Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:26 AM   #1
C-Man73
Minors (Single A)

Scheduling problem

I've found once you play past the 2020 season in dynasty mode, the AI creates some bizarre schedules — multiple series running Thursday-Saturday followed by an off day Sunday, no off day before the All-Star game, etc.

I have tried DOZENS of times to change the settings so that it will generate a more realistic schedule, but something is always "off." I even tried reloading the 2019 schedule, but it's no better (because the calendar is different, the games fall on the "wrong" days).

Can someone help?, because this is driving me mad.
C-Man73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:19 AM   #2
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
What template are you loading?

I use major_league_ml_c_2020.lsdll

I didn't like the weird Japan schedule for 2019. I use it for 2019 and 2020. Just cleared schedule and regenerated a new one.

You could also generate a complete random schedule I think if you uncheck use xml schedule if one found. Then in preseason you have to manually edit schedule and click generate new one.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:09 AM   #3
C-Man73
Minors (Single A)

Did that, repeatedly, and it still doesn't work.

I have imported old schedules and I have generated "random ones," and I still wind up with the All-Star game on a Thursday or a Sunday or whatever, with the wrong number of off days on each side, and with random off days on Fridays and Sundays.

It's frustrating as hell, to be honest, and makes me want to quit and start over.

Last edited by C-Man73; 04-12-2019 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:40 AM   #4
cheo25
All Star Reserve

Might have something to do with the start date setting in your league settings. If you start date is checked to start on a particular date rather than a particular day of the week, the schedule template is going to follow that. Thus, you will end up with weird series like that because a date is always on a different day of the week the following year.

I'm not at my home computer right now, but I think there is a setting you can check to make sure your season starts on a particular day of the week instead of the exact date every year. Let's say you wanted to start on a Monday and you check the box, then your schedule should start the Monday after the league's start date.
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:12 AM   #5
C-Man73
Minors (Single A)

I have tried every possible combination of those instructions I can think of, and it's still not right. I even tried trimming the schedule to 154, no All-Star game (but it still gives you an all-star break), balanced schedule, and it's still off.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

did the league expand or change structure?

if not, make a copy of the MLB 2019 schedule. Then, rename it to your league's name. now, load it up in the game... it should remain after that and jumble things up each year.

you can also make 2 copies and name <leauge name>_C_A.lsdl and <leauge name>_C_B.lsdl

it will then alternate between those 2, but will not jumble matchups.

Also, if you have 2-3 day gaps for some teams, you may have clicked 'balanced schedule'... that is what happens with an odd number of teams and a balanced schedule, for obvious reasons.

for no ASG you have to turn it off in game, and also adjust the schedule, since it has a gap for one. you might find a 162g schedule in the mods section with that already chopped out. look over available schedules in that forum. try those if the one with game isn't what you want.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-12-2019 at 01:23 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:38 PM   #7
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Man73 View Post
I've found once you play past the 2020 season in dynasty mode, the AI creates some bizarre schedules — multiple series running Thursday-Saturday followed by an off day Sunday, no off day before the All-Star game, etc.

I have tried DOZENS of times to change the settings so that it will generate a more realistic schedule, but something is always "off." I even tried reloading the 2019 schedule, but it's no better (because the calendar is different, the games fall on the "wrong" days).

Can someone help?, because this is driving me mad.
Use the 2015 schedule for 2020 - it's the same calendar for the baseball season (the leap day in 2020 doesn't affect that).
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote