Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-12-2017, 08:33 AM   #21
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

30 w/ 5 levels... and we have box scores

http://home.jazzrack.us/ootp/wiki/al..._box_2285.html

running a 36 w/5 now

we'll find the sweet spot someplace

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:21 AM   #22
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrack View Post
30 w/ 5 levels... and we have box scores

http://home.jazzrack.us/ootp/wiki/al..._box_2285.html

running a 36 w/5 now

we'll find the sweet spot someplace
I don't think so... my league that I started this thread based upon was 32 w/3 levels... pretty darn close to what you've got. And I've done testing with as many as 32/3 and as few as 4/0, and I don't get box scores on any of them. None.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:12 PM   #23
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Box Scores - My Workaround...

I have reported 'Box Score not found' since OOTP14 or so. Since then I have done this workaround:

Every December 31st, I move from \year\news\html the boxscores folder contents and the gamelogs folder contents to \almanac\year\news\html\boxscores and gamelogs folders

I gave the great OOTP crew a suggestion years ago of applying a 'scheme' to naming the game logs based on yyddmm_vis_at_home_g1 (g2 if doubleheader)
Old 05-12-2017, 04:21 PM   #24
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by david limbaugh View Post
I have reported 'Box Score not found' since OOTP14 or so. Since then I have done this workaround:

Every December 31st, I move from \year\news\html the boxscores folder contents and the gamelogs folder contents to \almanac\year\news\html\boxscores and gamelogs folders

I gave the great OOTP crew a suggestion years ago of applying a 'scheme' to naming the game logs based on yyddmm_vis_at_home_g1 (g2 if doubleheader)
Yes, this is the workaround I mentioned in a previous post. But sometimes I forget and when I forget.... no boxscores for that year because there is no way to go back and get them.

I wish this would get fixed.

ADDED: You have to do the same thing for game logs if you want the game logs (which I do).

Last edited by OldFatGuy; 05-12-2017 at 04:22 PM.
OldFatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:58 PM   #25
Elektranaut
Major Leagues

Oh for a BASEBALL INDEX .......my prayers would be answered
Elektranaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:38 AM   #26
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
Yes, this is the workaround I mentioned in a previous post. But sometimes I forget and when I forget.... no boxscores for that year because there is no way to go back and get them.

I wish this would get fixed.

ADDED: You have to do the same thing for game logs if you want the game logs (which I do).
The reason I do this on December 31st. I used to wait until pre-season begins but I would forget sometime. To always remember, I fast forward to December 31, I have a batch file on my desk top that moves the box scores and game logs to a temporary folder and I then go to January, almanac is created, and I manually move the box scores and game logs in to the almanac.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:41 PM   #27
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think so... my league that I started this thread based upon was 32 w/3 levels... pretty darn close to what you've got. And I've done testing with as many as 32/3 and as few as 4/0, and I don't get box scores on any of them. None.
so far it's the only clue my testing has given me. maybe it's computer dependent. the computer running the tests is a quad core w 6gigs of ram, maybe I would get different results if I ran it on my 8 core 16 gig machine. all I can do is run tests to narrow parameters. otherwise it will never get fixed.

an I obviously believe in you, or I wouldn't be spending hours, and loads of hard-drive space on my home server, doing all this

36 w/5 copied box scores

http://home.jjust.us/ootp/wiki/alman...box_13965.html

so did 40 w/5 (still being copied over)

http://home.jjust.us/ootp/wiki/alman..._100_home.html

why are all these league creating box scores while my slightly larger imported league didn't.. I have no clue, I can only keep running tests until I come across something to kick upstairs. obviously if we want this testing done we have to do it ourselves

Old 05-13-2017, 06:54 PM   #28
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
so far it's the only clue my testing has given me. maybe it's computer dependent. the computer running the tests is a quad core w 6gigs of ram, maybe I would get different results if I ran it on my 8 core 16 gig machine. all I can do is run tests to narrow parameters. otherwise it will never get fixed.

an I obviously believe in you, or I wouldn't be spending hours, and loads of hard-drive space on my home server, doing all this

36 w/5 copied box scores

http://home.jjust.us/ootp/wiki/alman...box_13965.html

so did 40 w/5 (still being copied over)

http://home.jjust.us/ootp/wiki/alman..._100_home.html

why are all these league creating box scores while my slightly larger imported league didn't.. I have no clue, I can only keep running tests until I come across something to kick upstairs. obviously if we want this testing done we have to do it ourselves
I do appreciate what you're doing very much. I hope I didn't sound unappreciative, it wasn't my intent.

I just say I don't think it's size related because I don't get box scores no matter size league I create. From 4 teams to 40 it doesn't matter... no box scores. And if I read those posts in that link that endgame provided correctly, I don't think size was an issue there either. A lot of people are having this issue.

The fact that it is creating box scores for you on so many makes me come back to the feeling that it has something to do with installation directory. Because for me, not matter what size universe I have, I get no box scores. But for you, for most leagues you create, you do get box scores (am I understanding correctly that it was just the one league that you got that didn't???). And I installed my game to the D drive while yours is installed to the default drive.

I would uninstall and reinstall mine to test but I'm afraid of monkeying around and losing one of my licenses somehow. (I'm not very computer intelligent. Well, okay, I'm not very intelligent period. )
Old 05-13-2017, 10:25 PM   #29
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I do appreciate what you're doing very much. I hope I didn't sound unappreciative, it wasn't my intent.

I just say I don't think it's size related because I don't get box scores no matter size league I create. From 4 teams to 40 it doesn't matter... no box scores. And if I read those posts in that link that endgame provided correctly, I don't think size was an issue there either. A lot of people are having this issue.

The fact that it is creating box scores for you on so many makes me come back to the feeling that it has something to do with installation directory. Because for me, not matter what size universe I have, I get no box scores. But for you, for most leagues you create, you do get box scores (am I understanding correctly that it was just the one league that you got that didn't???). And I installed my game to the D drive while yours is installed to the default drive.

I would uninstall and reinstall mine to test but I'm afraid of monkeying around and losing one of my licenses somehow. (I'm not very computer intelligent. Well, okay, I'm not very intelligent period. )
I apologize if I came across ... testy. My better half has reminded me that my new medication acts like an upper & I am not sleeping well, and under those conditions I can enter donkey territory. (gotta love a woman who can tell you to quit being a jerk and you feel thankful for it)

anyway, what is your installation setup again? I can probably replicate it here.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:49 PM   #30
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
I apologize if I came across ... testy. My better half has reminded me that my new medication acts like an upper & I am not sleeping well, and under those conditions I can enter donkey territory. (gotta love a woman who can tell you to quit being a jerk and you feel thankful for it)

anyway, what is your installation setup again? I can probably replicate it here.
Well, mine is installed on my D drive. I think I should be okay if I just unlicense it first, then uninstall it, then reinstall it in the default directory and see if that's it. Like I said above, I "seem" to remember Markus saying something about that.... but my memory is completely unreliable anymore so at the very least if I do this and still don't get box scores we can rule that out.

I should ask all of those other guys that aren't getting box scores either whether or not theirs is installed in the default drive/directory or whether they set up a custom installation.

Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and do that tonight and see if that makes any difference. Like I said, I don't get box scores for any of my leagues. I tested the other day literally from 4 to 40 teams, and none of them generated box scores (or game logs... same as David Limbaugh above). I always have to manually copy box scores and game logs from the saved game folder to the almanac folder in order to have box scores. Been this way since OOTP8. But it's also always been true that I've installed the game to a custom drive/directory since OOTP 8. So that could still be the culprit.

I'll post tomorrow what happens with my testing. Now that I'm thinking about it more, I'm getting more convinced my memory is wrong again and this isn't the culprit. But only way to find out for sure is to try it I guess... so here goes.

Oh, and you weren't being "testy" or anything. It's all good.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:21 PM   #31
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Yeah, my memory was wrong again. I unlicensed the game, uninstalled it, reinstalled it to the default drive/directory, and re-licensed it.

I only did two leagues but that was enough. NO BOX SCORES again. I'm not going to waste any more of my time testing.

The game will simply not put the box scores in the almanac folder. Or game logs. The almanac function is broken.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:55 PM   #32
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

have not abandoned this, just got busy. I'll try and get a test in tonight but it may be another day or so

Old 05-17-2017, 07:35 AM   #33
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

So I see No Almanac Fix in New Patch

Is it ever going to be fixed so the almanac includes box scores and game logs?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=278182

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...34&postcount=1

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...47&postcount=3

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...9&postcount=23

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...8&postcount=10
Old 05-17-2017, 01:11 PM   #34
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Bump
Old 05-17-2017, 02:49 PM   #35
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

First off, bumping your own thread only about 4-5 hours after posting it doesn't help get an answer any faster

As for the actual issue, it does seem like most people have box scores/game logs, so there must be something going on that's affecting things. So to figure this out, let's verify some things that are happening for you when you generate almanacs. Please verify all the following the moment you try generating almanacs.

1. Verify that you have box scores. In the saved_games/news/html/box_scores/ directory, please verify that you have files there. You can open them in-game, so they should be there, but doesn't hurt to double check the actual files are there.
2. When generating the almanac, please double check what files the almanac tries to generate. In the import_export folder, there should be a file called "reports_set_season_almanac_files.txt". Please check in that file that you have lines that appear like "e game_box_187.html".
3. Next, double check the actual almanac directory to see if the box scores did get copied or not. In the "news/almanac_20xx" folder, please say if you have a box_scores folder or not, and whether that contains files. The link doesn't seem to work for you, but let's verify if there are actually files there.

Going through these steps should help narrow down to where the problem might be.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:24 PM   #36
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
First off, bumping your own thread only about 4-5 hours after posting it doesn't help get an answer any faster

As for the actual issue, it does seem like most people have box scores/game logs, so there must be something going on that's affecting things. So to figure this out, let's verify some things that are happening for you when you generate almanacs. Please verify all the following the moment you try generating almanacs.

1. Verify that you have box scores. In the saved_games/news/html/box_scores/ directory, please verify that you have files there. You can open them in-game, so they should be there, but doesn't hurt to double check the actual files are there.
2. When generating the almanac, please double check what files the almanac tries to generate. In the import_export folder, there should be a file called "reports_set_season_almanac_files.txt". Please check in that file that you have lines that appear like "e game_box_187.html".
3. Next, double check the actual almanac directory to see if the box scores did get copied or not. In the "news/almanac_20xx" folder, please say if you have a box_scores folder or not, and whether that contains files. The link doesn't seem to work for you, but let's verify if there are actually files there.

Going through these steps should help narrow down to where the problem might be.
First off, I'm sorry, but I noticed the "powers that be" were hanging around today (not so lately) and mine was falling way down the list and it would really be nice to at least get an explanation. Again, sorry if that's bothered you. Wasn't my intention at all.

And you say most people have box scores. How do you know this? I've seen more people reply that they don't then that they do. Are you assuming because there isn't a lot more people complaining that they are indeed getting box scores? Maybe they're not even generating an almanac. Or maybe if/when they do, they never bothered to look for a box score (or game log). What I know is that in this week during the conversation I've only seen two posts (2 1/2 counting JazzRack who did but also didn't) have box scores in their almanac and about 5 (other than me) who didn't.

1) Yes, I have box scores in that directory. As I stated above, ever since OOTP8 my workaround is to copy the box scores from that folder and put them into the almanac box scores folder. Same with game logs.

2. There are a few. Again, as stated above, often the almanac will a very few box scores, usually from the end of the season. This one appears to have a few as well. (see screenshot) ADDED IN EDIT: The screen shot shows the actual almanac/box scores directory, not the text file. But yes, that text file had a few "e game_box_187.html" lines it it. I'll get a screenshot of that if I can (they were spread out a bit).

3. Again as stated above in this thread (sorry), I've looked in that folder every time I've run an almanac since OOTP8 because it's always empty or only has a few box scores. My workaround is to manually copy the box scores from the saved game box scores folder to the almanac box scores folder.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by OldFatGuy; 05-17-2017 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #37
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Oh, screenshots of my settings in case you ask.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-17-2017, 03:37 PM   #38
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

As you can see from these screen shots. No box score in almanac. But box scores (and game logs) are just fine and dandy and where they're supposed to be in game.

Been this way since OOTP8. I reported several times but haven't in the past, I dunno, 5 versions or so. Mr. Limbaugh (above) says he's been reporting it since OOTP14.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 05-17-2017, 04:09 PM   #39
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

The fact that you don't see the files in the list explains the problem. Digging into this a bit more, I think there's a (hidden) setting for how far back the boxscores should load from.

On the almanac page in the settings, can you please try loading either of the profiles listed (complete, or box+logs), and then try again? Digging through the code, I think that might reset that variable and the box scores should then load properly. Without doing that, I think it ends up defaulting to what is generally used for online leagues, which is only grabbing box scores from the last week.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:18 PM   #40
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
The fact that you don't see the files in the list explains the problem. Digging into this a bit more, I think there's a (hidden) setting for how far back the boxscores should load from.

On the almanac page in the settings, can you please try loading either of the profiles listed (complete, or box+logs), and then try again? Digging through the code, I think that might reset that variable and the box scores should then load properly. Without doing that, I think it ends up defaulting to what is generally used for online leagues, which is only grabbing box scores from the last week.
I would be happy too...... except I don't understand. Could you help me?

The only thing I'm seeing close to this is next to "Toggle Report Level"
where there is no splits/less files and complete files. And that does default to the online league option but I do always toggle it to complete. So I'm guessing you mean something else but I'm having a hard time finding it. (sorry). Can you help me?

EDIT: OKAY, I found it. It's on the first page before you get to the page I was looking at. Sorry. My bad.

Last edited by OldFatGuy; 05-17-2017 at 04:20 PM.