Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:46 PM   #61
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
And I see nobody's yet suggested parks the above teams should perhaps have as their respective home parks, at least at first, for some reason. Would really like to see what parks others might recommend using here if not already listed. Please respond, people, if and when you like and can, okay? Thank you in advance if you do so here. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:40 PM   #62
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
Actually, he was born on May 27, 1963, so he would have been 14/15 years old during 1978. 15/16 in 1979, and so forth. He debuted in the majors just shy of his 19th birthday in 1982. If he'd been in any of the known 1978 drafts, he might have been 15 years old by any or all of them, depending on when they were during the season, after all. From what I have found out, he was a non-drafted free agent before he joined the Mariners' organization and began to play for their Northwest League team called the Bellingham Mariners, and played there until playing for Wausau in another league, according to his playing record's page on BB-Ref. And eventually he came to debut in the Major Leagues, as already stated, in 1982. CD out.
He would not be in the minor league database in 1978 thats why he imports that way. Try 19179 instead.
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:42 PM   #63
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
And I see nobody's yet suggested parks the above teams should perhaps have as their respective home parks, at least at first, for some reason. Would really like to see what parks others might recommend using here if not already listed. Please respond, people, if and when you like and can, okay? Thank you in advance if you do so here. CD out.
This isnt a good thread for suggesting parks. Start a new thread for that and maybe stop typing paragraphs? I casually glance at what you type i dont read the whole thing.

"Stay Strong"

Old 04-04-2018, 04:55 PM   #64
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
I'll try to remember that. I admit I do often have a tendency to ramble at times when it comes to talking about various subjects of all kinds, The Game. Or often get quite verbose with possibly far too much detail in my various stories of all kinds, whether they're online stories or offline ones, for various reasons I may not fully understand or easily describe to people at times.

As for my Ed or Edwin Nunez problem, you don't actually mean 1979, do you, instead of 19179? I realize what his actual official transaction history is, of course. But when I've followed the advice given earlier in the related thread or threads, when it comes to importing certain players into the draft pool for a particular year, prior to the year that one might want to have them begin in, statistics-wise, that particular bit of advice has worked for many, if not all, of the other players I've already imported into the applicable draft pool for Baseball Heaven. I suppose I could perhaps import him as a free agent instead, and replace him in my plans for the appropriate draft pool, if I absolutely had to. But I'd really prefer not to have to do that, if it can possibly be avoided at all somehow.

I realize he wouldn't be in the 1978 database, but as I said, I was able to import certain players into the prospective draft pool already by using the applicable years before their respective actual professional debuts happened, in many cases, as their seasonal year for import purposes. People like Ozzie Guillen and Carlos Delgado, for example, if I remember correctly enough here, among many others.

Okay, I will follow your suggestion here, and start a related thread for potential stadiums for these teams to perhaps use as their starting home parks if at all possible, then. That way it might be easier for us all to keep things straighter and all, of course, I think.

Should I also start a related thread asking for assigned number suggestions for the players on each proposed roster here, or not? If not, do you have any uniform numbering suggestions for the players on the proposed White Sox roster here, at least, if not for any of the players on the other proposed teams? Please advise, if and when you like and can, then, The Game. Thanks in advance if and when you do. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:48 PM   #65
jalanmiller
Bat Boy

This makes sense to me. When I try it, I can send them to the draft pool, but if I unblock draft pool, it says they were imported, but they're not on FA or team rosters (which is where I was hoping to send them). Any advice?
jalanmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:59 PM   #66
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalanmiller View Post
This makes sense to me. When I try it, I can send them to the draft pool, but if I unblock draft pool, it says they were imported, but they're not on FA or team rosters (which is where I was hoping to send them). Any advice?
Do they show up when you do a search for them? Maybe do a text file and instead of a team put in FA for free agents
ruthba01,1927,FA

"Stay Strong"