Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 12-09-2019, 04:45 AM   #1
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Historical Facegens?

I can't seem to get them to work. Does anyone have a pack of them that will work in the game? As it is, I'd have to manually assign them for every player which is ridiculously tedious. It used to work for me, but apparently no longer.
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:52 AM   #2
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Where are you putting the FaceGens at?

and are you trying to get them into an existing game?
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:29 AM   #3
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
Where are you putting the FaceGens at?

and are you trying to get them into an existing game?
I have them in the fg_files in my documents. I think they are named wrong or, at least, they don't match the historical ids. I'm playing a fictional league where I was trying to import real rookies. I tried downloading the steam mod, but I'm not sure it worked, because I don't have the game for steam. I can't find it in the workshop content. I don't think it downloaded actually.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:32 AM   #4
qcbandits
Banned

Go to the mods section on this board... Look for Qc's complete universe... Most of what you'll need is there.. We're still working through some of the historical stuff but you'll find a lot of what you are looking for
Old 12-09-2019, 09:34 AM   #5
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Go to the mods section on this board... Look for Qc's complete universe... Most of what you'll need is there.. We're still working through some of the historical stuff but you'll find a lot of what you are looking for
I'm almost certain that I had already downloaded it, because I remember the direction to make a backup of the fg_files folder and call it fg2 In fact, I still have the fg2 folder in my documents. I will attempt to reinstall, but I wonder if it will change anything

Last edited by polydamas; 12-09-2019 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:48 AM   #6
qcbandits
Banned

If you are installing into a previous game you may have to reload FaceGen. If you need instructions on that... I'll post that when I'm in front of the computer later
Old 12-09-2019, 11:54 PM   #7
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
If you are installing into a previous game you may have to reload FaceGen. If you need instructions on that... I'll post that when I'm in front of the computer later
That's the thing; I have been trying to get them to work with a new draft class. It didn't work, so I deleted the draft pool and moved the draft pool announcement up. Then it should use the latest fg files for the new draft pool right? I reinstalled your mod. It seems you added 10k fg files since I last downloaded, which is frankly mind-boggling (40k total!?). The naming convention seems off as it doesn't match historical IDs. Are others able to get it to work with the names as they are?
Old 12-15-2019, 05:27 PM   #8
qcbandits
Banned

naming conversion is based off the Bbref ID (Baseballreference.com) its listed in the game as minor league ID. i've only seen a handful of players in the game for MLB nd minors not have that ID