Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 08-24-2019, 12:35 AM   #1
batrightythrowlefty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

24 team/2 subleague/4 division of 6 teams total

Hey guys new to OOTP and fictional leagues.
Was wondering if you could create an 152 game schedule
Balanced schedule
18 home against one team
17 against the rest of the division opponents
6 against the rest of the teams in the other sub league
3 against all the interleague teams
Starts first Monday of April
ASG on October 25th, but second week of July there is a 3 day break period.
Would like the season to end around September 20th

Is this going to be too complicated to make?
batrightythrowlefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:17 PM   #2
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by batrightythrowlefty View Post
Hey guys new to OOTP and fictional leagues.
Was wondering if you could create an 152 game schedule
Balanced schedule
18 home against one team
17 against the rest of the division opponents
6 against the rest of the teams in the other sub league
3 against all the interleague teams
Starts first Monday of April
ASG on October 25th, but second week of July there is a 3 day break period.
Would like the season to end around September 20th

Is this going to be too complicated to make?
That ASG so late is presumably supposed to be after the playoffs. I know trying to have ASG immediately after regular season does not really work because the game does not delay the playoffs. I am not sure at this point how it would handle the ASG that late.

Biggest immediate issue is that my math has the number of games at 158...
division: 17+17+17+17+18 = 86
league: 6 * 6 = 36
interleague: 12 * 3 = 36
total: 86 + 36 + 36 = 158

First off, my math should be checked. If it is right, maybe you want 158, maybe you want to trim back (16+16+16+16+16 gets to 152, 16+17+16+17+16 is 154)... Let me know what you want there and the math can be worked out. That approximately Apr1-Sep20 is pretty short for 158 games but pretty generous for 152.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:19 PM   #3
batrightythrowlefty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo View Post
That ASG so late is presumably supposed to be after the playoffs. I know trying to have ASG immediately after regular season does not really work because the game does not delay the playoffs. I am not sure at this point how it would handle the ASG that late.

Biggest immediate issue is that my math has the number of games at 158...
division: 17+17+17+17+18 = 86
league: 6 * 6 = 36
interleague: 12 * 3 = 36
total: 86 + 36 + 36 = 158

First off, my math should be checked. If it is right, maybe you want 158, maybe you want to trim back (16+16+16+16+16 gets to 152, 16+17+16+17+16 is 154)... Let me know what you want there and the math can be worked out. That approximately Apr1-Sep20 is pretty short for 158 games but pretty generous for 152.
You are right! Sorry about the math. Do you 16x5, 6x6, and 12x3.

Just set ASG to second week in July. Make like a 3 day break period. I'll manually move it back.

Would like to start the first monday of April, and would like to see it done in 170 days. Thoughts on this?

Is 152 games in 170 days too generous for a 4 man rotation 152 game season? Would like to hear your opinion.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:48 AM   #4
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by batrightythrowlefty View Post
You are right! Sorry about the math. Do you 16x5, 6x6, and 12x3.

Just set ASG to second week in July. Make like a 3 day break period. I'll manually move it back.

Would like to start the first monday of April, and would like to see it done in 170 days. Thoughts on this?

Is 152 games in 170 days too generous for a 4 man rotation 152 game season? Would like to hear your opinion.
I should be careful not to sound like an expert on how well the game will handle the way you want to go (i.e., with 4-man rotation). But I think it will be fine because 152 games in 170 days is not much more compact than modern MLB.

The latest collective bargaining in effect the past couple years has 162 games in 186 days. Before that is was 162 games in 182 days, which obviously is very similar to 152 in 172.

What I see piecing together very well is 152 games in 172 days. That would be 48 series per team, at 2 series per week, plus one half week for the mid-season break. So 24.5 weeks times 7 days a week is 171-172 days. I round up foreseeing a 4-game series Mon-Thu to close the season since the season starts on a Monday. Does that sound okay?
Old 08-26-2019, 08:43 PM   #5
batrightythrowlefty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I should be careful not to sound like an expert on how well the game will handle the way you want to go (i.e., with 4-man rotation). But I think it will be fine because 152 games in 170 days is not much more compact than modern MLB.

The latest collective bargaining in effect the past couple years has 162 games in 186 days. Before that is was 162 games in 182 days, which obviously is very similar to 152 in 172.

What I see piecing together very well is 152 games in 172 days. That would be 48 series per team, at 2 series per week, plus one half week for the mid-season break. So 24.5 weeks times 7 days a week is 171-172 days. I round up foreseeing a 4-game series Mon-Thu to close the season since the season starts on a Monday. Does that sound okay?
Sounds fine to me! Just would like a 3-4 off period as mentioned second week of July.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:47 PM   #6
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

By the time I saw the exchange in this thread, I was already mostly through a schedule having completely missed the mathematical mishap, so I ended up with a 158-game schedule that fits your original specs. I'll let gmo handle your actual request, but I may as well post this one here so it can be added to the master list.

--------
24 teams, 158 games
2 subleagues, 2 divisions of 6 in each subleague (suitable for MLB setup 1969-76 if you like interleague play)
--------
- 18 games against 1 division opponent (9H/9A)
- 17 games against the other 4 division opponents (either 10H/7A or 7H/10A, 34H/34A in total)
- 6 games against the teams in the other division of your subleague (3H/3A, 18H/18A in total)
- 3 games against the 12 teams in the other subleague (3H or 3A, 18H/18A in total)
--------
Season is intended to start first Monday of April and finish on a Thursday, either the last of September or first of October (Sept 26-Oct 2, whichever's a Thursday)
Season is overall one week shorter than modern MLB schedule (179 days in total)
I left the All-Star Game entirely unscheduled, so that should be done manually - there is space for it in the second week of July, or it can be done after the season leaving a 4-day break in July
Interleague games are all played between mid-May and mid-August - during that time they make up roughly half the schedule
--------
Didn't do much with game times - the last game of every series is at 1:10 local, and all other games are at 7:10 local
Did my best to keep lengthy homestands and roadtrips to a minimum, but they sneak in: one team has a 16-game homestand and another has a 14-game roadtrip, but overall they're fairly realistic.
--------
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILY_BGN_G158_SL1_D2_T6_T6_SL2_D2_T6_T6.lsdl (92.1 KB, 91 views)
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:09 PM   #7
batrightythrowlefty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruwisc View Post
By the time I saw the exchange in this thread, I was already mostly through a schedule having completely missed the mathematical mishap, so I ended up with a 158-game schedule that fits your original specs. I'll let gmo handle your actual request, but I may as well post this one here so it can be added to the master list.

--------
24 teams, 158 games
2 subleagues, 2 divisions of 6 in each subleague (suitable for MLB setup 1969-76 if you like interleague play)
--------
- 18 games against 1 division opponent (9H/9A)
- 17 games against the other 4 division opponents (either 10H/7A or 7H/10A, 34H/34A in total)
- 6 games against the teams in the other division of your subleague (3H/3A, 18H/18A in total)
- 3 games against the 12 teams in the other subleague (3H or 3A, 18H/18A in total)
--------
Season is intended to start first Monday of April and finish on a Thursday, either the last of September or first of October (Sept 26-Oct 2, whichever's a Thursday)
Season is overall one week shorter than modern MLB schedule (179 days in total)
I left the All-Star Game entirely unscheduled, so that should be done manually - there is space for it in the second week of July, or it can be done after the season leaving a 4-day break in July
Interleague games are all played between mid-May and mid-August - during that time they make up roughly half the schedule
--------
Didn't do much with game times - the last game of every series is at 1:10 local, and all other games are at 7:10 local
Did my best to keep lengthy homestands and roadtrips to a minimum, but they sneak in: one team has a 16-game homestand and another has a 14-game roadtrip, but overall they're fairly realistic.
--------

Thank you so much dude! Since you took the time to do this, I’ll use GMO’s for 20ish years, and pretend there’s a new CBA and use yours eventually!
Old 08-29-2019, 12:30 AM   #8
gmo
Hall Of Famer

I am fairly close to something, but I am having my own urge to tear down and rebuild rather than trying to plow through to the finish. Either way, I think I will have time the next couple of days to get a result.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:14 AM   #9
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am fairly close to something, but I am having my own urge to tear down and rebuild rather than trying to plow through to the finish. Either way, I think I will have time the next couple of days to get a result.
So I ended up both pushing through what I was doing but also doing a different version taking a different path. I will post them below momentarily. A little explanation on them first.

In broad strokes they are the same. The structure notes will be almost identical. I think both are fine, but there are details in each that I am not completely satisfied with how they panned out.

The "a" version is a case where the type of game everyone is playing is always the same. I.e., all the teams are playing division games at this time, at that time everybody is playing interleague, etc. What I did not like so much about this one is the number of single-series homestands and roadtrips. For this schedule with 48 series per team I would aim to have 12 as the maximum, but in this case twelve was about the average with about half the teams having more. The way I laid out the types and the need to also make sure not to have anyone have longer than 4-game homestands and roadtrips trapped me into relatively lots of those singles.

The "b" version is a case where I mixed up the types of games at any given time. A quarter of the time there are only division games, but the rest of the time there are mixtures of varying amounts of division/interdivision/interleague. That allowed for better minimization of the single-series homestands and roadtrips (one team ends up with 13, but the average is 9 per team). What I did not like so much about this one is how close some of the team-vs-team matchups are. E.g., there are some interdivision matchups where the two series are a week apart, and there are some cases where all the matchups between division opponents fall in one half of the season.

Again, I think both are fine, but I wanted to put those details out there.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:15 AM   #10
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Code:
#
# 24 team schedule, 152 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 2 subleagues each with 2 divisions, each with 6 teams
#
#
# 16 games against 5 other teams in division (7-9H/7-9A)
#  6 games against 6 other teams in league (3H/3A)
#  3 games against 12 teams in other league (3H or 3A)
#
#
# No cases of more than 20 straight days without offday
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 14 games
# All-Star break counted as ending homestands/roadtrips
#
# Teams play 12 home weekend series
#
# All game times set at 7:05pm
#
# Season begins first Monday of April
# Season ends late September
# Season spans 172 days
#
# All-Star Game set for first Tuesday on or after July 9th (day num 100)
#
# Built on 2019-08-30
#
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl 24team152_226u_a_gmo.lsdl (91.2 KB, 93 views)
Old 08-31-2019, 12:16 AM   #11
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Code:
#
# 24 team schedule, 152 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 2 subleagues each with 2 divisions, each with 6 teams
#
#
# 16 games against 5 other teams in division (7-9H/7-9A)
#  6 games against 6 other teams in league (3H/3A)
#  3 games against 12 teams in other league (3H or 3A)
#
#
# No cases of more than 20 straight days without offday
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 14 games
# All-Star break counted as ending homestands/roadtrips
#
# Teams play 11-13 home weekend series
#
# All game times set at 7:05pm
#
# Season begins first Monday of April
# Season ends late September
# Season spans 172 days
#
# All-Star Game set for first Tuesday on or after July 9th (day num 100)
#
# Built on 2019-08-30
#
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl 24team152_226u_b_gmo.lsdl (91.2 KB, 80 views)