Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-07-2019, 03:37 PM   #1
x McLovin x
Minors (Double A)

Where is exit velocity?

Hi, if I recall correctly one of the recent patches included an update to the spray charts page to include exit velocity but I’m not seeing it anywhere. Does anyone know where I can see this?
x McLovin x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:38 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Click on the dots on the Spray Chart
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 11:57 PM   #3
seven
All Star Reserve

Or during or after a game, look at the Game Log.
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:07 PM   #4
x McLovin x
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the responses guys, that was very helpful.

Question for the developers - is there any plan to further integrate this into OOTP 20? Will there be an update which allows us to filter leaderboards for Average Exit Velocity? More importantly, is Exit Velocity really meaningful in OOTP anyway? Or is it similar to pitch velocity, in that it's basically just cosmetic and doesn't really say anything about performance/expected performance?

Thanks!
x McLovin x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:53 PM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

exit velo and angle of hit better match up to distances hit

the way stadiums work, it won't... HR will all be wrong relative to newtons of force and distance hit...

LoL

Last edited by NoOne; 04-11-2019 at 06:55 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:57 PM   #6
oldcatcher
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Location: Virginia, USA under a bridge in a van down by the river
Sorry guys, but as an old ex-catcher and long time Umpire, the exit velocity never impressed me. To me it's like "how fast was the car going that hit you" while you are laying under it...what difference does it make. He's still jogging around the bases.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:29 PM   #7
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Originally Posted by x McLovin x View Post
Thanks for the responses guys, that was very helpful.

Question for the developers - is there any plan to further integrate this into OOTP 20? Will there be an update which allows us to filter leaderboards for Average Exit Velocity? More importantly, is Exit Velocity really meaningful in OOTP anyway? Or is it similar to pitch velocity, in that it's basically just cosmetic and doesn't really say anything about performance/expected performance?

Thanks!
Pitch Velocity is not cosmetic, but just like real life, a high velocity does not guarantee success.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:14 AM   #8
Reed
All Star Starter

In another thread, Matt said exit velocity is mostly cosmetic in OOTP.
Remember ratings (contact, power, eye) along with the pitcher ratings (and luck) determine stats. I am sure real life exit velocity (as of now anyway) is NOT used to determine the power rating.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:01 AM   #9
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
In another thread, Matt said exit velocity is mostly cosmetic in OOTP.
Remember ratings (contact, power, eye) along with the pitcher ratings (and luck) determine stats. I am sure real life exit velocity (as of now anyway) is NOT used to determine the power rating.
Yes, I believe the indication has been that exit velocity is mostly (mostly!) cosmetic.
But the thing that Questdog was responding to was a mention that it might be like pitch velocity in that sense.
Like Questdog, I'm pretty sure that pitch velocity is not mostly cosmetic. It interacts in a very real way with pitch types and ratings to influence stuff ratings, at the least. It is a meaningful number, more so (at this point, anyway) than exit velocity.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote