Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:39 AM   #1
Magus978
All Star Starter

Season 17 (2035) Discussion Thread Thing

Here you go. Have fun, don't die...wait, wrong game.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:04 PM   #2
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Nobody dies in OOTP. And you can check out any time you like, but you can never lea- … no, that's wrong, too.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 02:17 PM   #3
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

And here are my Opening Day rosters. PP values in red are out of date for cards that are either locked and not on the auction house, or that have not been sold recently at all (Santana, Van Slyke).
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 02:51 PM   #4
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

My Opening Rosters this season are the most different they've been in a few seasons, due to changes over the last 6 (in-game) months....

Painter's Wife's Islanders survived their 2nd Diamond season (a year after making the Playoffs in their first ), and the All-NL/All-NeL squad have some new faces to open the season. Outgoing - RF Harper, SS Machado, 3B Turner, all sold off to bring in some cash. Incoming - More Negro League Stars, such as 1B John O'Neil, SS Ray Dandridge, SP Rube Foster, and an LR bullpen role for John Donaldson. Tony Gwynn (1987) makes a return, after a tough stint in the team way back at the start of PT '20. He starts in RF, while 3B Freddie Lindstrom from the 1928 Mets joins the infield. The pitching staff will once again be led by the inimitable Ben Sheets (2004) and Greg Maddux (1992).

The similarly placed Sannikov Land Stunners, with exactly the same experience over their first 2 Diamond seasons, are still in the middle of a refresh to their All-AL squad. 2008 Dustin Pedroia was a surprising success at 2B last year, managing an All-Star appearance, and so keeps his place, as does LF Roy White (1970), who came in mid-season to replace the outgoing Albert Belle. RF Mookie Betts (2016) is a new face, relieving the long-serving Larry Doby(1952), who moves to Outfield utility player. The biggest move of the offseason was the addition of C Ivan Rodriguez (1999), with C Yogi Berra (1956) outgoing, although a delayed transaction for Berra has left a financial shortfall to start the season. The SP rotation has the same names in a different order - Felix Hernandez (2010) moves back to No.1, while Nolan Ryan (1989) moves to the No.5 spot, where it's hoped his strikeout ability will be balanced better with his liabilities. RP Will Harris takes over again at Closer after a tough season for Jeff Russell (1989).

Finally, the start to this season of Bob's Milwaukee All-Stars suggests that the team is as annoyed at their 3rd consecutive Playoff exit as their owner - they hit 19 runs on the Opening Day, and stand at 6-0. Not much has changed, though C Ted Simmons (1977) takes the lead catching role over Del Crandall (1958). Rico Carty (1964) also returns at DH, after a season's absence, with Ryan Braun (2011) returning to LF in place of Ben Oglivie (1980). The All-Stars may well be tempted to 'phone-in' the regular season after 105 & 98 win seasons, but lead batter, RF Christian Yelich will be pushing to make sure that doesn't happen. Yelich led the team, and the league, to a second MVP award in a row with a 35 HR, 131 RBI season, and a 1.074 OPS.

(teams attached below in order of signature thanks for reading that if you did, heh)
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 07-15-2019, 03:06 PM   #5
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
Finally, the start to this season of Bob's Milwaukee All-Stars suggests that the team is as annoyed at their 3rd consecutive Playoff exit as their owner - they hit 19 runs on the Opening Day, and stand at 6-0. Not much has changed, though C Ted Simmons (1977) takes the lead catching role over Del Crandall (1958). Rico Carty (1964) also returns at DH, after a season's absence, with Ryan Braun (2011) returning to LF in place of Ben Oglivie (1980). The All-Stars may well be tempted to 'phone-in' the regular season after 105 & 98 win seasons, but lead batter, RF Christian Yelich will be pushing to make sure that doesn't happen. Yelich led the team, and the league, to a second MVP award in a row with a 35 HR, 131 RBI season, and a 1.074 OPS.

(teams attached below in order of signature thanks for reading that if you did, heh)

Pockets, I have another Brewers theme team in the division with my Brewers. He has far more diamonds, although he's not a pure Brewer theme team...

My team is the Milwaukee Brewers, his is the West Chicago Brewers (images below).
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:07 PM   #6
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

One more image to show his diamonds...
Attached Images
Old 07-15-2019, 03:10 PM   #7
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Just realized I blocked his lineups with my cursor LOL
Attached Images
Old 07-15-2019, 03:16 PM   #8
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
One more image to show his diamonds...
That's awesome We need to get a Brewer-themed Tournament when they're released
Old 07-15-2019, 04:28 PM   #9
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Infield's gone crazy!

(edit: I did actually make the effort of setting *everything* in lineups and player strategy myself this season (woo go me ), already seeing it on the bases)
Attached Images

Last edited by PocketsAintFull; 07-15-2019 at 04:31 PM.
PocketsAintFull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:52 PM   #10
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

After getting a hard knocks learning experience last week and coming to the brink of relegation, the Frogs have fixed their ballpark factors, made some subs, and are thankful just to still be in a league that starts with the letter P.

This week it's P408. It looks like a competitive and mostly wide open league.

The Frogs have started off 4-5 after meeting the whale team Kogarah Kings and the mini-dolphin team Delaware Blue Hens to start the season. The Blue Hens are quite like my Frogs, albeit with better pitching. Luckily Kogarah is not in my division. Luckily the same is true for the Maine Gems, which is the other full blown whale team in my conference.

As for my NC Central division, the aforementioned Blue Hens look tough. The other team in my division that seems tough is the Kennett Square Mushroom Caps. The Mushroom Caps have won some titles at lower levels, but have yet to hoist the Perfect trophy (god I feel smug saying that, but it's true). They sport a rotation that includes perfect Unit, Ryan Express, and Schilling among others. I also love the combination of a bunch of historical perfect batters (Brett, Bonds, Foxx, Splendid Splinter, Rajah)...and J.T. Realmuto in as the catcher. Go figure.

I've been able to upgrade the Frogs in a couple of key areas (aside from just fixing what I had broken with experimenting). Snagged 94 Rollie Fingers overnight for 19K PP and I'm pretty stoked about that. I thought for sure someone would snipe me. Especially with another copy of that Rollie being listed for 43K. I noticed that my Rollie has stats, so I may try to swap him out. Or I might just deal with it.

Also added 91 Ryan Braun to help balance out the lineup vs LHP. He should be a rather large upgrade over SE 79 Andruw Jones whom I had been training up in RF, but doesn't really fit in as a contact hitter.

I am also hoping to add another quality SP, but to do that I need someone to finally buy the 92 Greg Maddux I've had listed for the better part of 3 days now. It seems like that card has a noxious odor or something and I can't understand why no one is touching it...so if you need a 92 Maddux (it has stats to be upfront with you) please take it off of my hands.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:07 PM   #11
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Bob's boys are definitely annoyed after yesterday's DS defeat. They've hit 82 runs in the first 10 games
Old 07-15-2019, 05:09 PM   #12
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
That's awesome We need to get a Brewer-themed Tournament when they're released

No doubt!

I just added the diamond Mike Moustakas All Star card. Have no idea if it's much better than the gold card it replaced. Looks pretty similar...
Old 07-15-2019, 05:23 PM   #13
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
No doubt!

I just added the diamond Mike Moustakas All Star card. Have no idea if it's much better than the gold card it replaced. Looks pretty similar...
Yeah it didn't seem too different to me. I think the contact is a little higher right now, and at least it can't go down
Old 07-15-2019, 08:22 PM   #14
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

This week, Huntley is in P427, and it's...weird. I'm thankful we are off to a great start (actually won 9 in a row to start the season before losing 2 out of 3 to the Brooklyn Cyclones), but, yeah, this league setup is just odd. The 2 powerhouses, the aforementioned Cyclones (3 PL titles) and the Western Springs Gold Miners (6 PL titles), are somehow both in the NC East, so that will be a heck of a race. We have the only other Perfect League title in the entire league, so really, odd little P427 might be the right league for an up-and-comer to break through and win it all!

Just thought of something...how will the playoffs work? Looks like there are 2 Wild Card teams, so will the top seed play the second Wild Card, and the #2 seed play the top Wild Card, in the Division Series, skipping the Wild Card game entirely? If so, it practically guarantees that my division's winner will either play Brooklyn or Western Springs in the Division Series, and...yeah.
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:57 PM   #15
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Logged into one of my teams that had 19,500-odd points at the start of the season, hoping they had gotten to 20K so I could buy 20 packs (I like round numbers). Instead, I see that they're above 25K!

Turns out they had not one, but TWO 4-strikeout innings in the space of seven games. I guess I've set my ballpark factors really well!

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:00 PM   #16
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

I'm in one of those leagues with less than 30 teams. Plus, I'm in a conference with just 8 teams... and it looks like there's ...I guess 4 playoff spots. /8 total.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:07 PM   #17
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
I'm in one of those leagues with less than 30 teams. Plus, I'm in a conference with just 8 teams... and it looks like there's ...I guess 4 playoff spots. /8 total.
Old school conference size, new school amount of playoff places!
Old 07-15-2019, 09:38 PM   #18
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Indeed

Old 07-15-2019, 09:41 PM   #19
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
This week, Huntley is in P427, and it's...weird. I'm thankful we are off to a great start (actually won 9 in a row to start the season before losing 2 out of 3 to the Brooklyn Cyclones), but, yeah, this league setup is just odd. The 2 powerhouses, the aforementioned Cyclones (3 PL titles) and the Western Springs Gold Miners (6 PL titles), are somehow both in the NC East, so that will be a heck of a race. We have the only other Perfect League title in the entire league, so really, odd little P427 might be the right league for an up-and-comer to break through and win it all!

Just thought of something...how will the playoffs work? Looks like there are 2 Wild Card teams, so will the top seed play the second Wild Card, and the #2 seed play the top Wild Card, in the Division Series, skipping the Wild Card game entirely? If so, it practically guarantees that my division's winner will either play Brooklyn or Western Springs in the Division Series, and...yeah.
So, uh, no central divisions? lol

Good luck with the Cyclones. They were upset in the subleague series in P431 last week by the Brooklyn Dodgers--Brooklyn on Brooklyn shenanigans. Then those self-same Dodgers took down the mega-whale Collingwood Magpies for the 'ship.

Quote:
Old school conference size, new school amount of playoff places!
It's always best when old school meets new school.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:06 PM   #20
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

I didn't guarantee it or anything, but after the Dodgers defeated the Flyers, I figured they might win the next 2 series as well, as ridiculously good as the Magpies were all season...My team didn't really hit for a high average, but outside that everything went well all season except against those 2 Brooklyn teams...I didn't see how the Dodgers-Magpies series went. 6 games?