Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-19-2017, 04:42 AM   #41
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobeck View Post
I could see a draft where top drafts day 1
next level down day 2
excetra
I've always thought that a draft for a P/R league would work by having the team that came last in the bottom division go first and then going in reverse order through the leagues.

And a separate question, how do minor leagues work with a P/R system?

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 04:45 AM   #42
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullmanuga View Post
I want to take the MLB teams, AAA, AA, A, and R teams and do P/R that way. I am going to put all of the various levels in one league per, and delete the teams (like my Braves) that have duplicate names. Nobody will have a minor league, just a reserve roster.

I am hoping that it will be easy to enable financials for the lower level teams. I just tried to do a preliminary setup in OOTP17 but I would have had to put in my own financial settings for the lower leagues as they stood.

In OOTP18 I plan on magically giving promoted teams more seats so they can take advantage of the level they're on. I'm thinking 30 or 35k if they get promoted to MLB.

Setting no draft might be a good idea so teams can sign whoever and the best players should go to the top teams.

Does soccer have safeguards for teams that were promoted? Could a team yo yo back and forth between levels every season or does a champion fri=om a lower league get a grace period before they're relegated?
Mostly they can yo-yo. Certain teams in England are (inf)famous for doing so. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a league somewhere that protects newly promoted teams though.

Old 03-19-2017, 11:17 AM   #43
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
I've always thought that a draft for a P/R league would work by having the team that came last in the bottom division go first and then going in reverse order through the leagues.

I'm thinking that even if they stay where they are when the parent club moves you could just manually move them.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:26 AM   #44
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
I'm thinking that even if they stay where they are when the parent club moves you could just manually move them.
The other option is that the whole system has one minor league setup, so the minor league teams don't need to move anywhere.

Old 03-19-2017, 01:03 PM   #45
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The other option is that the whole system has one minor league setup, so the minor league teams don't need to move anywhere.
This is what I'm thinking.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:04 PM   #46
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Some more information is available here:

OOTP 18 Manual:Promotion/Relegation

Doesn't mention anything regarding minor league teams and if they would move along with the parent clubs though.
Many, many, many thanks for this!
Old 03-19-2017, 01:32 PM   #47
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Many, many, many thanks for this!

I been poking around in this to see any hints on game got tired lacking info LOL
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:41 PM   #48
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Absolutely, I was pretty excited when I came across it and had to share! The section on Tournaments is enlightening as well.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:42 PM   #49
Kobeck
Major Leagues

Quote:

from a fairness point I agree, but I doubt the big boys would allow the lower levels to get the best talent in that way.

I cant see this working without reserve rosters.

would be nice if reserve players could be loaned out... baby steps I guess

also like the idea of a Baseball Cup. Just leave Mondays open on the schedule and it would work out fine.
Kobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:43 PM   #50
Kobeck
Major Leagues

Quote:

I could see that. A reserve league for the top level teams
Old 03-19-2017, 11:09 PM   #51
chuy1530
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

Hopefully there are multiple options for the draft. Either only have the top league draft (but lower the number of rounds so the bottom leagues gets some talent too) or have the whole system do the draft like you suggested. I wish they'd give us some more info about how exactly all that can work but I guess we'll find out tomorrow!
chuy1530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:35 AM   #52
andyhdz
All Star Starter

tournaments looks sweet!
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:01 AM   #53
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobeck View Post
I cant see this working without reserve rosters.
Curious why you think that? I think my idea of moving the minor league teams up or down along with the parent club should work fine.

I've spent a lot of time on my minor leagues getting them ready for this and matching them up league to league. I would really hate to be forced into a reserve roster setup...you are making me nervous about that.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:43 AM   #54
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

The minor leagues are separate entities. I don't see why the game would force you to use reserve rosters. It hasn't been mentioned.

I bet it will work like it does now. Your minor leagues are just separate leagues with affiliations to major league teams. You'll be able to set up your major league to be pro/reg and can leave the minors as they are, just a normal league.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:20 AM   #55
Rayzor
All Star Starter

If we have division in a Promotion and Relegation league do the teams still get Promotion and Relegation? or does the league have to be 1 division only?
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:53 AM   #56
Huckleberry
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
If we have division in a Promotion and Relegation league do the teams still get Promotion and Relegation? or does the league have to be 1 division only?
The manual indicates you can have divisions, but the same number of teams have to be promoted/relegated in each division.

My question is this: will free agents take league reputation level into account as a major factor in their decisions? Let's say I have three P/R ladders, one in each of the USA, Japan, and say England. In accordance with the manual's suggestion, the league reputations are set up like this.

USA - 10, 8, 6, 4
Japan - 7, 5, 3, 1
England - 6, 4, 2

Will free agents usually sign with the highest reputation league from which they have an offer, unless there is a significant financial difference in the offers? And of course hopefully with financials we can prevent huge offers from lower rated leagues from being common.

Last edited by Huckleberry; 03-20-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:32 PM   #57
MUFC1878
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
You can have more than one division.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:54 PM   #58
4maddux_cy's
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
The manual indicates you can have divisions, but the same number of teams have to be promoted/relegated in each division.

My question is this: will free agents take league reputation level into account as a major factor in their decisions? Let's say I have three P/R ladders, one in each of the USA, Japan, and say England. In accordance with the manual's suggestion, the league reputations are set up like this.

USA - 10, 8, 6, 4
Japan - 7, 5, 3, 1
England - 6, 4, 2

Will free agents usually sign with the highest reputation league from which they have an offer, unless there is a significant financial difference in the offers? And of course hopefully with financials we can prevent huge offers from lower rated leagues from being common.
I am interested in a very similar setup. However is a global champions league tournament after the season difficult to set up? The top team in each league of the ladder in each region?
4maddux_cy's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:26 PM   #59
Kobeck
Major Leagues

Quote:
Curious why you think that? I think my idea of moving the minor league teams up or down along with the parent club should work fine.

I've spent a lot of time on my minor leagues getting them ready for this and matching them up league to league. I would really hate to be forced into a reserve roster setup...you are making me nervous about that.
I know nothing.

How did it work out for you. I have NOT had a chance to mess with it.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:31 AM   #60
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Minor league teams don't move..they stay put even if parent team is moved up or down
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote