Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:07 PM   #21
BBGiovanni
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
Another thing how would drafting work? Would you have a draft for your premier league and one for your division 2 or one large one??
I sure hope there are separate drafts and talent pools, I don't want the 4th Division getting the same players as the 1st Division.

Technically, would a draft make any sense in a P/R system? I'll use one for game purposes but it seems like the premier league should just throw money at whomever they want while the little guys forage for scraps.
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:10 PM   #22
Huckleberry
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGiovanni View Post
I sure hope there are separate drafts and talent pools, I don't want the 4th Division getting the same players as the 1st Division.

Technically, would a draft make any sense in a P/R system? I'll use one for game purposes but it seems like the premier league should just throw money at whomever they want while the little guys forage for scraps.
When I did P/R manually I never used a draft, all rookies were free agents.
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:44 PM   #23
Kobeck
Major Leagues

I could see a draft where top drafts day 1
next level down day 2
excetra
Kobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:50 PM   #24
bullmanuga
Minors (Single A)

I want to take the MLB teams, AAA, AA, A, and R teams and do P/R that way. I am going to put all of the various levels in one league per, and delete the teams (like my Braves) that have duplicate names. Nobody will have a minor league, just a reserve roster.

I am hoping that it will be easy to enable financials for the lower level teams. I just tried to do a preliminary setup in OOTP17 but I would have had to put in my own financial settings for the lower leagues as they stood.

In OOTP18 I plan on magically giving promoted teams more seats so they can take advantage of the level they're on. I'm thinking 30 or 35k if they get promoted to MLB.

Setting no draft might be a good idea so teams can sign whoever and the best players should go to the top teams.

Does soccer have safeguards for teams that were promoted? Could a team yo yo back and forth between levels every season or does a champion fri=om a lower league get a grace period before they're relegated?
bullmanuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:33 PM   #25
Matt Uk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullmanuga View Post

Does soccer have safeguards for teams that were promoted? Could a team yo yo back and forth between levels every season or does a champion fri=om a lower league get a grace period before they're relegated?

No they don't. Although teams relegated from the Premier league get what's called parachute payments where they receive part of the tv package money for the next 2 seasons (unless they get promoted again in which case they'll receive their share for being in the Premier league again)
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:33 AM   #26
Tyke
All Star Starter

If I have an OOTP17 game in which there are two separate leagues, will I be able to migrate that game into OOTP18 and then start P/R between the two leagues?
Tyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:35 AM   #27
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

As I am preparing to add this to my leagues...I just realized I have a couple teams with the same name. They are now in different leagues so it was no big deal, but will potentially end up in the same league.

Can I possible stand for this or should I change one now? I think Canadian football is the only place I've seen two teams with the same name.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:21 AM   #28
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

I had absolutely no interest in this new feature at all--until I read the Road to Release and learned there would be a P/R Quickstart. And now I very badly want to play that Quickstart and see what everybody's so hyped up about. So kudos to the OOTP team and, specifically, whoever made the Quickstart!
JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:58 AM   #29
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
I still have zero intrest in this feature won't even bother messing around with it. Now the OOTP team says that the majority of players play non fiction games however this addition to me is purely for fiction I'm just wondering if they're willing to add this why not add other things that are real like a full coaching staff a president of baseball operations

Chargers= Despicable Traitors

Last edited by Padreman; 03-18-2017 at 11:03 AM.
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:37 AM   #30
Caporegime
All Star Starter

I'll definitely give it a whirl. However, I still can't really wrap my brain around the concept. I mean, if I just paid $2 billion dollars for a major league team and it got relegated to a lesser league and it suddenly depreciated in value to the approximate worth of a box of old Urkel pogs, I'd be royally ticked. So much so that I'd probably want to cave someone's cabeza in with a Louisville slugger à la Al Capone at our next executive meeting.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:37 AM   #31
Coltrane
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I want to take the MLB teams, AAA, AA, A, and R teams and do P/R that way. I am going to put all of the various levels in one league per, and delete the teams (like my Braves) that have duplicate names. Nobody will have a minor league, just a reserve roster.

I am hoping that it will be easy to enable financials for the lower level teams. I just tried to do a preliminary setup in OOTP17 but I would have had to put in my own financial settings for the lower leagues as they stood.

In OOTP18 I plan on magically giving promoted teams more seats so they can take advantage of the level they're on. I'm thinking 30 or 35k if they get promoted to MLB.

Setting no draft might be a good idea so teams can sign whoever and the best players should go to the top teams.

EXACTLY what I plan on doing day 1. Although I will keep duplicate team names as my dream world series would be seeing the Boston Red Sox play the Pawtucket Red Sox some day.
Coltrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:55 PM   #32
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
I think Canadian football is the only place I've seen two teams with the same name.
One was the Roughriders, the other was the Rough Riders. There's a difference.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:02 PM   #33
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
One was the Roughriders, the other was the Rough Riders. There's a difference.
Ok, so I could change one of them to Cow Boys then.

Old 03-18-2017, 03:58 PM   #34
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporegime View Post
I'll definitely give it a whirl. However, I still can't really wrap my brain around the concept. I mean, if I just paid $2 billion dollars for a major league team and it got relegated to a lesser league and it suddenly depreciated in value to the approximate worth of a box of old Urkel pogs, I'd be royally ticked. So much so that I'd probably want to cave someone's cabeza in with a Louisville slugger à la Al Capone at our next executive meeting.
And that's exactly the incentive to avoid being relegated.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:51 PM   #35
faithful2thecall
Minors (Double A)

I'm looking forward to seeing how this feature works and will definitely play with it as I also enjoy Football Manager.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:29 PM   #36
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Some more information is available here:

OOTP 18 Manual:Promotion/Relegation

Doesn't mention anything regarding minor league teams and if they would move along with the parent clubs though.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:03 PM   #37
Jamee999
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
As I am preparing to add this to my leagues...I just realized I have a couple teams with the same name. They are now in different leagues so it was no big deal, but will potentially end up in the same league.

Can I possible stand for this or should I change one now? I think Canadian football is the only place I've seen two teams with the same name.
It happens in college sports all the time. The SEC alone now has three sets of Tigers and two teams of Bulldogs.
Jamee999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:08 PM   #38
bullmanuga
Minors (Single A)

Another thing I want to do is have a system wide tourney like English football does. Every team from every level would play a (probably single game elimination) and the eventual winner gets, I don't know, the Baseball Cup. I'd probably have it happen before ST and make ST 1 or 2 weeks. I don't know if that will be possible though.
bullmanuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:11 PM   #39
Jamee999
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Another thing I want to do is have a system wide tourney like English football does. Every team from every level would play a (probably single game elimination) and the eventual winner gets, I don't know, the Baseball Cup. I'd probably have it happen before ST and make ST 1 or 2 weeks. I don't know if that will be possible though.
I was thinking about doing this, but I'd love to have it spread through the entire season. Would be hard with scheduling though.
Jamee999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:28 PM   #40
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

it would be a great feature one day to have players in the same pool where top tier selects, then the ones who aren't selected or signed stay in the pool and the next tier picks from it and so on. I just don't think the game is setup that way for it to work.
A couple interesting features can be discovered in that manual....

Last edited by dave1927p; 03-19-2017 at 01:00 AM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote