Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:53 PM   #1
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

Restarting a league

I created a fictional league, and made some mistakes - instead of deleting the league and starting over - I thought maybe somewhere their was a way to reset/restart the league. I tried loading it as a template - but that didn't work either. Is this possible?
bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:04 AM   #2
Mat
All Star Reserve

only via load template
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:22 AM   #3
Reed
All Star Starter

What I do, after I setup my league and before starting the season, I back it up and then from that backup, make another league from that backup that I do not touch unless I want to start the league over.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:44 AM   #4
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

I tried loading as template. It does not start the league over.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:44 AM   #5
andjbock
Hall Of Famer

It sounds like you are loading a saved game and not a template.
andjbock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:10 AM   #6
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

"Save your league as a Template (Global Settings > Available Global Actions > Save this game as template). Create a new game. Click on Advanced Mode in the lower left > click on Advanced, you'll see the option to import a template. Import the template you just saved. Note the option to select the folders your logo, jerseys, and ballcaps are stored if they aren't in the default. Finish creating the league, this should put you back to where you were."

This is the process I followed off a recommendation in Private Message. I did exactly what the steps laid out, and it still shows teams with records in May in the standings, they have no players, and I cannot back track or restart the league.

Surprised that such a powerful engine for the game, doesn't offer you the opportunity to do a restart/reset. Which should of course come with a warning "Are you sure you want to do this."

I appreciate all the help - looks like I may have to go back to the drawing boards.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:32 AM   #7
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

You can go to league setup, delete league history. Do this when the preseason starts.

This will not reset the league to your original starting date (that's not possible) but it will allow you to start from scratch. No history yet.

You can also do a new draft if you wish, delete and create new players if you wish. Just not go back to day 1 date wise.

Suggest anytime you create a new league, once created, make a copy of the .lg folder and put it some place safe like an external drive or a stick. This way you can always start over.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:35 PM   #8
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

I absolutely agree - I should have backed up my league before tinkering around with it to much and it really isn't that hard to just start from scratch, but really feel the game should provide you an option to restart the league.

Thanks for all of the feedback/help!