Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:23 AM   #1
imdosk
Minors (Rookie Ball)

No Perfect Points earned.

I've played several games from at some point and I won several games and hit several homers. but I don't get any points at all.
imdosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:45 AM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

you don't get points for wins i've discovered.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:20 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

You get points for achievements, not for wins.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:20 PM   #4
cit96
Bat Boy

Unhappy

What achievements? I feel like very little has been explained with the release of this beta, as I have now probably wasted a few hours sitting around for the half an hour it takes for the next game simulation to come around hoping that I would get 800 points for a win, as this was the amount I gained after my first win. Then I came back to the game having not been on it for about 12 hours and saw that I had gained some points having won a few more games, so I thought wins when you're not on Perfect Team gave you a negligible amount of points, hence the incentive for spending long periods of time on the game while doing very little. This game mode will only be particularly interesting if the gap between games is cut much shorter, as half an hour is way too long, and there isn't anything to do while you wait unless you have loads of points to burn on packs and auctions. Also, the packs are way too expensive if you only get points every now and then from an achievement. I just hope there are a lot of big changes to how the game mode functions with it's full release, speaking of which, I understand why we will lose all our progress when the full release happens, but it would be great if we could get something for taking part in the beta when the full version releases.
cit96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:45 PM   #5
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by cit96 View Post
What achievements? I feel like very little has been explained with the release of this beta, as I have now probably wasted a few hours sitting around for the half an hour it takes for the next game simulation to come around hoping that I would get 800 points for a win, as this was the amount I gained after my first win. Then I came back to the game having not been on it for about 12 hours and saw that I had gained some points having won a few more games, so I thought wins when you're not on Perfect Team gave you a negligible amount of points, hence the incentive for spending long periods of time on the game while doing very little. This game mode will only be particularly interesting if the gap between games is cut much shorter, as half an hour is way too long, and there isn't anything to do while you wait unless you have loads of points to burn on packs and auctions. Also, the packs are way too expensive if you only get points every now and then from an achievement. I just hope there are a lot of big changes to how the game mode functions with it's full release, speaking of which, I understand why we will lose all our progress when the full release happens, but it would be great if we could get something for taking part in the beta when the full version releases.
You get a ton of points for the firsts of a season. Of course these can only be earned once.

You can see how you earned your points on the Perfect Team Home screen. Or from the Acheivements and Trophies menu option under Main.

There is a topic in the Perfect Team forum that has Achievements in the title where folks are keeping track of the various Achievements.

Points for wins, especially 800 points, is extreme. I am one of the worst teams in the league but at 800 points a win I would have already gotten 20,800 points or 20 packs worth in less than 48 hours.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:49 PM   #6
zrog2000
All Star Starter

I'd be happy with 10 points for a win, just to get something in the middle of a 10 game stretch with 0 points. As it is now, I'd prefer PP to wins because of it.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:14 PM   #7
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Two things:

Quote:
This game mode will only be particularly interesting if the gap between games is cut much shorter, as half an hour is way too long, and there isn't anything to do while you wait unless you have loads of points to burn on packs and auctions.
I think they've hit the nail on the head with the sim times here. This isn't a mode that you're meant to sit down and play for hours on end; it's more like an online league where you set up your team, leave and let it sim, then come back and make adjustments. If I set my lineup today, go about my business, and come back at this time tomorrow, a few weeks of in-game time will have elapsed. Decrease the amount of time between sims and suddenly you're missing months at a time if you don't log on every day. No thank you.

Quote:
Also, the packs are way too expensive if you only get points every now and then from an achievement.
There probably can and will be some tweaks to how you earn PP moving forward, but I think "way too expensive" is a vast overreaction. I've been playing this game for two days now (obviously), and here's what I've done to get packs:

- Opened my starter packs and set my team, and used the starting 1000 PP for another pack.
- Auctioned off a Silver player from my initial pulls that I didn't need for 1000 PP (he sold high, so I got a little lucky here), and bought another pack with it.
- Got ~1000 PP from all the "first time" achievements for another pack.
- Sold a bunch of Iron cards and auctioned a few Bronze/Silver, giving me enough PP to target and pick up some cards on the AH (snagged an underrated Lou Brock for 400 PP)
- Got lucky with a comeback win that gave me about 600 PP for one game, and bought a pack with my overall achievement earnings.
- Pulled a Gold Javier Baez which is currently on the market, that I'm expecting to get a couple thousand PP for, which will net me more packs.

That's two days. I think I'm chugging along pretty well, and I've never pulled a Diamond or Perfect, or spent more than 1000 PP at a time.

Last edited by Fyrestorm3; 11-04-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote