Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
Michael Hopcroft
Major Leagues

A few general questions

I've been absent from the board for nearly four months and sporadic for a while before that, mainly because I didn't keep upgrading OTTP (I still haven't quite figured it out after all this time). But I love hockey, so starting from scratch with the new hockey game seemed like a decent thought.

I have a few questions that are general to the game, and hopefully not specific to the beta, keeping in mind I haven't played at all yet.

1. Will I have to go in and hownload the full game when it becomes available? And while I know I won't have to pay for it again, will I have to activate it again?

2. Will logos, player pictures, and other images be uploadable?

3. A question I've always wondered about OTTP that I figure I should ask about FHM from the get go -- can there be all-time leagues (Howe playing against Gretzky and Lemieux playing against Crosby and Ovechkin?)

Curious.
Michael Hopcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:32 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft View Post
I've been absent from the board for nearly four months and sporadic for a while before that, mainly because I didn't keep upgrading OTTP (I still haven't quite figured it out after all this time). But I love hockey, so starting from scratch with the new hockey game seemed like a decent thought.

I have a few questions that are general to the game, and hopefully not specific to the beta, keeping in mind I haven't played at all yet.

1. Will I have to go in and hownload the full game when it becomes available? And while I know I won't have to pay for it again, will I have to activate it again?
Nope, it'll just be the regular update process for beta owners. There shouldn't be any need to uninstall and reinstall the full version unless you run into the rare update issue where the databases get corrupted. I haven't done a fresh install myself in quite a while.

Quote:
2. Will logos, player pictures, and other images be uploadable?
Like OOTP Baseball's "Add-On Central"? We'd like to do that, but there hasn't been time, so it's a maybe at best for this year. In the meantime, The Blue Line and thebreakaway.net are good for that sort of thing.

Quote:
3. A question I've always wondered about OTTP that I figure I should ask about FHM from the get go -- can there be all-time leagues (Howe playing against Gretzky and Lemieux playing against Crosby and Ovechkin?)
Not yet. We'd have to set up a way to extract players from different years in the historical database and combine them into a league, which is certainly possible, but would have quite a few things ahead of it on the priority list, even for next year. Although now that I think about it, an all-time draft where you could pick any player in history and choose his career year would be pretty cool, wouldn't it?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

You can always create the Player or load a Historical League and save it as a Template and load into a 2013-14 League.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
Michael Hopcroft
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Not yet. We'd have to set up a way to extract players from different years in the historical database and combine them into a league, which is certainly possible, but would have quite a few things ahead of it on the priority list, even for next year. Although now that I think about it, an all-time draft where you could pick any player in history and choose his career year would be pretty cool, wouldn't it?
It would be very cool (in both hockey and baseball). In stat sims like the Action series, that don't have management features, I've been in a few of those projects.

It would also be very cool to do one where all the players start in their rookie seasons! then over the long terms you can watch all of them develop over time from raw but talented players to masters of the game.
Michael Hopcroft is offline   Reply With Quote