Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-13-2019, 05:28 PM   #1
Bobfather
All Star Starter

Game Out of Sync

I had played 4 games so far. After game 4 I made 2 trades (Kershaw and Ohtani). Saved, backed up and closed game. Started game today.. Game 3 is scheduled along with that games starter matchup)
, . Standings have me at 1-0 And Kershaw and Ohtani are on my roster. ( and the players I traded are not). Tried opening saved game stayed the same, restored didn't help either.

Last edited by Bobfather; 04-13-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Bobfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:39 PM   #2
dbl4868
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfather View Post
I had played 4 games so far. After game 4 I made 2 trades (Kershaw and Ohtani). Saved, backed up and closed game. Started game today.. Game 3 is scheduled along with that games starter matchup)
, . Standings have me at 1-0 And Kershaw and Ohtani are on my roster. ( and the players I traded are not). Tried opening saved game stayed the same, restored didn't help either.
I had the same issue. Played game 3 of the season, saved everything and closed out the game. When a relaunched the game it was as if game 3 was never played and I had to play game 3 again.
dbl4868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:53 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

did you happen to close the computer down immediately after saving and exitting game?

sometimes if data is still writing from cache, it can be lost when shutting down pc before it finishes writing to disk. (it happens in background even if the game closes or the 'copy' window closes when moving files around in explorer etc).

it's possible with this particular game because of the many smaller files it writes.

this would be unusual, but something to rule out. if you are both on the public beta, even less likely to be what i say. and by 'immediately' above, i mean literally pushing the power button or clicking shutdown within moments of closing the ootp app. it would be a short window of time, and in some cases windows will delay shutting down until it finishes writing data, but this setting can be over-ridden by various apps or even by hand.

an app that 'speeds up computer' or anything akin to that (aka garbage app that does nothign but cause problems, lol) sometimes changes this registry key to speed up shutdown, for example, but any data being written is lost, including very important system-related things on occasion. never ever use an app that magically speeds up your pc... just buy a new pc (just extra tidbit for fun, not an assumption)
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 12:12 AM   #4
dbl4868
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
did you happen to close the computer down immediately after saving and exitting game?

sometimes if data is still writing from cache, it can be lost when shutting down pc before it finishes writing to disk. (it happens in background even if the game closes or the 'copy' window closes when moving files around in explorer etc).

it's possible with this particular game because of the many smaller files it writes.

this would be unusual, but something to rule out. if you are both on the public beta, even less likely to be what i say. and by 'immediately' above, i mean literally pushing the power button or clicking shutdown within moments of closing the ootp app. it would be a short window of time, and in some cases windows will delay shutting down until it finishes writing data, but this setting can be over-ridden by various apps or even by hand.

an app that 'speeds up computer' or anything akin to that (aka garbage app that does nothign but cause problems, lol) sometimes changes this registry key to speed up shutdown, for example, but any data being written is lost, including very important system-related things on occasion. never ever use an app that magically speeds up your pc... just buy a new pc (just extra tidbit for fun, not an assumption)
I didn’t close the computer down.
dbl4868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 03:19 AM   #5
Bobfather
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post

I didn't shut computer down till an hour or maybe longer later. I made a small error, the game rolled back to game two for me (game 3 for my opponent so that and standings was consistent.But the trades I mad after game 4 still went through.
Bobfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:11 AM   #6
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Can you post screen shots
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:35 PM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

try to recreate it and post how you caused it to happen in bugs forum.

if you can't recreate, chalk it up to a blip... computers do make mistakes... an electron somehow doesn't do what it's supposed to etc etc... 99.999999999999% more likely to be coding (human), but.... still can happen. nothing is infallible, if made by humans, including the hardware.

2 of you experienced it though... i bet you can re-create it.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote