Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 02-16-2019, 06:14 AM   #61
zappa1
All Star Starter

I agree this last park of yours is fabulous. I found myself site seeing instead of concentrating on the game being played.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:02 AM   #62
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
Lord's Cricket Ground

A baseball diamond set inside one of the most famous Test cricket grounds in the world. The 28,000-seat Lord's has stood on its current location since 1814 and is often called "The Home of Cricket." Unlike football stadiums, there is plenty of room to place a baseball field inside the existing structure - the roughly symmetrical field features a lot of foul territory and generous outfield dimensions. I opted not to add visible dugouts as I didn't want to add any "permanent" changes to the field so there are extra-long benches along the wall that serve as both dugouts and bullpen benches.

The original model is by Dave P. and can be seen here.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/o856x...round.zip/file
You dont have a .prk file with this. What are the dimension?
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:11 AM   #63
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Really great stuff here. Love he detail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2019, 03:46 PM   #64
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Continuing our tour of the International League (as well as our apparent tour of BB&T Ballparks)...

Truist Field, home of the Charlotte Knights

There wasn't anything on the 3D Warehouse for this, so it's completely done from scratch. Once again, I found myself getting caught up in a lot of the exterior details that you likely won't see in the game, but such is the way it goes.

BB&T BallPark is a sunken diamond, with the top of the grandstand roughly flush with street level. The street has a definite rise to it, which proved to be a bit of a challenge but I think I got it pretty good. But because of the park's situation, the majority of the park is ringed with nets to keep errant fly balls from getting out. Unfortunately, the nets aren't very visible in-game, but if you get close enough to all the posts around the outside of the park you'll see them.

The dragon next to the batters' eye in center belches smoke when the Knights hit a home run (well, he does in real life), and I'm particularly happy with the way the murals dedicated to the history of Charlotte ballparks along the outside wall along third base came out.

Thanks to the merger of BB&T and SunTrust, the park received a new name. I have edited things to reflect the new name, although those are merely cosmetic - the park hasn't changed structurally.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cqb3dx...Field.zip/file

You can download the BB&T branded version here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6cl9...lotte.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 02-13-2021 at 09:39 AM.
eriqjaffe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:57 PM   #65
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
You dont have a .prk file with this. What are the dimension?
Whoops! Here you go!

I've added the .prk file to the download as well.
Attached Images
Old 02-18-2019, 07:46 PM   #66
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Whoops! Here you go!

I've added the .prk file to the download as well.

Wow. Looks much better than my version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2019, 11:07 PM   #67
bradleycchurch
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Continuing our tour of the International League (as well as our apparent tour of BB&T Ballparks)...

BB&T BallPark, home of the Charlotte Knights

There wasn't anything on the 3D Warehouse for this, so it's completely done from scratch. Once again, I found myself getting caught up in a lot of the exterior details that you likely won't see in the game, but such is the way it goes.

BB&T BallPark is a sunken diamond, with the top of the grandstand roughly flush with street level. The street has a definite rise to it, which proved to be a bit of a challenge but I think I got it pretty good. But because of the park's situation, the majority of the park is ringed with nets to keep errant fly balls from getting out. Unfortunately, the nets aren't very visible in-game, but if you get close enough to all the posts around the outside of the park you'll see them.

The dragon next to the batters' eye in center belches smoke when the Knights hit a home run (well, he does in real life), and I'm particularly happy with the way the murals dedicated to the history of Charlotte ballparks along the outside wall along third base came out.

You can download it here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6cl9...lotte.zip/file

Just Incredible work! Love the International League Stadiums! Anyway you could do Durham and Gwinnett next to finish out the IL South Stadiums? BIG FAN!!
bradleycchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:20 AM   #68
zappa1
All Star Starter

Real marvey.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:11 AM   #69
drksd4848
All Star Starter

eriqjaffe:

Do you build each ballpark from scratch, or do you take a ballpark you've previously modeled and rework it into another one?
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:10 PM   #70
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
Do you build each ballpark from scratch, or do you take a ballpark you've previously modeled and rework it into another one?
The ones that aren't converted from the 3D Warehouse are all done from scratch. I use a Google Maps image to outline the field and warning track and then go from whatever pictures and other resources I can find. For Sahlen FIeld I used a model from the 3D Warehouse as a reference, although I didn't recycle any actual parts of it.

I do have a handful of textures and components that I have accumulated that I often reuse, though. I have become a big fan of textures.com and sketchuptextureclub.com as sources of free, quality seamless textures.

Surprisingly, the one thing I've been having a bit of a hard time trying to find are the wall heights, so I tend to just go by photographs. "Well, that guy's probably about 6' 2", so that means that wall is probably about 10 feet."
Old 02-27-2019, 04:33 PM   #71
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Even though I never really made a decision to do it, I guess I'm working my way through the International League after all!

Huntington Park, home of the Columbus Clippers

Another IL park built from the ground up (or, well, the ground down). A notable feature about this park is that the batters eye in center field is retractable - using a series of gears and pulleys, the batters eye raises up the 7 flagpoles in center, and then rolls back down when not in use.

Fans can also take in the game from the AEP Power Pavilion in left field, designed to be reminiscent of the rooftop seating at Wrigley Field. Pedestrians by on Nationwide Boulevard can also watch the game - for free - through the five "knotholes" in the right field fence.

The model can be downloaded here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/61bri..._Park.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 02-28-2019, 06:42 AM   #72
zappa1
All Star Starter

Real sharp, nice. Lots of thanks on this one. Thank you.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:12 PM   #73
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Excellent work on all of these! Easy question, if we replace the skyline pics with our own (to change the city) it’s as simple as that right? Is there any perameters or guidelines or even extra steps that need to be followed to make sure they work?

Sorry if this has been asked before!
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:19 PM   #74
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
Excellent work on all of these! Easy question, if we replace the skyline pics with our own (to change the city) it’s as simple as that right? Is there any perameters or guidelines or even extra steps that need to be followed to make sure they work?

Sorry if this has been asked before!
It's pretty simple - if you don't have SketchUp, you can just change out the skyline_day.png file in the textures folder. If you can find (or fake) a nighttime image that works, you can also replace the skyline_night.png file. If not, you can just delete it and the game will just use the daytime picture. Just make sure that it's the same size as the original and you should be OK.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:53 AM   #75
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's pretty simple - if you don't have SketchUp, you can just change out the skyline_day.png file in the textures folder. If you can find (or fake) a nighttime image that works, you can also replace the skyline_night.png file. If not, you can just delete it and the game will just use the daytime picture. Just make sure that it's the same size as the original and you should be OK.
Awesome, thanks for the response! Appreciate all your efforts
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:20 PM   #76
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Durham Bulls Athletic Park, home of the (wait for it) Durham Bulls

The DBAP, as it's known, was built in 1995 prior to the Bulls moving up from High-A to AAA.

All three of the visible buildings in this are 3D - the buildings in left and right are essentially extensions of the park, and it was easy enough to slap together a quick model of the Durham County Courthouse. A generic treeline fills out the remainder of the "skyline" for this park.

The bull sign that looms over the Blue Monster in left field is modeled after the sign featured in the movie "Bull Durham." The original sign (which was located in Durham Athletic Park, the precursor to the DBAP) had originally hung in the new park's concourse but currently sits in storage. The current sign is actually the second at the new park, after the first version was heavily damaged during a 2007 storm.

Download the model here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/h7q9n..._Park.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 03-07-2019, 04:51 PM   #77
ralphieboy
Major Leagues

Man, this DBAP is a thing of beauty. I was really hoping for this one too. I've been running an ongoing league with teams from North Carolina and South Carolina. I'll put this to use immediately. Thanks for all of your efforts.
ralphieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:54 PM   #78
cmaug
Major Leagues

nice!

I sumo wrestled during the 7th inning stretch at the DBAP!
cmaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:36 PM   #79
drksd4848
All Star Starter

My God... That is jaw-dropping.

Is it wrong to say that the ballparks you make are *better* than the ones that come with the game?
And I'm saying that for gratuitous "Thank You" grabbing. That is legitimately incredible. The bull, the building, the textures, etc. The detail is stunning.

Last edited by drksd4848; 03-07-2019 at 06:39 PM.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:38 AM   #80
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Obviously, my thanks goes out to you as well for these contributions and demonstration of your talents.

After reading that there are methods of alteration available, I'd like to further inquire about them. If any of these were desired to be adopted to a fictional league, but would require the removal of the names on the field or perhaps in some on the wall or signage, could that be done?