prust being payed like 5 million a season and there are insane cap hits for players which makes it impossible to play because I exceed the cap. I am using the sam exact roster from the 2011 season with no trades and it says I have a 149 million roster!! You would think I have team Canada as my team but I don't. Gaborik has a 12 million cap hit. I was wondering does anyone know why this is?
Anthony5967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:51 PM   #2
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Not entirely sure about historical mode, as I haven't played with it much, but if you pm JeffR about it, I am sure he could help you out.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:13 PM   #3
Duranium
All Star Starter

Iīm sure Seb is already aware of the salary problems in both regular and historical mode (current salaries and while resigning FAīs...7.0 regularly demanding $5mil upwards)
My guess is that it will be fixed with the next update, iirc Seb even mentioned it already in an earlier post

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:42 PM   #4
pens66
Major Leagues

Historical mode doesn't use "real" salaries. Instead players are assigned contracts in line with "modern" contracts according to their abilities/potential/reputation. 149 million for the 2011 Rangers seems a tad high, though.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:06 PM   #5
kohut
Minors (Single A)

Historical mode will have to be tweaked. I started a 2010 Winnipeg Jets and the Calgary Flames went about 130-7 over 2 seasons. They had so many stars on their team.
kohut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:18 PM   #6
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
Historical mode doesn't use "real" salaries. Instead players are assigned contracts in line with "modern" contracts according to their abilities/potential/reputation. 149 million for the 2011 Rangers seems a tad high, though.
Thatīs the problem right now.....if you start in the late 70's or 80's basically all rosters are filled with $4-5mil upwards players - thatīs just insane.
The real problem is the resigning (as i mentioned, Seb is aware of this) as every player wants your left arm and your firstborn from you as soon as he reaches 7.0 with a potential of 7.0-7.5.

The same with the regular mode.
Iīm just trying out a regular game after i mainly tested the historical version.
f.e. Emerson Etem, Beau Bennett, Joel Armia, a lot of no-name checking centers etc... all demand $5-6 mil for their first contract after their entry-level contracts ended. Especially with the salary cap on the regular mode itīs close to impossible to build up well through the draft.
Only absolute blue chip prospects should demand such contracts after EL contract ended.

But as i already mentioned - those are all unbalanced things and glitches that the devs team will surely balance out soon....just a little patience, doobedoobedoo

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 01-27-2014, 10:16 PM   #7
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
f.e. Emerson Etem, Beau Bennett, Joel Armia, a lot of no-name checking centers etc... all demand $5-6 mil for their first contract after their entry-level contracts ended. Especially with the salary cap on the regular mode itīs close to impossible to build up well through the draft.
Only absolute blue chip prospects should demand such contracts after EL contract ended.

I agree with the money for a lot of players is out of whack, but the three players you used as examples, aren't exactly checking centers. Emerson Etem is a blue chip prospect for Anaheim, and Pittsburgh has high hopes for Beau Bennett, as do whoever has Joel Armia. Those three are all potential scorers who still need time to develop.

However the salaries do need work, as potential gets you paid a little, but production is what gets you paid a lot.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:21 PM   #8
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerwing View Post
I agree with the money for a lot of players is out of whack, but the three players you used as examples, aren't exactly checking centers. Emerson Etem is a blue chip prospect for Anaheim, and Pittsburgh has high hopes for Beau Bennett, as do whoever has Joel Armia. Those three are all potential scorers who still need time to develop.

However the salaries do need work, as potential gets you paid a little, but production is what gets you paid a lot.
lol...i know - this is what i meant
"f.e. Emerson Etem, Beau Bennett, Joel Armia & lot of no-name checking centers etc..."

...even bluechippers like Etem,Armia & Bennett would get traded before any GM in the NHL would pay them $5mil+ per season after the entrylevel contract and when a guy like Jarret Stoll demands $6mil at age 33 you know the FA engine is still a bit...hmmm....meeeh
The AI in the current state lets every, really every young player with at least 7.0/7.5 ask for a minimum of 5 million per year as soon as they finnish their EL-contract so you basically have to trade them after 3 years or trade away all your proven guys to pay the contracts for the younger guys

Anyway, Seb does his best and iīm sure this gets fixed soon enough

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Last edited by Duranium; 01-27-2014 at 10:24 PM.