Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-24-2017, 11:42 PM   #21
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Hi all!

We're excited to announce a new quickstart for you to enjoy. As the MLB season is wrapping up, feel free to live the excitement of the stretch drive with our new September 2017 Quickstart.

With updated rosters as of September 1st (well, I guess as of August 31st), as well as updated stats and standings as of that date as well, you can relive the glory of the last month of the MLB season. Can you get match or beat Cleveland's winning streak? Can you keep up with Minnesota's hot September and get them that last step to the promised land? Or maybe dethrone the Cubs and lead St. Louis or Milwaukee to the NL Central crown?

All this is available to you here: http://markus.ootpdevelopments.com/ootp18/September.zip
*edit: the above is missing stats for TB players. Updated files with TB stats is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1edmi09w00...quick.zip?dl=0

Download the above file and unzip it to your quickstarts folder (Go to your game settings, on the last tab, there is a button to open your data folder. From there navigate to the quickstarts folder and unzip the above to create a "2017 September.quick" file. Then you should be able to start a new quickstart game from this).

There are some caveats with the file:
-Due to some issues, there may be some stats that are missing/incomplete/wrong. For example, no fielding stats have been imported, and some other stats are either missing or may be slightly off. However, the "main" stats (ie. batting avg, HR) should be accurate. MLB service time may also not be correct - we have tried to estimate it for players, but players who have missed time due to injury will most likely be off.
-No minor league stats or schedules have been imported.
-No league finances or attendance have been updated, so this may cause some issues when looking at history or for future budgets
-2017 draftees are not updated to their new teams

Hope you enjoy!

OOTP Developments Team
Excellent work... one question tho... would you be willing to release the tools that were used to do this to the public? I'd love to finish this project... add in minor league stats and standings, move draftees and such
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:55 AM   #22
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
Excellent work... one question tho... would you be willing to release the tools that were used to do this to the public? I'd love to finish this project... add in minor league stats and standings, move draftees and such
Unfortunately we won't be able to release them for this year. A lot of the stuff that we did for this were could potentially be classified as "not safe for work"

We will think if any of this might make sense to clean up and allow in next year's version. If we did obviously anything would be labelled very experimental.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:49 PM   #23
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Now adding Minor League Stats,Updated Injured List and Drafted guys on the team that Drafted them is easy but will take a long time to do but Editing Minor League Standings hard to do.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:13 PM   #24
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Is this the big announcement or is it still coming?

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:35 PM   #25
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Unfortunately we won't be able to release them for this year. A lot of the stuff that we did for this were could potentially be classified as "not safe for work"

We will think if any of this might make sense to clean up and allow in next year's version. If we did obviously anything would be labelled very experimental.
that's a shame because my OCD doesn't like the minor leagues have zero games played
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 07:10 PM   #26
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Kinda disappointed with the Phillies. Rhys Hoskins is listed at AAA with no major league stats at all especially with the tear he's been on in the majors but Hector Gomez is there on the roster on 8/31/17 and he's never been called up to the majors once this season and he's out of minor league options.

I appreciate the effort and I'm sorry because I KNOW I sound critical, but Hoskins is a pretty big oversight.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 10:39 PM   #27
CBLCardinals
OOTP Roster Team

Is there a way to manually edit things like All Stars for this roster set? Players selected for 2017 All Star game are not noted in awards icons, nor in history. thanks!!
CBLCardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:25 AM   #28
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Kinda disappointed with the Phillies. Rhys Hoskins is listed at AAA with no major league stats at all especially with the tear he's been on in the majors but Hector Gomez is there on the roster on 8/31/17 and he's never been called up to the majors once this season and he's out of minor league options.

I appreciate the effort and I'm sorry because I KNOW I sound critical, but Hoskins is a pretty big oversight.
We had to match up stats using bbref ids, so players who debuted after the season began may not have gotten updated in our roster editor. Hoskins is an unfortunate missing case, and there are likely other cases as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBLCardinals View Post
Is there a way to manually edit things like All Stars for this roster set? Players selected for 2017 All Star game are not noted in awards icons, nor in history. thanks!!
Not directly, no. If you want, you might be able to manually move the all-star game (and all-star game events), and then if you wish you can manually select the rosters, and that should add the history events.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:20 PM   #29
Coachjohn
Bat Boy

can i use this roster group to start the schedule all over and if so how
Coachjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:56 PM   #30
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Never going to get Rosters perfect only if you control Rosters moves.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:59 PM   #31
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post

Yeah, we just plain missed Hoskins. That's my bad

I've been away vacation for the last month though, so even beyond Hoskins, we've surely missed adjusting a few guys who've put up most of their numbers recently!

We adjusted the B-Ref data and ratings for players who debuted through mid-season and even beyond, but some guys who debuted later in the year weren't adjusted yet.

With something like this, it's almost unavoidable that that happens though, even under perfect circumstances. There are a lot of moving pieces to making an in-season update like this, and then when you add in vacation schedules and other practical considerations, it can get kind of tricky

So I guess this is kind of something where we hope you'll appreciate things in the spirit in which they're intended!

Since this is really a bonus gift to the community for your support of the game, we hope you can enjoy the good parts of the project (all the hard work Matt had to do hacking things to make this happen with accurate standings in particular) and the (mostly accurate) stats and ignore (or edit for yourself) any errors or omissions we've made with some ratings or other things (like Hoskins)!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 10-01-2017 at 11:14 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote