Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
CLancaster23
Minors (Single A)

No REAL Rosters yet?

I just wanted to confirm this. I just got OOTP2006 and was looking for a real roster set to add when I see that no one has made one just yet? I'm no pushing or anything, just want to be clear that I gotta wait with the rest of you to use real rosters. I noticed if I try to import a ootp6.5 league into '06, that for some reason I can't view my minor leagues and I even get a couple of my minor leaguers moved into the bigs and the only other roster I can see is "reserves". Also, a bunch of my ratings are messed up and some are blank (have a - where a number should be.) What does the game assume at this point. Say the player should have 80 gap power but there's a dash there instead, what happens to that gap power that he should have? Does he still hit to his ability? Is this just a flaw in the game when importing older versions of rosters?
CLancaster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLancaster23
I just wanted to confirm this. I just got OOTP2006 and was looking for a real roster set to add when I see that no one has made one just yet? I'm no pushing or anything, just want to be clear that I gotta wait with the rest of you to use real rosters. I noticed if I try to import a ootp6.5 league into '06, that for some reason I can't view my minor leagues and I even get a couple of my minor leaguers moved into the bigs and the only other roster I can see is "reserves". Also, a bunch of my ratings are messed up and some are blank (have a - where a number should be.) What does the game assume at this point. Say the player should have 80 gap power but there's a dash there instead, what happens to that gap power that he should have? Does he still hit to his ability? Is this just a flaw in the game when importing older versions of rosters?
First of all, the - means you are using SISA scouts, which don't give a full scouting report, you need to use one of your scouts to get a real number there. Second of all, no real rosters are out yet, but Cubby/Rolen's should be out by the next patch. Third of all, there are some flaws when importing 6.5 rosters, I'd wait until the real rosters come out sometime soon.

"Now all you need is a signature. A quote or initial, perhaps."

[
molarmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #3
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

what I did was use the mlb 2006 pack in this forum because that sets up the league for me and then I import the 6.5 rosters it seemed to work for me
AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:46 PM   #4
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirmenSmith
what I did was use the mlb 2006 pack in this forum because that sets up the league for me and then I import the 6.5 rosters it seemed to work for me
If you import 6.5 rosters, you will eventually get some weird stats, and some minor ratings won't import correctly.

"Now all you need is a signature. A quote or initial, perhaps."

[
molarmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:55 PM   #5
CLancaster23
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for the replies. Very helpful. Something else. Why couldn't I see my minor league rosters? Just another importing problem or am I missing something?
Old 07-02-2006, 01:59 PM   #6
sofla97
Minors (Double A)

When you set up your league did you use the "add minor league" option?
When you set up a league without adding minors you get a reserve roster. Which is useful for historical leagues.
sofla97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:03 PM   #7
CLancaster23
Minors (Single A)

OOPS.. guess I missed that option LOL.

One more question since you guys are so helpful today. When you start a league and you take a job as say a minor league manager, does the game itself decide when player needs demoted or promoted or is that totally up to you?
Old 07-02-2006, 02:12 PM   #8
sofla97
Minors (Double A)

I'm not too sure on that one. I think I read somewhere where the game was calling up the minors best players during the Sept expansion so I'm assuming the game makes those decisions.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:33 PM   #9
CLancaster23
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for the response sofla. Anyone have a definite answer to that?
Old 07-02-2006, 04:10 PM   #10
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
If you're just a minor league manager, then roster moves will be done by the AI GM.
Carplos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:52 PM   #11
CLancaster23
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofla97
When you set up your league did you use the "add minor league" option?
When you set up a league without adding minors you get a reserve roster. Which is useful for historical leagues.

I am looking right now and when I go to import my ootp6.5 league, I don't see a "add minor leagues option". Am i missing it somewhere?
Old 07-02-2006, 07:04 PM   #12
sofla97
Minors (Double A)

Bottom right on the create game screen after the import has been completed.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:07 PM   #13
CLancaster23
Minors (Single A)

I'm dumb.. found it. THANKS.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:30 PM   #14
CLancaster23
Minors (Single A)

OK Another one...

I did the minor league import deal. Now I have 11 minor league teams. The real ones (Indianapolis (AAA), Altoona (AA), Lynchburgh (A), Hickory (A), Williamsport (S A), Bradenton (R)).

I also have 5 other minor league teams in there. Any way to delete those five or totally avoid having them there when I import my roster then add the real teams there?
Old 07-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #15
sofla97
Minors (Double A)

Do you have "Major American League" checked off in the create game section?