Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-03-2018, 01:42 AM   #21
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
Thanks! I'll probably start earlier when I'll buy the game at midnight the 24 because I want the Union Association (1884) and the Player League (1890)...

Only difference is that I won't wait for the free agent draft since those two leagues picked good players from the Major League.
How are you planning on doing that?
Old 04-03-2018, 02:23 AM   #22
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

I won't... but I would have done it by adding a AAA league each of those years and didn't pick the "players can be bought by other league" option and since I usually play with free agency the players pool countains big name players.

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:02 PM   #23
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Does anyone know that if you have "players can be purchased by Major League teams" selected can the purchases only happen in the off season?
Or am I missing a setting that will allow them be purchase in season?
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:55 AM   #24
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Forget it, as I have been checking the transaction reports, players are being signed during the season. I have two guys tearing it up in AAA and keep watching for them to be signed but nothing yet...
Old 04-08-2018, 11:58 AM   #25
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
Forget it, as I have been checking the transaction reports, players are being signed during the season. I have two guys tearing it up in AAA and keep watching for them to be signed but nothing yet...
There is no option in game to only allow player purchases during the off-season. However, a workaround that might work is to disable the option to allow players to be purchased by other leagues during the season and then turn it back on for the off-season. I haven't tried it but don't see why it wouldn't work.
Tiger Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 12:23 PM   #26
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I want them purchased year round but I wasn’t seeing anything during the season. Probably me not playing attention, I ask questions before I start blaming OOTP, or posting in future improvements because usually I have missed a setting.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:37 PM   #27
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
I want them purchased year round but I wasn’t seeing anything during the season. Probably me not playing attention, I ask questions before I start blaming OOTP, or posting in future improvements because usually I have missed a setting.
Got it when I re-read your post. Sorry for misunderstanding the first time. Purchases I think are much more common in the off-season but, as you have seen, do happen during the season as well.

Sometimes it seems there is no sense to it. I remember in one sim of mine I believe it was Al Simmons who dominated the International League with an independent team and I checked every year but he was still there. Took about 4 seasons of that before he was signed by an MLB team.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:52 PM   #28
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I have Mickey Vernon and Ed Kotcheny both of whom are just decimating my Western League pitching for the third year in a row but no takers. Both are in their mid-twenties so it sees a little strange....
Old 04-14-2018, 02:28 PM   #29
RMc
All Star Starter

Quote:
Would take a lot of work but could be done if you manually import all your rookies each year. I had success with OOTP18 when I made a PCL only league by manually importing rookies. Not too hard creating txt file to bulk import rookies if you are comfortable with excel and viewing the minor league players dat file.

Manually importing them into a fictional league would be the only way you could accomplish it, I think.
Could you give me a step-by-step tutorial? I have Excel.

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2018, 02:08 PM   #30
drambrosini
Minors (Rookie Ball)

actually, he already did that. it's in this other thread:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=287661
drambrosini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:11 PM   #31
drambrosini
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMc View Post

Thanks!
actually, I think he already did that. it's in this other thread:

Old 04-16-2018, 02:14 PM   #32
drambrosini
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

Thanks!
actually, I think he already did that. it's in his other thread:

Old 04-16-2018, 08:43 PM   #33
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Thanks!
Sorry didn’t see this before now. I will try and type it out from memory on my phone while sitting in the car waiting for my son to finish basketball practice. So please excuse any grammatical errors.

What I did was make a copy of the MILBmaster file which can be found in the OOTP19/stats folder.

You can sort it by any column you like. To make a league of just western USA born players I sorted it in excel by birth country and birth state.

Next I deleted all of the non western states born players including a large group with unknown for their birth place.

Remember edit only the copy you made. Don’t mess with the original milbmaster file.

Once I had the players I wanted I sorted them by debut year.

Now to create a rookie class I just copied all of the player id’s of the ones I wanted in my class to a text file.

You would also have to add a comma , after each entry and the debut year you are using so to bring Ted Williams into your 1936 draft class the entry on txt file should be. willia002the,1936

To get it in the game I do the following.
One the day of the draft but before it starts I delete my draft class (only necessary if you had fictional draftees created by your game)

Next I import my txt file by going to the add historical players from free agent screen. ( I can provide some images if you need help doing this.)

Just remember to check add players to the current draft class otherwise they just go to free agent pool.

Hope that makes sense. Any questions let me know and I will clean this up when I am in front of the game.

Attached is a sample text file I used to import my 1936 PCL rookie class
Attached Files
File Type: txt 1936rookies.txt (1.5 KB, 233 views)

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 04-16-2018 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:28 PM   #34
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

I am up to 1887 and find that I have around 80 to 115 players on the reserve rosters of various teams. I would like to sort of start to get a few minor league teams in for the guys to play. Could I use what you have posted to get a few teams in place. Right now I am in the preseason of 1887.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:51 PM   #35
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1964 View Post
I am up to 1887 and find that I have around 80 to 115 players on the reserve rosters of various teams. I would like to sort of start to get a few minor league teams in for the guys to play. Could I use what you have posted to get a few teams in place. Right now I am in the preseason of 1887.
Do you mean 80-115 total amongst all the teams or 80-115 per team? If amongst all teams might want to wait another year or two unless you also have a bunch of players in the free agent pool. Before adding the leagues I would suggest lowering the reserve roster on your major league clubs to 15-20 players max. This will force the teams to release the extra players who would then populate your unaffiliated minor league teams.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:33 PM   #36
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Fan View Post
Do you mean 80-115 total amongst all the teams or 80-115 per team? If amongst all teams might want to wait another year or two unless you also have a bunch of players in the free agent pool. Before adding the leagues I would suggest lowering the reserve roster on your major league clubs to 15-20 players max. This will force the teams to release the extra players who would then populate your unaffiliated minor league teams.

That is per team. I will lower it next season and see for next season. Thanks

Old 05-19-2018, 11:01 PM   #37
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

I set up the New England League in 1887 for the next season. I saw that some of the teams sent players to those teams, but that is ok. I am off tosadd another and see if I can get it right.

Old 06-05-2018, 12:02 PM   #38
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Going to try this tonight as Historical gets harder with each new version and I failed with too many fake players in the minors and trying Spritze's HS database and no players imported. I now know that I need to go into Spritze's excel, add a column, put a comma in there and import minor leaguers manually before the minor league is 'accepted' by OOTP 18. PCL in 1921 instead of 1903? seriously?

Couple of questions...

If you abbreviate the teams with the appropriate abbreviation they have in the next year. (Say Re-abbreviate Southern Association in 1931 so it is the same as baseball references abbreviation) will the teams history carry over? Seems it should.
I find the Bbref abbreviation by grabbing a player who was in the majors at one point, seeing their overview page and then clicking see minors over their hitting or pitching table
https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...ashiwa01.shtml
Chattanooga is abbreviated CNG

Can you change minor league teams to new leagues and do associations? I tried to set up:
PCL as 8 level independent
the International League and American Association as 7 level AA and Southern association and Texas league as 5 & 4 affiliates. But I did it as a new league and thus got a slew of fake players and free agents with names like Tyler and Josh. I did go in and unretire most players under 40, which was exhausting because you need to edit them, but the fake players were created right away and too much of a pain to delete individually.

It killed my enthusiasm to try again until I found your post, but if I follow your guide, can I later break off IL and AA and make them face each other in the Little World Series by 1901?

Last edited by Carlton; 06-05-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:32 AM   #39
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
Going to try this tonight as Historical gets harder with each new version and I failed with too many fake players in the minors and trying Spritze's HS database and no players imported. I now know that I need to go into Spritze's excel, add a column, put a comma in there and import minor leaguers manually before the minor league is 'accepted' by OOTP 18. PCL in 1921 instead of 1903? seriously?

Couple of questions...

If you abbreviate the teams with the appropriate abbreviation they have in the next year. (Say Re-abbreviate Southern Association in 1931 so it is the same as baseball references abbreviation) will the teams history carry over? Seems it should.
I find the Bbref abbreviation by grabbing a player who was in the majors at one point, seeing their overview page and then clicking see minors over their hitting or pitching table
https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...ashiwa01.shtml
Chattanooga is abbreviated CNG

Can you change minor league teams to new leagues and do associations? I tried to set up:
PCL as 8 level independent
the International League and American Association as 7 level AA and Southern association and Texas league as 5 & 4 affiliates. But I did it as a new league and thus got a slew of fake players and free agents with names like Tyler and Josh. I did go in and unretire most players under 40, which was exhausting because you need to edit them, but the fake players were created right away and too much of a pain to delete individually.

It killed my enthusiasm to try again until I found your post, but if I follow your guide, can I later break off IL and AA and make them face each other in the Little World Series by 1901?

Yes!! how can you bulk UNRETIRE players!!
I want koufax and drysdale to play together until 1975!
The only bulk change i think you can make is SLOW aging option
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:49 PM   #40
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad5000 View Post

And then I noticed this guy leading a few leader board stats named George "Tank" Carr. Clicked on him to see who he was and he is black. Another African American. I looked him up and Carr actually played in the Negro Leagues but in the 1920's. So why did he show up in the 1880's when I think that's when he was born? Interesting, does this mean someone like Josh Gibson might show up early? I have the color barrier on for the MLB BTW.

I'm happy this is working so well overall. Love being able to add these leagues. Thanks TigerFan.
There are two players named George Carr born 38 years apart. One may be a Jr.

Last edited by Spritze; 03-08-2019 at 07:51 PM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote