Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 07-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #41
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

I've blended the edges on the old ones and made a few new ones this week. Any further requests? Any current ball players that couldn't be represented with the current batch of beards?

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:45 AM   #42
Wrathchild
Banned

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
Any chance of seeing samples of the new ones? Are the new ones available yet?
Wrathchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #43
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild View Post
Any chance of seeing samples of the new ones? Are the new ones available yet?
Here's a sneak peek. The first one I call "blade" and then you have the "rolly" and "handlebar".

I've also tried a couple of versions of other moustaches. Many of them I'm not so happy with but I'll include them anyway.

As for a release timetable, I'm not too sure. I don't have a very good handle on what else to include. I'd like to make this set as complete as I can. I'd rather not release another add-on after this. I'll probably cycle through a bunch of MLB pics in the next few days to see if there's any current players with facial hair that I don't have and then ship it. So if you've got ideas, now's the time.
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2009, 10:42 AM   #44
Wrathchild
Banned

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
I think you've probably covered everything that can possibly be covered, though I just had an image of Julius from Pulp Fiction come to mind.
Wrathchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:45 PM   #45
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

I'm uploading version 2 to Padresfan's site right now. The new styles look like this:

I hope you guys like 'em.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #46
bubba22plus
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I'm uploading version 2 to Padresfan's site right now. The new styles look like this:

I hope you guys like 'em.
You know i do. Especially Faceplant and Walrus. Oh, and BULLY (i needed to get that in somewhere).
Old 07-17-2009, 08:59 AM   #47
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

Those are awesome. I think the more beards/moustaches/sideburns the better, so these are all going into my universe.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #48
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

It's 50 Megs choked my email provider so I put it up on FileFactory: BobbleFacialHairV2.rar - FileFactory

Hopefully, PadresFan will get it up on his site soon.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:08 AM   #49
Dr. Wu
Minors (Single A)

Nice work once again, Bobble. Very cool stuff!
Dr. Wu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:25 AM   #50
kq76
Global Moderator

I read the other threads before drafting my post and then I saw that you had already started on v2. Oh well, maybe you're still missing some of these..

You might want to do a narrower strip, in between the widths of the landing strip and the soul stripe.

Maybe a Johnny Depp which is a bit like your dribble dip, but a little wider at the bottom and with a bracket (curving around the lip corners) mustache.

While we're talking about brackets, the collection could probably do with a bushier one.

Maybe an Orlando bloom which is like your topped dribble dip, but not so thick on the bottom, more of a triangle.

The bottom half of the Prussian would probably look good.

To take some ideas from here: John & Belle Have A Blog: Make Mine a Balbo

I don't see a Hollywoodian. I always thought those looked great.

Maybe a petit goatee which would be like the van dyke, but rounded at the top.

I don't think I see a real handlebar like a Rollie Fingers (the Kaiser comes the closest).

A more angular, less curving, anchor would look good.

Lastly, I hate to criticize because the collection is awesome and I guess it's probably to give it some 3D-like effect, but your t-bars look a little crooked to me.

Last edited by kq76; 07-17-2009 at 10:27 AM.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #51
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
I read the other threads before drafting my post and then I saw that you had already started on v2. Oh well, maybe you're still missing some of these..

You might want to do a narrower strip, in between the widths of the landing strip and the soul stripe.
I thought the default one kinda covered that ground. No?

Quote:
Maybe a Johnny Depp which is a bit like your dribble dip, but a little wider at the bottom and with a bracket (curving around the lip corners) mustache.
Sorta like goat anchor but a little wider 'stache?

Quote:

While we're talking about brackets, the collection could probably do with a bushier one.

Maybe an Orlando bloom which is like your topped dribble dip, but not so thick on the bottom, more of a triangle.

The bottom half of the Prussian would probably look good.

To take some ideas from here: John & Belle Have A Blog: Make Mine a Balbo

I don't see a Hollywoodian. I always thought those looked great.
My version of the Hollywoodian is in the latest batch.

Quote:

Maybe a petit goatee which would be like the van dyke, but rounded at the top.

I don't think I see a real handlebar like a Rollie Fingers (the Kaiser comes the closest).
My version is the "rollie" from the latest batch.

Quote:

A more angular, less curving, anchor would look good.

Lastly, I hate to criticize because the collection is awesome and I guess it's probably to give it some 3D-like effect, but your t-bars look a little crooked to me.
Not all of the faces that Facegen generates are symmetrical. Are you seeing this on your players or just the pictures here?

Good comments, though. If I get back into making new styles, I'll use these suggestions.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:48 PM   #52
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
I thought the default one kinda covered that ground. No?
I suppose. I just thought that one was a little wide. At first that's what I thought RchW was talking about with his joke. No biggie. It just came to mind so I brought it up.

Quote:
Sorta like goat anchor but a little wider 'stache?
Well, not like the goat anchor in that it curls up. I've never seen that. Most goat anchors I recall are more angular on the bottom corners, like only the front part of a chin curtain. And for the stache the "bracket" you have where it curls around the lip corners looks much more natural than the doublewide although maybe the bracket could be a bit wider. That kind of stache is what I think of when I think the 70s.

Quote:
My version of the Hollywoodian is in the latest batch.

My version is the "rollie" from the latest batch.
Good stuff.

Although you might want to add a fuller version of the HW where the back is extended and the front is filled in a bit more which would look a bit like a full beard, but without the sideburns or high sides.

The handlebar and rollie are both great. I imagine lots of the really early players sported those.

Quote:
Not all of the faces that Facegen generates are symmetrical. Are you seeing this on your players or just the pictures here?
Ah, maybe that's it. I was just going off your demo here.

I've been meaning forever to add your mods to a league, but for one reason or another haven't gotten around to it then I saw your post and decided to give it another look and saw you were looking to add to your collection. I've really got to pin down a new league and get going with it. Thanks!
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote