Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 10-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #1
CLancaster23
Minors (Single A)

Depleted minor leagues.

I am 17 years simmed into a managerial career and have noticed a severe lack of talent in most of my leagues teams minor leagues. Each team on average has 1-5 players in their entire system with above 61 overall potential ratings on a 20-80 scale. Five of the 30 teams has 0 players with a 61 or higher rating. Just two teams have 5 players in their minors with a 61+ rating. I only counted players that are in the minors and 25 and under. Another thing I noticed are the drafts are near pathetic in recent years only producing maybe 8-10 max players with potential ratings above 61. So I'm pretty sure it's the drafts that are depleting my systems to dust. Is there a way to get better draft pools? At the beginning, the drafts were good but in the last few years they have been abysmal. I haven't messed with any of the settings and this is a league I made in game starting fictionally. I'm probably going to have to restart a new career cause even if I get this problem fixed, the league will be so raw with no talented players for several years and I can't play through that... Anyone have any clues??
CLancaster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:08 AM   #2
Airassault101O3
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just a guess here, but mostly by the time players get to the rating you are talking about, they should be major leaguers, the minors irl are full of those type of players, and irl, as they get better, they climb, and if they dont get better, they are released, and another low player will take their place, hoping to improve enough to make it.
Airassault101O3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:14 AM   #3
CLancaster23
Minors (Single A)

Anyone have a view on this. Still lost to how the drafts are not even making many above average prospects. Maybe 5-6 total above 61. I know this isn't normal.
CLancaster23 is offline   Reply With Quote