Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 09-10-2019, 01:01 PM   #81
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

II was 6-7 vs. the spread in week 1. Hopefully I can chalk it up to week 1 rust, right?

Week 2:
TAM at CAR(-6.5) - The Panthers seem like the better team and they are at home PICK: CAR Result: TB by 6(Loss, 0-1)

SF at CIN(-2.0) - The 49ers won last week and the Bengals didn't. PICK: SF Result: SF by 24(Won, 1-1)

LAC(-2.5) at DET - The Chargers barely beat an inferior Colts team in week 1, they can do better this week. Pick: LAC Result: DET by 3(Loss, 1-2)

MIN at GB(-2.5) - The pack attack did better against the bears than expected, but Minnesota has one of the best defences in football. Pick: MIN Result: GB by 5(Loss, 1-3)

IND at TEN(-3.0) - The Titans seem to be one of the more underestimated teams this year. PICK: TEN Result: IND by 2(Loss, 1-4)

NE(-19.0) at MIA - One of the larger spreads in NFL history I'm sure, but I'll still go with the favorite, especially since they get Antonio Brown. PICK: NE Result: NE by 43(Win 2-4)

BUF(-2.0) at NYG - Should be a close game, I'll go with the team in the superior division. PICK: BUF Result: BUF by 14(Win, 3-4)

SEA at PIT(-4.0) - Expecting a close, low scoring game with two run happy teams. I'll be a homer and go with my favorite team. PICK: SEA Result: SEA by 2(Win, 4-4)

DAL(-4.5) at WAS - I'll be pretty shocked if the Cowboys don't cover the spread. PICK: DAL Result: DAL by 10(Won, 5-4)

ARI at BAL(-13.5) - Two TD seems like a bargain after the 59-10 win in week 1 for Baltimore. PICK: BAL Result: BAL by 6(Loss, 5-5)

JAX at HOU(-6.5) - A lot depends on Nick Foles, but he doesn't look 100% PICK: HOU Result: HOU by 1(Loss, 5-6)

KC(-6.0) at OAK - I can't fathom how the line is only 6 here. PICK: KC Result: KC by 18(Win 6-6)

CHI(-2.5) at DEN - One of the better teams against one of the worst teams. PICK: CHI Result: CHI by 2(Loss 6-7)

NO at LAR(-2.5) - The Saints underperformed last week and I think they will want to show more dominance. PICK: NO Result: LAR by 18(Loss 6-8)

PHI(-2.5) at ATL - Could be close but the Falcons look like they are not the best on defence. PICK: PHI Result: ATL by 4(Loss 6-9)

CLE(-2.5) at NYJ - The Browns have way more to play for after a suprising week 1 blowout loss. PICK: CLE Result: CLE by 20(Win 7-9)

Last edited by monkeyman576; 09-17-2019 at 09:49 AM.
monkeyman576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:04 AM   #82
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Antonio Brown accused of rape in civil suit.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:37 AM   #83
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Ouch - we're gonna miss him, he looks very promising - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...e-placed-on-ir
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:01 AM   #84
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

I wonder if the Pats will cut AB before it goes to trial, and if he'll play football again
Old 09-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #85
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman576 View Post
I wonder if the Pats will cut AB before it goes to trial, and if he'll play football again
Kraft would be the ultimate hypocrite if he did seeing what happened in his off season.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 09-11-2019, 01:39 PM   #86
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Kraft did not assault anyone, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't aware that he was visiting someplace involved in sex trafficing. Not that what he did was okay.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:48 PM   #87
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Kraft did not assault anyone, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't aware that he was visiting someplace involved in sex trafficing. Not that what he did was okay.
But he would see the value of seeing the court case al the way thru. He would have been p.o.'d if he got suspended immediately after his name was brought up.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 09-11-2019, 04:35 PM   #88
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

That's the difference between being an owner and player. Getting rid of players with legal issues has become pretty commonplace.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

Last edited by monkeyman576; 09-11-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:30 PM   #89
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
Patriots added an option year at 20 million so he really didnt lose any money unless he screws up again.
So who's fault was it that Pittsburgh had to trade him? The Steelers are not the ones that didnt show up to a game. Welll except for sunday.
This all on Antonio. I dont know if the patriots were in on it or just taking advantage of it but hes gone and the Carr was fine without him.
Might even be better for Carr that he is gone.
As long AB doesnt get a ring i'll be happy.
I'm not sure if he will last the season with the patriots.
Good riddance to that clown.
I'm with you on this. But in order for him not to get a ring one of two things have to happen. The Patriots have to release him or lose in the Super Bowl. Because that's where they're going, the SB.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:14 PM   #90
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's the difference between being an owner and player. Getting rid of players with legal issues has become pretty commonplace.
I know. Welcome to America where the wealthy operate on more favorable terms than the rest of us.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 09-11-2019, 11:42 PM   #91
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Finished watching Hard Knocks (awesome btw), and unless Antonio Brown is a really good actor, I'm going with personality issues over grand schemer. But hey who knows
Old 09-12-2019, 03:18 PM   #92
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
I know. Welcome to America where the wealthy operate on more favorable terms than the rest of us.
Just off the top of my head, it seems that Colts' owner Jimmy Irsay and former Panthers' owner Jerry Richardson paid appropriate prices for their transgressions. And crossing sports, nobody can say that former Clippers' owner Donald Sterling got off easy... In fact, Richardson's price was likely moreso than a player would've paid for the same offenses.

The only point I'll agree with here is that, yes, it would be premature for the Patriots to release Brown before he gets his day in court (or before the legal system otherwise plays itself out)***. But the 49ers releasing Foster after his latest DV charge is not a case of a double-standard, nor would it be if Brown ends up being some form of guilty of sexual assault and gets released.

***That said, most agree that Brown is a selfish nut case and prone to being a distraction. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him cause additional problems that make it simply not worth the hassle, and in that scenario the Pats could certainly cut ties with him - and be justified in doing so - prior to the legal system running its course... (And I'm thinking the Patriots may already be second-guessing their decision to sign him.)
thehef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 04:19 PM   #93
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
ARI at BAL(-13.5) - Two TD seems like a bargain after the 59-10 win in week 1 for Baltimore. PICK: BAL
I am picking Arizona to win this outright. Baltimore was impressive last week but who did they really beat? Miami is in tank mode and barely an NFL team. I'm not impressed. Arizona is not the trash heap Miami is at the moment and the spread seems to give credit where it is not due. This game is going down to the wire and I'm thinking the Cards can pull it out. I wouldn't bet on it, but if I had to, I'd bet the Cards.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 04:57 PM   #94
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
Just off the top of my head, it seems that Colts' owner Jimmy Irsay and former Panthers' owner Jerry Richardson paid appropriate prices for their transgressions. And crossing sports, nobody can say that former Clippers' owner Donald Sterling got off easy... In fact, Richardson's price was likely moreso than a player would've paid for the same offenses.

The only point I'll agree with here is that, yes, it would be premature for the Patriots to release Brown before he gets his day in court (or before the legal system otherwise plays itself out)***. But the 49ers releasing Foster after his latest DV charge is not a case of a double-standard, nor would it be if Brown ends up being some form of guilty of sexual assault and gets released.

***That said, most agree that Brown is a selfish nut case and prone to being a distraction. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him cause additional problems that make it simply not worth the hassle, and in that scenario the Pats could certainly cut ties with him - and be justified in doing so - prior to the legal system running its course... (And I'm thinking the Patriots may already be second-guessing their decision to sign him.)
Jerry didn't get what he deserved until he got exposed. Call me skeptical in thinking the rest of the NFL had no idea he had multiple incidents that he hush-hushed. And the NFL allowed him to put the stipulation that any buyer of the team would have to keep his statue outside the stadium.

And as crazy as it sounds, I'm in the minority in thinking Sterling should have been kicked out. Is he a racist? Sure. and they could have thrown him out because of the many discrimination violations he incurred with his properties. But instead, they waited until he said some mean words in the privacy of his own home. I may despise racism, but I think a man ought to be able to say what he wants in his own house.

Irsay, Richardson & Sterling didn't get punished because of bad acts. They got punished because of bad publicity. So yeah, when public outcry gets bad enough, when the news cycle is slow, the 1% might get the "hammer" thrown at them. And what was that "hammer". Selling their teams for 10 figures. Yeah, cruel & unusual punishment there.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 09-12-2019, 05:39 PM   #95
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Jerry didn't get what he deserved until he got exposed.
Few get what they deserve before being exposed. How many are sentenced before accused, tried, and convicted? Sure, some of the rich and famous get hammered in the court of public opinion, but this applies to both athletes and owners. The higher the profile, the bigger the hammer.

Quote:
Call me skeptical in thinking the rest of the NFL had no idea he had multiple incidents that he hush-hushed. And the NFL allowed him to put the stipulation that any buyer of the team would have to keep his statue outside the stadium.
Sure. But that's a different subject and not an indication of owners being treated different than athletes. Much like racism among athletes used to be condoned, sexism by athletes has been condoned for many, many years. It's only recently changing.

Quote:
And as crazy as it sounds, I'm in the minority in thinking Sterling should have been kicked out. Is he a racist? Sure. and they could have thrown him out because of the many discrimination violations he incurred with his properties. But instead, they waited until he said some mean words in the privacy of his own home. I may despise racism, but I think a man ought to be able to say what he wants in his own house.
No argument there.

Quote:
Irsay, Richardson & Sterling didn't get punished because of bad acts. They got punished because of bad publicity. So yeah, when public outcry gets bad enough, when the news cycle is slow, the 1% might get the "hammer" thrown at them. And what was that "hammer". Selling their teams for 10 figures. Yeah, cruel & unusual punishment there.
Well, you're basically saying they got punished because they got caught. Isn't that always the case? At any rate...

- Irsay suspended for DUI
- Richardson forced to sell due to grab-azz in the corporate office
- Sterling forced to sell because of private racist statements

Are you suggesting these punishments weren't suitable? Rather than suspension, should Irsay have instead been forced to sell because of addiction and/or bad judgement behind the wheel? Should have Richardson and Sterling been forced to turn over their teams for no compensation?

And if part of your argument is that owners (and other rich) get (or can acce$$) special treatment not available to us common folk, sure. But can't the same also be said for the athlete? I can say with absolute certainty that no NFL team would put up with any of A Brown's antics if his talent level was commensurate with a 4th or 5th receiver.
thehef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:49 PM   #96
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
I am picking Arizona to win this outright. Baltimore was impressive last week but who did they really beat? Miami is in tank mode and barely an NFL team. I'm not impressed. Arizona is not the trash heap Miami is at the moment and the spread seems to give credit where it is not due. This game is going down to the wire and I'm thinking the Cards can pull it out. I wouldn't bet on it, but if I had to, I'd bet the Cards.
That sounds like wishful thinking. Baltimore is a super bowl caliber team, Arizona is working with a rookie quarterback.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:00 PM   #97
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Ouch - we're gonna miss him, he looks very promising - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...e-placed-on-ir
Yeah but it might be better for him. He is a little reckless right now. To be honest i was expecting him to get hurt at some point. Some people are overreacting. They act like the defense is screwed but he he only played one game.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 05:34 AM   #98
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
Yeah but it might be better for him. He is a little reckless right now. To be honest i was expecting him to get hurt at some point. Some people are overreacting. They act like the defense is screwed but he he only played one game.
Agreed, he does play a little on the reckless side. I'm sure with some playing time and experience he'll learn when to and when not to be reckless. We do have some depth there this year, but I like his potential. I think he can be a top 5 Safety in this league.

Big test for the D this week, be nice if we can keep it respectable.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:49 AM   #99
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

What do you do with an NFL coach that has lost 9 of their last 10?
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 09-13-2019, 08:31 AM   #100
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Rivera should be gone

They are also blatantly lying about Newton's injury status. If he was all fine then he would not have five carries for no yards over the first two games. He's always been somewhat inaccurate but now he isn't even in the same zip code most throws.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote