Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.8 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Offseason Discount! SAVE 50%!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 12-07-2019, 10:51 AM   #121
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,857x in 2,189 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman576 View Post
Maybe someday the Knicks will figure out the problems not the coach.
You and she said it: "[The next guy] will be the 14th coach in 18 years. Something tells me the coach is not the problem."

Knicks' problems run much deeper than David Fizdale

There is only one way to explain such chronic failure. It's not the players and coaches who come and go over the years. It's not the general management who also turn over from time to time. It's ownership.

If ownership is stingy or stupid, it's going to persist season after season as they hire people in their own image, tie up the purse strings, and force down inane decisions and strategy (if any).

Much has been said about the Isiah Thomas era and the Phil Jackson era, and those guys were dumb enough, sure. But so is the current general management who couldn't manage to hang on to the one success story in recent years - Kristaps Porzingis - and failed to attract even a single top line free agent despite having plenty of cap room.

Why? Because who in their right mind would want to sign on with an organization that is run by James L. Dolan? His tenure as chairman of Madison Square Garden sports coincides neatly with this ongoing malaise.

I am convinced that until this man dies, retires, or sells the team, the Knicks will continue to be mediocre to terrible. At this point, I wish he would move the team someplace else. I would like to be a fan of the Brooklyn Nets but the Knicks get in the way.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 02:30 PM   #122
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 599x in 457 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
You and she said it: "[The next guy] will be the 14th coach in 18 years. Something tells me the coach is not the problem."

Knicks' problems run much deeper than David Fizdale

There is only one way to explain such chronic failure. It's not the players and coaches who come and go over the years. It's not the general management who also turn over from time to time. It's ownership.

If ownership is stingy or stupid, it's going to persist season after season as they hire people in their own image, tie up the purse strings, and force down inane decisions and strategy (if any).

Much has been said about the Isiah Thomas era and the Phil Jackson era, and those guys were dumb enough, sure. But so is the current general management who couldn't manage to hang on to the one success story in recent years - Kristaps Porzingis - and failed to attract even a single top line free agent despite having plenty of cap room.

Why? Because who in their right mind would want to sign on with an organization that is run by James L. Dolan? His tenure as chairman of Madison Square Garden sports coincides neatly with this ongoing malaise.

I am convinced that until this man dies, retires, or sells the team, the Knicks will continue to be mediocre to terrible. At this point, I wish he would move the team someplace else. I would like to be a fan of the Brooklyn Nets but the Knicks get in the way.
Which is why Knicks fans have to take ownership of the problem. As long as they buy tickets there is no reason for Dolan to change the way he operates or for him to sell the team.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 07:19 PM   #123
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
Which is why Knicks fans have to take ownership of the problem. As long as they buy tickets there is no reason for Dolan to change the way he operates or for him to sell the team.
Well, count me as a minority-share owner, then! For, I have not been to the Garden in a dog's age. Aside from one lucky game that I watched earlier this year (they won! - a mere 18% chance so far this season), I have not watched Knicks telecasts in a couple of seasons. So I agree. Force the SOB to sell the team. Easier said than done, though. Why people continue to go to Knicks games is mind-boggling to me.

- Bru

Old 12-09-2019, 10:51 AM   #124
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Here's a small example of the ongoing incompetence of Knicks management with Dolan as the sole common denominator.

The team waited 48 hours, and only after prodding by the media, to issue the usual "thanks for your services" statement to David Fizdale. Why would they have waited to do so, if the man deserved such consideration - and he did because he had neither the time nor the resources to raise this Titanic - and then having to do so in an embarrassing manner?

Instead, they issued a one-line announcement at the time and thought that was sufficient. Or they didn't think at all.

The same media is already talking about front-office replacements. It doesn't matter because either Dolan will hire more dolts ("Doltans?") or he will meddle and undermine them, or both.

- Bru

Old 12-11-2019, 12:05 PM   #125
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 599x in 457 posts
Last night, Vince Carter played what should be his last game in Miami. Which reminded me of this.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
thehef (12-11-2019)