Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Feature suggestions / Wish list

TBCB Feature suggestions / Wish list Discuss feature suggestions for Title Bout Professional Boxing here.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #61
Count_Herout
Minors (Single A)

Lightbulb Please add to list...

Please add to my list:...

French judges biased for Frenchmen, and English judges biased for Englishmen. It makes no sense to import a Brit to judge Ali/Cooper in Louisville, only to have the Brit vote for Ali as the HTF.

All the judges bias catagories need to be expanded and reworked. Including biases for referees called to score fights under older rules.

Arbie
Count_Herout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #62
Count_Herout
Minors (Single A)

Exclamation Scoring Bug!

Believe it or not, I actually found something wrong!

The descriptive text is telling me that Boxer A was warned for holding and hitting (or similar foul), but the tally column still awarded the perpetrator 4 points for the punch! This is not the first time this has happened, but it is the first time I've had a fighter lose by TKO because the "too many points" included non-existent "foul" points.

Please: Definitely fix this!

Arbie
Old 08-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #63
Count_Herout
Minors (Single A)

Lightbulb Improved Fight Descriptions.

Let's go for another one (this could be a biggie):

I don't want to set the wrong tone here -- we're all benefitted by Andreas' little invention and owe him our respect -- but the text making up the fight descriptions needs some major work from a native English speaker:

1. English common nouns are not capitalized (this differs from Deutsch) -- it's "round 3," not "Runde 3" (unless the word starts a sentence);
2. All independent clauses in English are separtated by commas -- always;
3. A dependent clause separated on one end by a comma must be separated on the other end by a comma;
4. Possessives are marked with apostrophes;
5. Women are not referred to as "he" or "his";
6. Too often, the tenses used are past instead of present (the announcer is describing action now);
7. Too often, the verbiage is jumbled or obese (broadcast journalism -- what you would have in a real radio log -- involves saying things in as few words as possible);
8. The language has too little variation and not enough color (we get the same descriptions every fight).
9. There is not enough description (because the scoring is designed for Avalon Hill's Heavyweight Men's Title Bout and therefore is too sparse for a radio-style account).
10. There is no commentary between rounds.

I would guess -- no, I know, because I've seen it -- that better descriptions would improve this platform more than any other addition or correction.

We need better bout logs!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #64
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Vote on Amendments to the game.

How about we all vote on the proposed amendments to the game? Maybe a narrowed down list would be more agreeable to Andreas.

One thing I'd like to bring up again is the idea of making the individual fighter's data invisble. This would be optional and so should most of the rest of our ideas/suggestions. I'd also like to do away with multiple career stages and be able to list the fighters First Name First and Last Name Last, but be able to sort the list by last name.

Cap
Old 09-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #65
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Voting?

How many here think we should vote on the amendments to the game? An amendment would need at least 51% of popular vote to pass.

Cap
Old 09-07-2009, 05:32 PM   #66
Mad Bomber
All Star Starter

Sounds like a good idea.

There are three things that go on a fighter, first your reflexes go, then your chin goes, and then your friends go.

Willie Pep
Mad Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #67
Mugsy
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
How many here think we should vote on the amendments to the game? An amendment would need at least 51% of popular vote to pass.

Cap
we could vote all we want, but does it matter if Andreas cant find a programmer to work on the game?
Mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #68
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugsy View Post
we could vote all we want, but does it matter if Andreas cant find a programmer to work on the game?

I was maintaining lists for Andreas of the things you all wanted but haven't done so in ages as there seemed to be little point. I'll gladly start up again if there is activity from the development side.

Still, it doesn't hurt at all to talk about what you want. It can only serve to encourage this to be taken up again.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #69
Mugsy
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS View Post
I was maintaining lists for Andreas of the things you all wanted but haven't done so in ages as there seemed to be little point. I'll gladly start up again if there is activity from the development side.

Still, it doesn't hurt at all to talk about what you want. It can only serve to encourage this to be taken up again.

We can only hope that it works
Mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #70
mjmelen
Bat Boy

Ring Card Girl wishlist

The only ring card 'girls' I saw were 'generic', 'Amy Longlegs', and 'Tony California' (?). I'm not sure if there is a way to expand this universe (and it certainly isn't an important issue, fer pete's sake), but it would be pretty cool if some of the female forum members could upload their photo (along with a release agreement) for inclusion as ring card girls. Or boxers (if that is their preference). Converting their image into a 'cartoon' version might be optimal to protect the actual identity. Using the hometown as the last name might also be a good way to include the ladies while protecting identities. Again, not at all important, but it could be a cool touch for a great game.
mjmelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:41 PM   #71
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if there'd be enough space in the game to include all of the beauties who inhabit this forum...

Cap
Old 12-06-2009, 12:03 PM   #72
Count_Herout
Minors (Single A)

Lightbulb Another Idea for a Feature!

The computer game currently does not have any provision in it for size of ring (unless that secretly is programmed into the venue). But, if you know boxing, you know that makes a difference. I recall once when Sugar Ray Robinson was going up against a big puncher, and he knew he could take the guy easily as long as he could move, so he insisted in the contract on a 20-ft. ring. To confirm this, he even watched when the management laid down the tape.

So, come fight night, he goes in, and he wins, but he gets the crap beat out of him in the process, and he's wondering what in the world happened, that he could have miscalculated so. Well, it turned out that the management had only room for an 18-ft. ring and, to disguise that, had cut 2 feet out of the middle of the tape measure and soldered it back together!

Last edited by Count_Herout; 12-06-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:22 PM   #73
Mad Bomber
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count_Herout View Post
The computer game currently does not have any provision in it for size of ring (unless that secretly is programmed into the venue). But, if you know boxing, you know that makes a difference. I recall once when Sugar Ray Robinson was going up against a big puncher, and he knew he could take the guy easily as long as he could move, so he insisted in the contract on a 20-ft. ring. To confirm this, he even watched when the management laid down the tape.

So, come fight night, he goes in, and he wins, but he gets the crap beat out of him in the process, and he's wondering what in the world happened, that he could have miscalculated so. Well, it turned out that the management had only room for an 18-ft. ring and, to disguise that, had cut 2 feet out of the middle of the tape measure and soldered it back together!
That's pretty funny.

There are three things that go on a fighter, first your reflexes go, then your chin goes, and then your friends go.

Willie Pep
Mad Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:07 AM   #74
vistaman44
Hall Of Famer

Sort function

Could a male/female sort be added?

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters, compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, philosopher and poet (1803-1882)

-----------------------------------
Currently operating 1970s SM-HW, 1940s, African, 1980s LW and women's boxing universes
vistaman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:30 PM   #75
Rocky
Minors (Single A)

The option to play as the Referee would be cool.

That way you could prevent all these fights from being stopped on cuts and DQs and let the action continue.

You could also decide whether to give a fighter a slow count or a quick count if a knockdown occurs.

Last edited by Rocky; 01-09-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #76
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

I'm sure it has been mentioned, but it would be awesome to have the auto ager move guys up in weight at a certain time in their career.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:02 PM   #77
TBPauly
Minors (Single A)

Don't know if it's been mentioned or not...but, how about group specific scheduling?

Been messing around with how to group fighters in terms of rankings. I like to have the top 50% ranked fighters in what I call Tier 1 and fight 10 rounds in the auto scheduler, and manually alter the title fight to 15 rounds. The next 25% fight 8 rounders in Tier 2. Then the last 25% I put in Tier 3, fighting rookies, trial rookies (adding another 50% to a given rookie class), and unranked fighters in Tier 4 over 6 rounds.

If there are more fighters in Tier 4 than in Tier 3, then I randomly draw fighters into the third tier until the tiers are equal or Tier 3 has one more.

It would be easier to have the auto scheduler remember the rules for each group than to modify things as I move around the groups...
TBPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #78
Rocky
Minors (Single A)

The ratings in the newer version should be more like this.
Title Bout Championship Boxing Screens for PC at GameSpot

I think the greater the amount you have in terms of numbers for each of the catergories the more realistic the simulation will be, because at the moment i currently have 1652 heavyweights in my uni and as you can imagine it makes rating fighters more harder and results less accurate because there are not enough numbers per category to work around.

Last edited by Rocky; 03-13-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:35 AM   #79
SWardle
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
I would like to see the ability to import a year, say 1987, and all active boxers from that year will be imported with their career fights up to that point. Then each year after that the new boxers from that era come in.

It is a real pain when I have to go in and edit and delete boxers to do this. Why can't it be like an OOTP historical league where the game does all of that work for you?

TBH, this feature is the ONLY thing that will get me to buy TBCB.
SWardle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #80
magiccitydawg
Minors (Double A)

Someone may have mentioned this, but I would like to see a direct upload to a web site that one may want to set up for their universe.
magiccitydawg is offline   Reply With Quote