Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 02-20-2019, 04:14 PM   #1
lokasenna
Bat Boy

How to Career Play start in actual year 2015?

Hiya guys, I've been playing since OOTP 17. For a new game, I wanted to do something different.

I decided to take over the Reds starting in actual 2015, in a fresh game, using OOTP 19. I set the start year to 2015, and for the game to import 2015 financial info for MLB... and yet this is what I've got going on: https://imgur.com/a/hNm0x8K

In the 4th screenshot, in the league settings, you can see that it says 2018 for historical info. I picked 2015 in the only 1 or 2 spots it let me put in a year. I did Advanced setup and went through every page.

What did I do wrong? There's no point in starting in 2015 as the Reds if it's using 2018 contract info, but with 2015 player ages. I'm essentially losing 3 years on everybody in that case... that's not right.

What are the steps I need to take during game creation to get the actual 2015 Reds, with the actual 2015 financials and contract info?
lokasenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:19 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Just change it to 2016. Those are for each progressive year. You have your 2015 Reds, when the season ends and it rolls over to 2016, that is the years settings it will import. It should also automatically change to 2017 next season.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 02-20-2019 at 05:21 PM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:47 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i think he made a modern league with 2015 settings.

you need to make a historical league in the game creation wizard. if you want to do some of the advanced options during creation, select 'advanced options' at end of wizard. the wizard should ensure you select the year you want to start and how the players are to be rated etc etc.

i've created a few over time, but never played them much and not recently. otherwise i'd give more specifics. the gui should make it clear during creation, though if you use the wizard.

fwiw, you do want that initial "historical year" value in stats and AI to be 2015 that first year, and whne you create a historic league that will be done for you, most likely... it will also auto-increment to 2016 and so on... once it surpasses current year, it remains the same unless you turn on league evolution or change it by hand. (for future use, historic but not historic settings can be done by setting this to 2019+ etc... i usually put in 2051 or 2101 etc. is 2018 or 2019 the point it changes? just avoid it for sure)

Last edited by NoOne; 02-20-2019 at 05:51 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:32 PM   #4
lokasenna
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
i think he made a modern league with 2015 settings.

you need to make a historical league in the game creation wizard. if you want to do some of the advanced options during creation, select 'advanced options' at end of wizard. the wizard should ensure you select the year you want to start and how the players are to be rated etc etc.

i've created a few over time, but never played them much and not recently. otherwise i'd give more specifics. the gui should make it clear during creation, though if you use the wizard.

fwiw, you do want that initial "historical year" value in stats and AI to be 2015 that first year, and whne you create a historic league that will be done for you, most likely... it will also auto-increment to 2016 and so on... once it surpasses current year, it remains the same unless you turn on league evolution or change it by hand. (for future use, historic but not historic settings can be done by setting this to 2019+ etc... i usually put in 2051 or 2101 etc. is 2018 or 2019 the point it changes? just avoid it for sure)
I've tried it with both New Custom Game and New Historical.

New Historical seems to lock you in to using 100% accuracy scouting? I don't want that.

My problem is that the GUI wizard is NOT clear. Sadly.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:55 PM   #5
lokasenna
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokasenna View Post
I've tried it with both New Custom Game and New Historical.

New Historical seems to lock you in to using 100% accuracy scouting? I don't want that.

My problem is that the GUI wizard is NOT clear. Sadly.
OK, so I just tried again. I created a new custom game from the main screen, and then in the options I selected the one for a historical league (the last available year for which is 2015, which is perfect)... but then when I get to the final page of the GUI wizard, the scouting accuracy is locked in at 100% accuracy. I can't change it.

However, when I go to advanced mode I found the checkbox for "use complete scouting system" which allows me to change that. OK, cool, maybe this is the right track... I'll proceed with this and see how it goes, I guess.

I just wish this hadn't taken me 5 or 6 attempts over the last few years to do (assuming this attempt works). I'm a pretty software savvy younger guy, but the fact that it takes a few minutes (sometimes as many as 5 to 10) to create a new game in addition to the time I spend changing the settings means that every time I've mustered up the willpower to do it, and it failed, I just went back to playing my other career game.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:45 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

there are many more options to decide upon with historical setups.

the accuracy thing.. again, what i say depends on a few things -- you pretty much know who is good and who isn't with a historical league. there are some settings that can make this less true. you can let developement engine do it's random thing with potentials or you can have it recalc based on 3yr average of RL results just to name a couple things. so, if the AI doesn't see as clearly as you, it's a bit of an advantage. just mentioning it, if you hadn't thought about it from that perspective. 100% personal preference, of course.

i bet you can find some steps in forums. use google with "site:www.ootpdevelopments.com" appended. older versions aren't a problem for this in most cases... or, only small bits will be outdated.

i'd read over online manual under historical settings or whatever it's titled. multiple times and leave it open while creating anythign the first few times for easy access to explanations.

Last edited by NoOne; 02-22-2019 at 03:48 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 07:20 AM   #7
GunnyB
Minors (Triple A)

loka
I’m a Reds fan. Good luck
Old 02-23-2019, 07:50 PM   #8
lokasenna
Bat Boy

Followup question: can I disable the importing of historical minor leaguers? I noticed when the draft pool release day hit (May 20 for me, as my draft is scheduled for June 20 every year) that it was importing a whole new batch of minor leaguers and whatnot, which appears to have been the historical draft pool. I don't want this to keep happening for the next 3 years.

I've completed 2015, leaving the game-by-game to my bench coach (lol). The team went 68-94, which is 4 games better than history, so about the same. I managed to make some cheap upgrades (because the owner wants me to play close to .500 ball...) in the offseason and the in-game predictions had me finishing worse, at 63-99. Wowza.

So last year in the draft I got Albies. Because of the historical minor leaguers being imported (which I thought was just a Year 1 thing...) he's now in the game twice. I imagine he's not the only one, I just noticed this one because in the 2016 draft he's showing up as one of the top ten draft prospects. Couple of screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/GIxlhDW - note the difference in quality!