Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 09-13-2017, 12:23 PM   #1
bjorgenson
Minors (Triple A)

Some Fictional Teams I've Been Working On

Ok, so for the Topeka Owls (real name, btw, they were a low minor league team back in... I believe the 30's? Might be wrong on that), I took elements from the Buffalo Bisons and Toledo Mud Hens logos and combined them with some of my own drawings to create this - really like the "eye cap" look that a couple teams had in the 90's, thought it would be appropriate here:

Last edited by bjorgenson; 06-11-2019 at 11:59 AM.
bjorgenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:51 PM   #2
bjorgenson
Minors (Triple A)

Cheyenne Chinooks

This one is actually based on the Brandiose "Baseballtown" logo. Tried to create something evocative of the Chinook wind (although I think it may have wound up more "ghostly").

Old 09-13-2017, 05:18 PM   #3
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorgenson View Post
Ok, so for the Topeka Owls (real name, btw, they were a low minor league team back in... I believe the 30's? Might be wrong on that)...
Owls franchise history if you are interested.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:24 AM   #4
bjorgenson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Owls franchise history if you are interested.
Much appreciated, very interesting!

...And back to the show. Up next, we've got the Ann Arbor Rhubarbs - after Oregon and Washington, Michigan is the largest commercial producer of everybody's favorite dessert nightshade. The logo is based on the "Mr. Celery" alternate logo used by the Wilmington Blue Rocks.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:38 PM   #5
GunnyB
Minors (Triple A)

Wow...looks awesome
Old 09-17-2017, 03:52 AM   #6
Im New to This
Minors (Rookie Ball)

wow dude these are awesome

Im New to This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:27 PM   #7
bjorgenson
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

Ok, next up, the St. Louis Kicks. I always feel like St. Louis doesn't do enough to celebrate the fact that Route 66 runs right through the heart of the city, and that some areas of town still include a lot of that 50's era architecture. So, since the name "66ers" has already been taken by a real minor league franchise, I thought "Kicks" might be appropriate (get your kicks on Route 66?). Anyway, this one is based on the line work for "Benny the Cab" from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, coloration, backgrounds and some new line work is mine. Hope y'all enjoy!

Last edited by bjorgenson; 10-02-2017 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:41 PM   #8
bjorgenson
Minors (Triple A)

Ok, then this one is NOT my favorite work, to be honest, but here's the Dubuque Packers. Again, real name, fictional identity. Most of the character linework comes from the new Altoona Curve identity... like I say, this one leaves me a little cold, but I'm moving on from it and thought I might as well stick it here if somebody needs an expansion team for the Midwest League or something

Old 09-18-2017, 10:05 PM   #9
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Do you do logo requests? i have many logos in justfan style but want plain logos and small logos for the secondary screen.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:42 AM   #10
bjorgenson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Do you do logo requests? i have many logos in justfan style but want plain logos and small logos for the secondary screen.
Hmmm.... never thought about this. Honestly, right now is a bad time for me - my work is such that I'm busiest between September and January. I've been posting stuff that has been sitting on my computer for a while up to this point. Maybe circle back with me in the spring?
Old 09-19-2017, 03:08 PM   #11
dbqs
Major Leagues

These are awesome! The St. Louis logo kinda looks like it says "hicks" at first glance... Not that there aren't a few of those in the area, but...
dbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:42 PM   #12
bjorgenson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbqs View Post
These are awesome! The St. Louis logo kinda looks like it says "hicks" at first glance... Not that there aren't a few of those in the area, but...
Yeah, I was concerned about that... I'll probably redo the script soon and repost.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:17 PM   #13
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Awesome stuff!

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:05 AM   #14
bjorgenson
Minors (Triple A)

Here's an expansion team for the California League in my world - the Oxnard Strawberries. Oxnard, California, is known as the Strawberry Capital of the World and hosts the California Strawberry Festival during the summer at College Park next to Oxnard College, featuring vendors as well as food items based on the fruit such as strawberry nachos, strawberry pizza, strawberry funnel cake, strawberry sundaes, and strawberry champagne.I used some elements from the god awful New Orleans Baby Cakes design. I also wasn't certain about the inner circle "dirt" design, so I posted an alternate that just has a plan white interior to the roundel.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:26 PM   #15
bjorgenson
Minors (Triple A)

Ok, so not fictional (exactly), but in one of the worlds I'm running, the PCL is still around as a major league. The 80's have rolled around, and the current look of some teams is just getting a little... dated. Anyway, for the Sacramento Solons, I went back to an old (real) logo that's been circulating on the internet for ever, blew it up, cleaned it up, and then used it as the basis for both my 50's and 80's era logos (both posted below). I've also got a uniform set for the 80's era team.

...and the 50's era cleanup:
Old 09-22-2017, 06:35 PM   #16
chey
Minors (Triple A)

Your logos are all fantastic, and I'm definitely looking for places to fit them.

I'm also playing a world where the PCL exists as a major league, but the Sacramento Solons ended up moving in 1958, sadly. This logo set makes me pretty interested in bringing them back. Do you think you could please post the blue-and-gold S from that wordmark? I'd use it as the secondary logo.
chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:40 AM   #17
bjorgenson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey View Post
Your logos are all fantastic, and I'm definitely looking for places to fit them.

I'm also playing a world where the PCL exists as a major league, but the Sacramento Solons ended up moving in 1958, sadly. This logo set makes me pretty interested in bringing them back. Do you think you could please post the blue-and-gold S from that wordmark? I'd use it as the secondary logo.
First off, thank you

Secondly, sure thing, but I will warn you, it's a little rough - never intended to present it at full resolution.

I could go back and redraw it, but it won't be for a little bit. Hope that helps!
Old 09-25-2017, 11:28 AM   #18
bjorgenson
Minors (Triple A)

So, another obsession of mine is never having two teams in the same city limits. To that end, the Angels in my game almost always wind up moving out to San Bernardino and becoming, once again, the California Angels, while the Mets frequently find themselves moved to New Jersey (I never have a good solution for the White Sox... maybe move 'em across the border to Gary and make the the Indiana White Sox?). With the skyline of Newark behind, may I present the primary logo of the New Jersey Mets:

There actually seems to be a company that sells hats with a cursive NJ embroidered on them in the colors of various NY/NJ metro teams, including the Mets, so I created a cap that is essentially a shameless rip-off of that below.

For a jersey, I typically just use current Mets gear.

Last edited by bjorgenson; 09-25-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:35 PM   #19
bjorgenson
Minors (Triple A)

Anybody up for some 70's vibes?

Last edited by bjorgenson; 09-29-2017 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:15 PM   #20
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorgenson View Post
(I never have a good solution for the White Sox... maybe move 'em across the border to Gary and make the the Indiana White Sox?).

Blasphemy!!
Move the Cubs to Rosemont, why move the Sox? We both have the same amount of WS wins. They do have more playoff appearances by 3-4 including 2017.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote