Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:38 PM   #61
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

no licencing
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:41 PM   #62
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallschirmjager View Post
Besides the opening splash screen I never felt like SI had much impact on OOTP
And I always found it odd that a English company was trying to promote a baseball game
Maybe if this is tried again a company with a HQ in North America can try and promote the game. For obvious reason SI always had trouble doing so.

And now perhaps SI can pick up that Formula One game which has been in development for half a decade

And does this mean Markus is moving back to Germany?
Similar to how I felt. I think SI were genuine in intent but flawed in execution. Without piling on here there was similar criticism that EHM Hockey Manager got no publicity/sales in Canada, where it should have done well.

However Marc Duffy is a good guy and Markus got a lot out of this deal while keeping ownership of the code.

I do wonder how Markus and Andreas will keep up. Say what you will, there were several SI people involved in certain parts of the beta test program.

A new start, best wishes to all.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:42 PM   #63
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Good luck to all involved!
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:48 PM   #64
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

The one thing that concerns me is that Marc did a really good job these past 2 years in running interference for Markus and Andreas. Is there any way the company can hire somebody, or heck even have a volunteer, out there to handle PR? It would be a thankless job, but - and please don't take this the wrong way, OOTP team - it seems like the gang is more productive when they can concentrate on coding and testing that code and let someone else coordinate all the mad action (especially TRTR, which has been wildly successful IMO and should really be continued).
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:55 PM   #65
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Besides the opening splash screen I never felt like SI had much impact on OOTP
How quickly we forget the new code that led to OOTP 2006 and 2007. A vast growing point in the OOTP series considering Markus had pretty much gone as far as he could with the old code.

Quote:
And I always found it odd that a English company was trying to promote a baseball game
And this is different than someone from Germany promoting it?

Quote:
Maybe if this is tried again a company with a HQ in North America can try and promote the game. For obvious reason SI always had trouble doing so.
Markus was never headquartered in North America and he did quite well.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:55 PM   #66
OakDragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Nothing - it will be continued for Mac and PC. Steve even got a MacBook now

Oh, goody. Now there will be one more voice behind the rally for an Intel port.
OakDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:01 PM   #67
texasmame
All Star Starter

So, obviously, the most important question has yet to be asked. . .

What's this mean for sound?

JUST kidding.

Best of luck - carry on!!!

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:48 PM   #68
battists
Hall Of Famer

I can announce this one new feature, with three simple words:

EARL.WEAVER.IMPORT.

battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #69
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Duffys Tavern will NOT change names

BULLETIN: It is official, Duffys Tavern, named after Marc Duffy will NOT be making any name changes, but will remain as a tribute to commerate the great contributions made by this fine man.

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room

Last edited by kagnew35; 09-20-2007 at 11:55 PM.
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:46 AM   #70
Anisoptera
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Finally, we will also be sending out a mass e-mail newsletter tomorrow, that will have some additional interesting news! We'll post it here on the forums, as well.
I can't wait!

I realize some people had issues with SI, but I have to agree with the posters who say don't underestimate the contribution SI made, especially Duffy's. I doubt that they'll even try to replace him, which would most likely be a mistake. It would be great to get the game in stores and if they can do that, maybe they don't need one so bad, but one would still help. And rosters too, wow, that'd be awesome!

Last edited by Anisoptera; 09-21-2007 at 12:48 AM.
Anisoptera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:23 AM   #71
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
I can announce this one new feature, with three simple words:

EARL.WEAVER.IMPORT.

That's all well and good, but what about my Baseball Pro '98 league?
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:32 AM   #72
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
That's all well and good, but what about my Baseball Pro '98 league?
FPS???? AHHHH, nice flashbacks
Old 09-21-2007, 01:44 AM   #73
chanman
Minors (Double A)

Makes sense to me to see this happen. SI seems to be focusing solely on FM (which I recently got hooked on) and OOTP really was not going to get the right marketing here it needed from a company no one here knows of generally. Everyone I think wins in this one. Plus in case of OOTP pushing ahead with real rosters and somehow they get sued or something Sega is free and clear. Looks like an everyone wins situation. I just hope the product this year is finally worth buying again. I have a feeling it will be.
chanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:46 AM   #74
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanman View Post
Makes sense to me to see this happen. SI seems to be focusing solely on FM (which I recently got hooked on) and OOTP really was not going to get the right marketing here it needed from a company no one here knows of generally. Everyone I think wins in this one. Plus in case of OOTP pushing ahead with real rosters and somehow they get sued or something Sega is free and clear. Looks like an everyone wins situation. I just hope the product this year is finally worth buying again. I have a feeling it will be.
Have you checked out 07???
Old 09-21-2007, 02:10 AM   #75
DougWyatt
All Star Starter

hmm, as far as personally - as a customer - not sure what to say here. I think OOTP was a very good & improving game without SI, and I also think that 2007 is a great game. This news doesn't affect my customer position at all.

That said Markus, the only "real" thought that came to me was worry for your health. I'm not sure if this increases your work load, but if so ... remember to keep your health first. I'm sure you feel loyal to this customer base, but watch the stress level & stay healthy.

Last edited by DougWyatt; 09-21-2007 at 02:20 AM.
DougWyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:29 AM   #76
Pommpie
Minors (Single A)

It's interesting to me that, before SEGA grabbed Sports Interactive, there was a lot of enthusiasm for new and exciting sports in the SI stable (Riz coming over to do NHL: EHM, OOTP, and I remember a seemingly well-founded rumour that they were talking to the Front Office Football people). Then SEGA takes over, and NHL: EHM promptly takes the pipe because of "piracy", and now OOTP and SI have amicably parted company.

I have no doubt in the least that the guys at SI did everything they humanly could to make OOTP a success while it was under their roof, and I know that Duffy and the crew are all ace, but I can't help but wonder whether the corporate overlords were basically buying FM and looking to cut out the rest of the chaff...
Pommpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:14 AM   #77
thatsnotgross
Bat Boy

Good luck to both companies. If Markus and his comapny ever need a silent partner, please PM me.

Anyways, I hope there is no MLB license because i'm afraid that MLB will want certain changes to this amazing game with a 600 page manual.
thatsnotgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:29 AM   #78
Raderick
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
The one thing that concerns me is that Marc did a really good job these past 2 years in running interference for Markus and Andreas. Is there any way the company can hire somebody, or heck even have a volunteer, out there to handle PR?
Steve Kuffrey was basically that man until Markus signed over to SI.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:36 AM   #79
Boom Boom
Major Leagues

I hope ootp becomes more user friendly. I miss the layout of 6.5
Boom Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:03 AM   #80
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Just to clarify this:

Having a roster set available with the release is a really high priority. Whether there are real MLB players/logos etc. actually delivered with the game setup files is still up for discussion, and probably won't be decided for some time. Obviously, it has a lot to do with licensing.
Well, we will probably not get a MLB license because it comes with too many restrictions. However, I am 99% sure that we will ship with real player names next year, as MLBPA lost a recent lawsuit that basically allows us to do this
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote