Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:52 PM   #21
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Ah yes, but I play random debut historicals, and as I understand it, you can only use the major league database with that. At least that was the case with OOTP17 as I understand it. I want to know if I can use the "Import Historical Player(s)" tool and hook it up to the minor league database and select who to bring in to my league as it progresses.
on the import historical player page, there is a box to include the minor league database into the search for players. So if you check that box, i think it will auto do what you are asking.
(i used it in beta to bring in a variety of minor leaguers and Negro League players from different eras as a test. Worked good. Only issue is, the Negro Leaguers often have strange player IDs. Markus said in the official build there will be a file in stats folder to find those player Ids. but it's not there just yet.)
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #22
RMc
All Star Starter

Quote:
Something I'd really like to see is the ability to set up a league in whatever configuration you like and have the historical MLB, MiLB, and Negro League players available year-by-year in the draft pool or as free agents. I love playing with historical players and statistics but with reconfigured leagues and teams. The new historical minor league and, now, Negro League players are too chained to the historical league/team configurations. I sounds like importing minor leaguers is possible, but it has to be done one-by-one, right? That sounds overwhelming.
This. I asked this several times over the winter and never got a straight answer. I'd like to begin a historical league in, say, 1935, and have ALL players available: major, minor and negro, to play in a reconfigured league(s). Looks like this isn't possible.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:29 PM   #23
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
on the import historical player page, there is a box to include the minor league database into the search for players. So if you check that box, i think it will auto do what you are asking.
(i used it in beta to bring in a variety of minor leaguers and Negro League players from different eras as a test. Worked good. Only issue is, the Negro Leaguers often have strange player IDs. Markus said in the official build there will be a file in stats folder to find those player Ids. but it's not there just yet.)
What I'm looking to do is bring in a couple of players every year from the minor league database (Negro Leaguers, PCL players, ***, KBO, Chinese Taipei guys - whatever's in there) and put them in the draft pool using the import historical player function. I know there are some weird player IDs. I've seen some in the old Spritze databases. As I expand my league, that will grow to a handful every year. The trouble with the weird player IDs is that I've never been able to drag stats in with the players when they deviate from the standard Lahman code (first five letters of last name, first two letters of first name, two digit code: e.g. Oscar Charleston = charlos00). So I get the player, but no real life stats tab in the player card. That may have been solved or it may have been unique to the Spritze databases, I'm not sure. Did you try bringing them into the draft pool or just as free agents? It should be the same regardless because the import tool is present on both pages. Thanks for your time.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:35 PM   #24
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Here is one to get you by. ID's match the historical db id's but not necessarily Seamheads nor BBref.
Attached Files
File Type: csv NegroLeaguePlayerList.csv (198.5 KB, 204 views)

Last edited by Spritze; 03-21-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:03 PM   #25
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMc View Post
This. I asked this several times over the winter and never got a straight answer. I'd like to begin a historical league in, say, 1935, and have ALL players available: major, minor and negro, to play in a reconfigured league(s). Looks like this isn't possible.
Right. I think you and I want the same experience. Essentially, I want those databases to feed the world, but I don't want the leagues and teams, especially all the chaos of changing affiliations every year and such that you must endure in order to have the historical minor league players in your game.
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:13 PM   #26
alkeiper
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by risp2out View Post
Something I'd really like to see is the ability to set up a league in whatever configuration you like and have the historical MLB, MiLB, and Negro League players available year-by-year in the draft pool or as free agents. I love playing with historical players and statistics but with reconfigured leagues and teams. The new historical minor league and, now, Negro League players are too chained to the historical league/team configurations. I sounds like importing minor leaguers is possible, but it has to be done one-by-one, right? That sounds overwhelming.
You can create text files with a list of names.
alkeiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:16 PM   #27
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkeiper View Post
You can create text files with a list of names.
It sounds overwhelming, but if there's an easy way to import everyone who debuted in a particular year, maybe it's do-able. Above my pay grade without a serious "For Dummies" kind of how-to guide, though.
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:35 PM   #28
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

Just a heads up for anybody who's interested. I unchecked 'color barrier' around 1889 in my Historical League sim through (started it in 1871).

