Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:08 PM   #81
CarolinaSoxfan
Minors (Triple A)

I can't find the thread that has all the uniforms for the Negro League teams. They were great. I did a search and still no luck. Anyone have a link? Thanks
CarolinaSoxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:40 PM   #82
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamee999 View Post
So we seriously can't use Negro Leaguers as part of a random debut DB?
Yes you can, but you have to import them from the minor league database into your league using the "Import Historical Player(s)" tool via commish mode.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:02 AM   #83
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaSoxfan View Post
I can't find the thread that has all the uniforms for the Negro League teams. They were great. I did a search and still no luck. Anyone have a link? Thanks
Txranger made some nice ones.
Search his thread for them.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...=negro+leagues
No Pepper has the official ones.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=162731
link doesnt work. i can upload it tomorrow for download, but contact No Pepper 1st. i posted in the thread.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:41 AM   #84
4maddux_cy's
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Yes you can, but you have to import them from the minor league database into your league using the "Import Historical Player(s)" tool via commish mode.
This would require importing each individually? Also, when importing a player does that player go into a future draft or are they instantly available to the free agent pool?
4maddux_cy's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:06 AM   #85
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4maddux_cy's View Post
This would require importing each individually? Also, when importing a player does that player go into a future draft or are they instantly available to the free agent pool?
I believe Bigrod put out a tool that allows for batch importing of historical players. Check this thread here for more details. I've never used it, so I can't speak to its effectiveness. You can also create a text file outside the game and batch import players that way. The "Available Actions" box where the "Import Historical Player(s)" tool is in game is located both on the free agents page and on the draft pool page (only available between the time the draft pool is announced and the actual draft itself obviously), so players can be imported as free agents or to go into the draft - it's up to you.

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-23-2017 at 01:08 AM.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:13 AM   #86
cepwin
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnBTVS View Post
Just a heads up for anybody who's interested. I unchecked 'color barrier' around 1889 in my Historical League sim through (started it in 1871).

Louis Santop entered the 1909 Draft and was selected in Round 3 at age 21. Oscar Charleston appeared in the 1914 Draft at age 20.

So I'm hopeful for names like Satchel Paige, Josh Gibson, etc. later on although I don't know lesser names but Santop's the earliest I've recognized thus far.
What screen is the "disable color barrier" on? I can't seem to find it.
Tnx!!!

Never mind..I found it...it's in the advanced options..

Last edited by cepwin; 03-23-2017 at 05:15 AM. Reason: found the answer
cepwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:23 AM   #87
sprague
All Star Starter

Been discussing some things with Lucus in PM,
to me is seems the negro players are coming in a bit low rated compared to the MLB counterparts. Satchel Paige in the 1930's is awful.
Seems like there is either a glitch where the game gives the players too big a hit on stats due to the low level of AB or IP they have for seasons, or the game gives too big of a "qualifier" hit on what it values as a minor league and drops what are very good stats too low to AAA values.

Once that gets sorted out and a way found to bring the players with more realistic stats... then OOTP is getting somewhere historically.
Next we just need to be able to run the draft in a historical league without the need for the minors set up, that we can set up expand or have what ever minors we want and still have all the minor-negro players.
But one step at a time.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:12 PM   #88
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
to me is seems the negro players are coming in a bit low rated compared to the MLB counterparts. Satchel Paige in the 1930's is awful.
Seems like there is either a glitch where the game gives the players too big a hit on stats due to the low level of AB or IP they have for seasons, or the game gives too big of a "qualifier" hit on what it values as a minor league and drops what are very good stats too low to AAA values.

Once that gets sorted out and a way found to bring the players with more realistic stats... then OOTP is getting somewhere historically.
Next we just need to be able to run the draft in a historical league without the need for the minors set up, that we can set up expand or have what ever minors we want and still have all the minor-negro players.
But one step at a time.
Yes, yes, and yes.
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:13 PM   #89
Jamee999
All Star Reserve

Quote:

But one step at a time.
Seems like this feature got released before it was ready for prime time. Hopefully it can get patched.
Jamee999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:16 PM   #90
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamee999 View Post
Seems like this feature got released before it was ready for prime time. Hopefully it can get patched.
We're always looking at improving features in patches based on feedback we get.

If we waited till a feature was 100% perfect before releasing it though, we'd never be able to add anything

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:17 PM   #91
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
The Spritze database has no minor leagues nor negro leagues. It puts everyone at the major league level using a bunch of formulas to alter all stats to MLE's.

If the OOTP MiLB and MLB databases were altered in the same way to create a third MLE database then YES I think that would work for everyone.

You would need the game to be able to use that new database as a user chooseable default as a MLB replacement.
Two questions, Sir Spritze: 1) Where can one acquire your database in a format suitable to OOTP18? and 2) Would you ever consider making a Spritze-style DB that has all of the MiLBers and Negro Leaguers now included in the game? [I would love to have all those guys in the game with a DB that could be used in a modified universe of leagues.] Thanks.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:10 PM   #92
Noname112
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Hey guys, I can understand you might be disappointed, but this isn't something we ever promised as a feature.

You're basically looking for an entirely new game mode that would be a massive new feature in and of itself.

Who knows, we might eventually be able to make it happen (though there are no promises) but we've had enough on our plates just getting the historical minors and Negro Leagues into the game at all over just two versions. That's taken an enormous amount of work, and been a big task on its own.

We'll surely keep making tweaks and adding historical minors and Negro League related features and improving them over time, but we had to start somewhere.
Oh don't get me wrong the game is great either way. The more I think about it the more I realize that a color barrier might not even be possible for a fictional league.
Noname112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:48 PM   #93
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by risp2out View Post
Two questions, Sir Spritze: 1) Where can one acquire your database in a format suitable to OOTP18? The old one works and 2) Would you ever consider making a Spritze-style DB that has all of the MiLBers and Negro Leaguers now included in the game? Yes [I would love to have all those guys in the game with a DB that could be used in a modified universe of leagues.] Thanks.
I may release another Spritze db in a couple of months. I won't start on it until OOTP18 is down for a nap.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:24 PM   #94
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I may release another Spritze db in a couple of months. I won't start on it until OOTP18 is down for a nap.
You sir...Are awesome.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:15 PM   #95
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

How do you turn the color barrier off? I've seen the option being discussed but haven't been able to find it.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:24 PM   #96
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
I would assume the db fro 17 should work.
I like it.i just have to modify a few players, mostly pitchers to my liking.i was going to fire it upon the weekend and test it out.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:43 PM   #97
cepwin
Minors (Rookie Ball)

When you're creating an historical game (league) one of the *advanced* options has that setting
cepwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:51 PM   #98
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Is it just me or are you finding negro league players rated very low...
take satchel paige

1932 actual ratings on edit page 115 22 67
Imported him as 1931 49 22 35

He should be on par with top players in the majors
His potential is the same, while a guy named Harry Salmon with only a few years left has superb potential ratings.

How about mule suttles
1932 is a .235 batter

Just looking around for one year. Just not what I was expecting.
Satchel performs the way you would want though: I immediately played a 1933 historical league, traded Carl Hubbel and some cash to the Birmingham Black Barons and he was on my MLB Brooklyn team. He ended up winning 26 games, and was second in the league in ERA to Lefty Grove. So he performs like Satchel Paige, not like a minor leaguer.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:16 PM   #99
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Very cool. In the meantime, where can get a hold of the "old one"?
Old 03-23-2017, 06:19 PM   #100
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risp2out View Post
Very cool. In the meantime, where can get a hold of the "old one"?
Right here. Follow the link.