Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:25 AM   #61
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerfer View Post
Two things that i wouldn't mind is
- Schedule creator: In custom leagues it can be quite a drag to get a schedule to click
- Rivalries of some kind: as someone who do fictional leagues a lot, it would be nice to add that feature to make the league more lively
to add to this, not just team rivalries, but individual to individual rivalries (like a pitcher who keeps beaning or brushing back a hitter) or individual to team rivalries (a player who was cut or traded and holds a grudge
Roy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:27 AM   #62
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
to add to this, not just team rivalries, but individual to individual rivalries (like a pitcher who keeps beaning or brushing back a hitter) or individual to team rivalries (a player who was cut or traded and holds a grudge
I'd never even thought about individual rivalries. That's a cool idea!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:12 AM   #63
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Wow...you must be drunk.
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:40 AM   #64
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Give me FM's budget and you get whatever you desire within two years.
Maybe a partnership with Sports Interactive would be helpful.....oh wait don't do that again

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:56 AM   #65
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Team Rivalries

In game terms, rivalries could impact and spike attendance in ticket sales in say N.E. coastal cities, especially in play offs (Think Boston vs. NY). Also, once ID'd, it could add more items to the new news stories.

To ID a rivalry, it could be a combo of these factors: Same league, same division, geographic proximity, historic rivalry (you could ID these for MLB worlds), number of post season contests between the same teams, and even the loss of a “National Star” from one team to another.

Last edited by Calvert98; 03-20-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:59 AM   #66
Matty86
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsguy234 View Post
To me, the constant choose your own adventure type feel of Football Manager can get a little annoying. Although I think a lot of that is due to press interactions and locker room turmoil being given crazy amounts of significance in real-world football for some reason.
After all of these years playing OOTP and a few attempts at FM, I just can't get into FM, it just always feels overwhelming to me. Maybe it's because I don't know the soccer world as well as baseball, but I think it's more than just that.
Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:30 PM   #67
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
In game terms, rivalries could impact and spike attendance in ticket sales in say N.E. coastal cities, especially in play offs (Think Boston vs. NY). Also, once ID'd, it could add more items to the new news stories.
I question the degree to which that is actually the case, at least on a broader aspect. (As always, real-world reference data is what helps make a proposed feature into a realistic and authentic one. Without reference data, it's all purely speculative.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
To ID a rivalry, it could be a combo of these factors: Same league, same division, geographic proximity, historic rivalry (you could ID these for MLB worlds), number of post season contests between the same teams, and even the loss of a “National Star” from one team to another.
Any rivalry system (I would argue team 'prestige' is a part of that) ought to be dynamically determined so that fictional leagues can see rivalries rise and fall over the years.

MLB is a different matter.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:51 PM   #68
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Right..I don't like the idea of a static rivalry system. Technically rivals can happen now...it's just a matter of getting the news stories to pick up on it somehow.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:55 PM   #69
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
I question the degree to which that is actually the case, at least on a broader aspect. (As always, real-world reference data is what helps make a proposed feature into a realistic and authentic one. Without reference data, it's all purely speculative.)

Any rivalry system (I would argue team 'prestige' is a part of that) ought to be dynamically determined so that fictional leagues can see rivalries rise and fall over the years.

MLB is a different matter.
Agreed; At least for MLB, it could be a bit easier. I hadn’t thought about the fictional leagues.

At the very least, it could work its way into the narrative/news stories, if not something such as attendance: Things such as distance from the two markets, times faced in post-season, and same division are easily quantifiable and can be correlated with “rivalry”; however, to your point, how such things would be weighted would be tough.

Anyway, interesting idea.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote