Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 03-13-2008, 10:54 AM   #61
Long_Long_Name
Hall Of Famer

I also tried to put my csv files in a folder outside cgi-bin, it didn't work. It seems to find the folder, though, because if I enter something bogus in the csv field, I don't get the dropdown list prompt at all.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:58 AM   #62
Getch
All Star Reserve

As yes... Mac's. Those seem to give problems for the utilities. Any chance you can export via a PC? That should fix the problem.

Can you send me the csv's? I'd like to take a peek as to why Mac versions screw up my utilties. They probably use some funky whitespace to denote a carriage return, stupid Macs.
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #63
Long_Long_Name
Hall Of Famer

PM sent
Old 03-17-2008, 08:03 PM   #64
DWK
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporr View Post
Alright, I have this working quite well now. However, the links aren't making it onto the player pages even though I am clicking that button. I'm careful to upload the player pages first, so it isn't that they are getting overwritten. And it does some processing after I click the button, but I don't see the link anywhere. Any ideas?
Getch, I'm still having problem with the link not showing up I've upgrade the DevAdmin.pm everything else is working fine
DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:25 AM   #65
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWK View Post
Getch, I'm still having problem with the link not showing up I've upgrade the DevAdmin.pm everything else is working fine
First, to everyone, I was away the past few days, and I know there's a couple of you waiting on help. Hopefully I'll get to it tonight.

As for the link problem, it's likely due to the "HTML root directory on server" or "League HTML reports folder" setting in the Admin screen being incorrect. Check those, or if you are not sure, let me know what you have it set to and link me to your site.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:24 PM   #66
DWK
All Star Reserve

Thanks Getch it was the HTML root directory it's working like a charm
DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:16 PM   #67
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Draft question

I am having trouble with the e-mail list. I've eneterd all the e-mails and I've pasted the URL of my distribution. Neither sends messages out and the value I paste in the field disappears as soon as I log out?

What am I missing?

Thanks
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:31 AM   #68
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristolduke View Post
I am having trouble with the e-mail list. I've eneterd all the e-mails and I've pasted the URL of my distribution. Neither sends messages out and the value I paste in the field disappears as soon as I log out?

What am I missing?

Thanks
I'm a little confused. I assume when you say "I've entered all the emails", you mean you've entered them in the distribution list, not my utility. As for the field disappearing after log out, that's odd. After you enter it, you hit "Save" at the bottom, correct?
Old 04-03-2008, 07:42 PM   #69
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

I have a distribution list (group list) on my e-mail site. I used the url of that in the distribution list field. I have also entered them as a long string comma seperated (e.g address1, address2, etc).

In both cases I hit save. I have made a manual pick and exited the admin screen. No email is received and when I log back into the admin the list fields are blank.

Hope that's clearer.

Thanks
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #70
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, I was in Uganda for all of March and haven't been by these forums much since I got back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snnort View Post
Getch... I asked something like this on our league forum (OTM) but thought I'd put it in simpler terms and for more to see (since it may take a group effort to figure)...

My question is, on the next patch of OOTPOU how hard would it be to input the so-called Smyth/Patriot method (aka Pythagenpat ) of X=((rs+ra)/g)^.285 into the "Pythagorean Exponent" field in OOTPOU for the Playoff Odds Report?
It's not too hard to add in since the pieces are all there. I'll work on a patch that would allow you to use this formula, too. If it's not out in a week, shoot me a PM to remind me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getch View Post
I didn't do that particular utility, but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard. Is that a better formula? I notice that the playoff odds report is way off early in the season.
I suppose you can say it's way off in the same sense that a slap hitting infielder with 2 HR's in the first week of the season isn't likely to hit 60 on the year, even though a linear projection would have him there. Changing the exponent isn't going to remove the impact of early season trends. That's only going to go away with more time and teams regressing to their mean.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:52 PM   #71
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Shoot, after looking at it, it was easy enough to do in half an hour while watching TV that you can now download it at the IFB's link pages:

Links Page

A small readme is included, but it's just two files that replace the existing ones.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:07 PM   #72
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

What a nice addition... thanks for taking the time, fhomess!
Corsairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:17 PM   #73
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Getch,

I used the draft tool for the first time. It's fairly neat! Any consideration for a csv importer for draft lists? I'd love to make a list in Excel, then upload a simple file to the tool, or even a copy/paste feature so I could use Excel.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #74
sporr
Global Moderator

Interesting. Our playoff odds seem to be messed up. Cincy has clinched in the NL Wild Card, but it still shows a few other teams with a % chance of getting it.

Playoff Odds Report
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:54 PM   #75
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporr View Post
Interesting. Our playoff odds seem to be messed up. Cincy has clinched in the NL Wild Card, but it still shows a few other teams with a % chance of getting it.

Playoff Odds Report
It seems to be miscalculating the number of wild cards. It should be seeing that with an odd number of divisions, only 1 wild card should be awarded.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #76
Recte44
Global Moderator

Getch- how does this work when you have multiple major leagues in the same online universe?
Old 05-13-2008, 04:19 PM   #77
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
Getch- how does this work when you have multiple major leagues in the same online universe?
There's support for it, but some utilities do not work perfectly. I keep on tweaking it as the issues come in.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:09 AM   #78
Recte44
Global Moderator

Perhaps you can take a look at mine. All the owners from the Nippon League are showing up weird on the main league (MBWBA).

League Managers
Old 05-14-2008, 07:20 PM   #79
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
Perhaps you can take a look at mine. All the owners from the Nippon League are showing up weird on the main league (MBWBA).

League Managers
Yep... there's another one. Try this file out:

www.diamondleaguebaseball.com/utils/stage/OOTPOU/Managers.pm

put it into your OOTPOU directory and let me know if it fixes it.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:43 PM   #80
Recte44
Global Moderator

It didn't seem to do anything. Do I need to regenerate the csv's after I put it in there?