Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
kohut
Minors (Single A)

Major Issues with trading!

Okay, it has been documented how its easy to rip off the computer in trades. Unfortunately it has gone even further...

I am Winnipeg and I am trading Toby Enstrom 8.5 to Carolina. I asked for a 1st and 2nd they said no, I asked for a 1st and 3rd no, I asked for less and less until after asking for a 5th rounder the Hurricanes GOT MAD so I went in reverse and realized...

The computer is repsonding as if THEY are Winnipeg and I had to offer a 1-7th rounder and a 1st rounder next year and they were okay with that.

I didn't make the trade since its rediculous! This is a huge issue. The computer shouldnt be looking out for my best interest or pretending to manage my team!

This may explain why people are ripping off the computer!

To elaborate further: This glitch happens WHEN THEY MAKE A TRADE offer. When I initiate the offer ITS MORE REASONABLE. The problem still is the computer goes from offering me a player rated 6 to giving me a 1st and 2nd rounder. I really hope you start focusing on this as it takes so much away from the game. Adding new features rules but tweaks like this in my opinion should be primary.

Last edited by kohut; 01-24-2014 at 03:54 PM.
kohut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
kohut
Minors (Single A)

I put it further to the test... Edmonton offered me a 5.5 guy for Clitsome 6.5 I countered with a 3rd rounder, they said no, I increased the offer (in my favor) until they said yes and then tried further and was able to acquired

Edmonton's
2015 1st round pick (1) from Chicago
2015-17 1-7th round pick (21)

So 22 draft choices for Grant Clitsome a 6.5 rated player... can a develop please respond to this and comfirm its being fixed and whether you guys are going to make trading more difficult as in you can't rip off the computer anymore or even better since we are fanatics, the computer will only rip us off in a trade :P
Old 01-24-2014, 09:23 PM   #3
RamMan12
Major Leagues

Trading AI is something that is constantly in need of improvement, because a human GM will always be better than the AI. Even in OOTP the trading can be ridiculous (and 15 was just announced) so just realize it will never perfect.
RamMan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:17 PM   #4
spitfire
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamMan12 View Post
Trading AI is something that is constantly in need of improvement, because a human GM will always be better than the AI. Even in OOTP the trading can be ridiculous (and 15 was just announced) so just realize it will never perfect.
The original poster isn't looking for perfection at this point. Clearly the trading AI is backwards right now and needs some serious attention.
spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:36 AM   #5
kohut
Minors (Single A)

Its true, being able to acquire 22 draft choices for a 6.5 player is an incredible glitch in the game. Overall teams shouldn't be as gullable as an AI. I think even programming it so that the best I can get from a team for a 6.5 player is a player with a 6.5 potential or a late draft choice. I think a major upgrade would be players that may project to a 7.0 but can actually overachieve and hit 7.5 or 8.0 or even high by EXTREMELY low odds.

It isn't difficult to tweak the system when it comes to trading.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:40 AM   #6
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohut View Post
I put it further to the test... Edmonton offered me a 5.5 guy for Clitsome 6.5 I countered with a 3rd rounder, they said no, I increased the offer (in my favor) until they said yes and then tried further and was able to acquired

Edmonton's
2015 1st round pick (1) from Chicago
2015-17 1-7th round pick (21)

So 22 draft choices for Grant Clitsome a 6.5 rated player... can a develop please respond to this and comfirm its being fixed and whether you guys are going to make trading more difficult as in you can't rip off the computer anymore or even better since we are fanatics, the computer will only rip us off in a trade :P
MacTavish was always talking about making BOLD moves....
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:36 AM   #7
TheAlaskan
Minors (Single A)

I took a personal oath never to abuse AI in trades. Pretty much solved the bug for me.
TheAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:33 AM   #8
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamMan12 View Post
That´s totally ok, nothing is perfect - but in the current state it´s waay to easy but Seb is totally aware of this balancing problem

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:41 AM   #9
kohut
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlaskan View Post
I took a personal oath never to abuse AI in trades. Pretty much solved the bug for me.
You miss the point of the thread. It's to point out that when the computer makes trade offers and you counter, they take the stance of my team meaning if I want a 3rd round pick they may feel I am NOT getting enough and decline the offer and MAKE me take more from them in order to accept.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:39 PM   #10
TheAlaskan
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohut View Post
You miss the point of the thread. It's to point out that when the computer makes trade offers and you counter, they take the stance of my team meaning if I want a 3rd round pick they may feel I am NOT getting enough and decline the offer and MAKE me take more from them in order to accept.
Hmmm... got it.
TheAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote