Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 07-12-2009, 01:24 AM   #21
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire View Post
Question: To use this to implement byes and set up a situation where, for example, 2 plays 3 with the winner to face 1, we'd have to set OOTP up so that 4 also made the playoffs. Then we'd use the utility to erase 4 and get the structure we want. Is that basically correct? If so, do you anticipate any ramifications to that 4th place team, which in OOTP terms thought they'd made the playoffs? For example, would thinking they've made it in affect the fan popularity and/or salary structure for the club, or the chances of the manager being fired? Would the 4th place team change it's style of managing late in the season, thinking that they'd made the playoffs and not knowing they really had to finish 3rd? Any guesses as to these questions? Whatever, it's great to see that byes CAN be a part of the custom playoff structure. Great job!
Yes, you'll always need to set up OOTP to return 2^n teams to the playoffs, and then work out how many series to delete.

So if you want 3 rounds per sub-league before the world series you would need to set up a custom playoff in OOTP to allow 8 teams per league and then depending on how many teams you actually want to qualify you'd need to delete

5 teams to qualify - 3 series per sub-league need to be deleted
6 teams to qualify - 2 series per sub-league need to be deleted
7 teams to qualify - 1 series per sub-league need to be deleted

At the moment don't delete all the series inside a round as there isn't a way to add one. If you follow the instructions in the above post about doing an ML one you'll get the rough idea how to adapt it to any structure.

With regards to teams thinking they've made the playoffs, I'm sure there is some change to AI close to the end of the season, but I don't think there's any other issue to them (it's not recorded in history as having made playoffs unless they've actually played a playoff game)
Old 07-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #22
Tony M
Global Moderator

Coming up in v1.0.0.4

The ability to lengthen the playoffs beyond what can be set-up in game.

The attached image shows an ML league where the top four wild cards play down to one team which then joins the divisional champs for a standard playoff bracket. At the moment this can't be done in the editor as you need to set up OOTP X to generate enough rounds in the playoffs. However with a 30 team league it is impossible to select enough teams in custom playoffs to get to 5 rounds (as you need 32 teams for that)

I'm going to see what happens also if you then attempt to do double-elimination (I still think the game will hate it if two teams end up playing against themselves again)
Attached Images
Old 07-20-2009, 03:29 PM   #23
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Tony,
It is good to see you working on the editor once again. I look forward to seeing what you can do with playoff customization.

Any plans to update the rest of you editor for OOTPX? I really miss having the ability to export/import the .fg files for Facegen.
blueturf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:41 PM   #24
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

At this rate, Tony will have my entire Customizable Playoffs Proposal incorporated into his utility in no time...
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:43 AM   #25
Whitesox
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Wow, this is great. Much thanks, and I will be watching this...
Whitesox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:43 AM   #26
hank9481
Major Leagues

Tony,

You had a set of OOTP 8 utilities similar to this where you could edit the schedule and other things, which I used extensively. Is this in the works?

My league's all-star game is set for the wrong date so being able to adjust the schedule for such a thing would be a HUGE help!
Old 07-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #27
hank9481
Major Leagues

Tony? Thoughts?
Old 08-14-2009, 09:56 PM   #28
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Hmm, we can still only have byes in the first round, correct? So no 4vs3, winner plays 2, then winner plays 1?
Carplos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:47 AM   #29
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carplos View Post
Hmm, we can still only have byes in the first round, correct? So no 4vs3, winner plays 2, then winner plays 1?
You can, but you need a league size that will allow that many teams into the playoffs. Assuming you are talking a 2 subleague system that makes 4 rounds for the playoffs so you need the ability to have 8 teams qualify in the game in each subleague (it doesn't matter that they don't qualify), which is OK if you have that many teams and set up a custom playoff setup in the game.

I'm trying to work out the exact mechanism to convince the game to allow playoff schedules that would require more teams than the league has in order to 'fill' the original schedule.

Take for example the following example

Week 1 : 1 v 4 (A), 5 v 8 (B), 6 v 7 (C), 2 v 3 (D)
Week 2 : L[A] v W[B] (E), L[D] v W[C] (F)
Week 3 : W[A] v W[F] (G), W[D] v W[E] (H)
Week 4 : W[G] v W[H]

If that format was used in each subleague in an MLB setup you'd need a 5 round playoff which the game would want 32 teams for (and there aren't enough for that).

I think if I can convince the game to allow enough wildcards to make the full complement without it realising it can't fill it, then playoffs will be able to be lengthened.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:48 AM   #30
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank9481 View Post
Tony,

You had a set of OOTP 8 utilities similar to this where you could edit the schedule and other things, which I used extensively. Is this in the works?

My league's all-star game is set for the wrong date so being able to adjust the schedule for such a thing would be a HUGE help!
I'll have a look at that for v10.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:31 AM   #31
hank9481
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
I'll have a look at that for v10.
Thanks! I know it was a widely used utility and was great.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:34 PM   #32
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Tony,

As you probably know from previous versions, I'm most interested in the exporter/importers for teams, players, and coaches. Do you have plans to release any of these for OOTPX anytime soon?
Old 08-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #33
daves
Hall Of Famer

I will check this out later.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:49 PM   #34
daves
Hall Of Famer

Bump

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:36 AM   #35
muted79
All Star Reserve

Not sure if I am doing it right but can;t figure out if its possible in the current version. I want team #1 to have a bye in the first and 2nd rounds while teams 2 through 5 playoff, with Team #1 then playing the winner of that playoff, is this possible currently/in the future? There are enough teams in the league to run this many rounds.

Last edited by muted79; 08-24-2009 at 02:38 AM.
muted79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:47 AM   #36
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muted79 View Post
Not sure if I am doing it right but can;t figure out if its possible in the current version. I want team #1 to have a bye in the first and 2nd rounds while teams 2 through 5 playoff, with Team #1 then playing the winner of that playoff, is this possible currently/in the future? There are enough teams in the league to run this many rounds.
If this is one sub-league then when during pre-season set the custom playoffs to have 8 teams qualify - it doesn't matter which 8 (probably best to choose the WCs 1-8), if you have two sub-leagues you need to set the custom playoffs to have 16 qualifiers.

Then when you get to the first day of the playoffs you'll have 4 series per sub-league. You can delete two of them per sub-league and then rearrange the teams in the remaining two to be 2 v 5 and 3 v 4. The second round should work fine as the game will automatically advance the winners. At the end of the second round you'll need to add a series to put 1 v W
Old 08-24-2009, 05:10 AM   #37
muted79
All Star Reserve

I tried this, but when I got to the last day it said the league was in the offseason, I think I may have run one day too long, when is the time to do it? the day the last game of the series finishes?
Old 08-24-2009, 05:22 AM   #38
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muted79 View Post
I tried this, but when I got to the last day it said the league was in the offseason, I think I may have run one day too long, when is the time to do it? the day the last game of the series finishes?
Best way to do it is to sim to the last day of the regular season and then sim forward one day so that the playoffs get generated as a 8 or 16 team playoff. Quit the game and use the utility to alter the first round. Then play through the first round day by day, and as soon as all the series have finished then quit the game and go back and edit the second round.

Because the program is external there's no way to fully automate the process. You need to amend each series at the end of the previous one. Once a game has been played in a series it is uneditable.

I'll try and make a walkthrough for what you are trying to do.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:48 AM   #39
muted79
All Star Reserve

that would be great thanks
Old 08-24-2009, 07:56 AM   #40
muted79
All Star Reserve

I think the problem lies in that when it gets to the last round it think there's only one team left standing, the winner of the 2 vs 5 playoffs, therefore it declares the playoffs over and won't give me a chance to add a series between team 1 and the winner of the 2 vs 5 playoffs.