Louis Santop entered the 1909 Draft and was selected in Round 3 at age 21. Oscar Charleston appeared in the 1914 Draft at age 20.

So I'm hopeful for names like Satchel Paige, Josh Gibson, etc. later on although I don't know lesser names but Santop's the earliest I've recognized thus far.
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:52 PM   #29
alkeiper
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by risp2out View Post
It sounds overwhelming, but if there's an easy way to import everyone who debuted in a particular year, maybe it's do-able. Above my pay grade without a serious "For Dummies" kind of how-to guide, though.
Baseball-reference.com has a bit of a hack on the player IDs. Go to a negro league team page like this one:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/re...gi?id=9d76ec8d

Notice over "player batting" there's a button that says "share and more." You can use that to get what is called a CSV table. You copy and paste that into Excel, and from there you can use the text to column option to separate the player IDs into a separate column. Add ",1924" to each ID and you've got a team!
Old 03-21-2017, 12:33 AM   #30
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Generally OOTP does not use most BBref ID's so this likely will not work.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:58 AM   #31
alkeiper
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Generally OOTP does not use most BBref ID's so this likely will not work.
So far for me they have been the ones that worked. I can't vouch for that 100% of course.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:33 AM   #32
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
You can't have a WBC team with negros and one with whites only during segregation?

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:35 AM   #33
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkeiper View Post
So far for me they have been the ones that worked. I can't vouch for that 100% of course.
Some may, some may not, work. There is a list posted above, ALL those will work.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:06 AM   #34
Chomps
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack View Post
Facegen for Negro Leagues?
Is anyone working on a Facegen pack for the Negro League's? I imagine it is quite a difficult process collecting photos from that era that are of good enough quality to create Facegens.
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:33 AM   #35
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnBTVS View Post
Just a heads up for anybody who's interested. I unchecked 'color barrier' around 1889 in my Historical League sim through (started it in 1871).

Louis Santop entered the 1909 Draft and was selected in Round 3 at age 21. Oscar Charleston appeared in the 1914 Draft at age 20.

So I'm hopeful for names like Satchel Paige, Josh Gibson, etc. later on although I don't know lesser names but Santop's the earliest I've recognized thus far.

Did Rube Foster show up? Would have been 1901 or 1902.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:57 AM   #36
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Rube Foster should appear in 1902 and in real life retires in1911. his player ID is:
foster002rub
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen

Old 03-21-2017, 12:09 PM   #37
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Spritze, won't your High School DB for OOTP17 achieve what everybody is asking for? It has Minor Leagues, Negro Leagues and Japanese Leagues.
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:19 PM   #38
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
He did not apparently but his Cuban Giants teammate, Pete Hill, did and was taken 4th overall in the 1903 MLB Draft.

Pop Lloyd appeared in the 1905 MLB Draft taken Round 2, 6th Overall. Note that he appeared as John Henry 'Pop' Lloyd.

EDIT: "Bullet" Joe Rogan just appeared in the 1919 MLB Draft, same for Turkey Stearnes.

Last edited by DawnBTVS; 03-21-2017 at 12:22 PM.
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:38 PM   #39
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
deleted

Last edited by sdw1000; 03-23-2017 at 04:18 PM.
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:47 PM   #40
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

did you click to "import and maintain real minor leagues"? as well as "Auto Expand league"? in your game set-up? This is a must to get real minor leagues to appear in the years they actually did appear and have affiliations to major league teams as in real life.
Did you allow the game to create it's own minor leagues from league functions (add minor/feeder leagues)?
If you did the last one, it won't use real historical minors.
Real historical minors don't appear until 1919. (That would be just the Texas League). Negro Leagues appear in 1920 and vanish in 1948 after Jackie Robinson breaks into major league ball, not the minors with Montreal in '47.