Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:35 PM   #141
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad5000 View Post
Man oh Man. I've read through this whole post seeing if there was a way to import everyone through random historical by starting a 1901 league without minors ( or even historical minors leagues). Got my hopes up then dashed, up again, and finally dashed. So it seems that you can't have any of the historical minors or negro league players random debut without the spritze db unless you import manually. Correct? So I downloaded SPritze DB 17, read a few more posts, and found out it doesn't work with 18 and everyone is looking for the 16 version? So, if I have this right (my head hurts, lol) then it probably is best to wait for Spritze to put out his ver 18 in a few months once the dust settles?
If he puts out that version 18 in a few months. He's worked extremely hard over the last year or so to get the Negro Leagues and the full minor leagues up and running in the game, plus he still has all the bugs that will surface as more and more people start to use them. The version 17 one is very well done, it just has the draft issue so yes you have to make the default database your main database and then pull the guys in from Spritze 17 that you want to use. As noted above, some of the guys in Spritze 17 work absolutely splendidly and some do not even when importing. It seems the guys with more complicated player IDs tend to have issues with importing, but there are plenty of extra players in there to work with.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:59 PM   #142
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
If he puts out that version 18 in a few months. He's worked extremely hard over the last year or so to get the Negro Leagues and the full minor leagues up and running in the game, plus he still has all the bugs that will surface as more and more people start to use them. The version 17 one is very well done, it just has the draft issue so yes you have to make the default database your main database and then pull the guys in from Spritze 17 that you want to use. As noted above, some of the guys in Spritze 17 work absolutely splendidly and some do not even when importing. It seems the guys with more complicated player IDs tend to have issues with importing, but there are plenty of extra players in there to work with.
Yeah, I can see he's pretty hard at work by reading all the posts. I did read that the reason some of the players aren't working is because their id's aren't compatible. I'll just create a batch file from his cvs and import a couple a year. Thanks bro.
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:15 PM   #143
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

I tried manually drafting Spot Poles (poles000spo) and Biz Mackey (mackey001biz) from the Spritze OOTP17 High School DB with no luck. This was after I added it to the default DB as per "Actions" suggestion.

Frustration is setting in but I think now what I will do is to go ahead and start another league without the Spritze DB. I can manually draft Negro and other minor league players from the default MiLB DB and everything should be swell. Only thing missing will be some great Asian players from the past.
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:27 PM   #144
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad5000 View Post
Yeah, I can see he's pretty hard at work by reading all the posts. I did read that the reason some of the players aren't working is because their id's aren't compatible. I'll just create a batch file from his cvs and import a couple a year. Thanks bro.
Is it an involved process to do this?
Old 03-30-2017, 09:28 PM   #145
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
I tried manually drafting Spot Poles (poles000spo) and Biz Mackey (mackey001biz) from the Spritze OOTP17 High School DB with no luck. This was after I added it to the default DB as per "Actions" suggestion.

Frustration is setting in but I think now what I will do is to go ahead and start another league without the Spritze DB. I can manually draft Negro and other minor league players from the default MiLB DB and everything should be swell. Only thing missing will be some great Asian players from the past.
Use polessp00 for Spot Poles and mackebi00 for Biz Mackey. I think you'll like what you see. As I've said here and elsewhere, for some reason the game is barfing on the more complicated (non-standard Lahman form) player IDs, but if you can find the simpler (first five letters of last name, followed by first two letters of first name, followed by two digit numeric code) player ID, you're good as gold.

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-30-2017 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:33 PM   #146
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Use polessp00 for Spot Poles and mackebi00 for Biz Mackey. I think you'll like what you see. As I've said here and elsewhere, for some reason the game is barfing on the more complicated (non-standard Lahman form) player IDs, but if you can find the simpler (first five letters of last name, followed by first two letters of first name, followed by two digit numeric code), your good as gold.
...And here they are from the SpritzeHSforOOTP17 database.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-30-2017 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:23 PM   #147
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
IDK, never tried it before. LOL. If there is a way to import more than one player at a time I'd like to know it. I figured I'd make my own txt file with the players I want and then pick a couple a year. This is for my current fictional league (with real random historical players) that has run from 1901-1957 so far.

In my next league I'm going to create a fictional league (1901 with historical minors) with real players but then use Spritzes DB to import any non mlbers (negro league, etc) according to their debut year in the DB.

If they ever figure out how to let these guys randomly debut then I would go down that road. It's my favorite way to play.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:36 PM   #148
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Since I can't sleep due to "too much vitamin D" according to my granddaughter(sunburn) I'll see if I can't clear some easy things up.
1) the Spritze ID's do not match the in game ID's except by accident, many are the same, many are not. I plan to same them when I make a new db.
2) Neutralized stats only allow you to use MLB players, no minors nor negros.
3) with the color barrier off most Negro players do not appear in the MLB and those that do probably won't meet your expectations
4) with the color barrier on most negros will play in the NeL or not at all.
5) the older Spritze db is missing the new column in the Master and the three new ones in fielding. Batting and Pitching match the OOTP18 format. I do not know how this affects Spritze in OOTP18.
6) you really cannot mix and match databases and game modes. You will need to make a choice of the bits that are designed to work together.

Real Stats MLB Only
Real Stats MLB Only with Random
Newt Stats MLB Only
Newt Stats MLB Only with Random
Spritze Stats replacing MLB and some MiLB and some Asian and Negro added
Spritze Stats as above with Random
Real Stats with Real Minors which includes Negro Leagues

I think that is it. Other combos will fail.

You can use BigRods importer to add players or full teams to Real Stats or Spritze

I sure don't get why a star that is 23 million miles away chooses to pick on me here to give me a radiation burn. In the pacific northwest I could be outside for a full year day and night and not get burned, not even when I lived near Hanford.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:36 AM   #149
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
Ok, I tried to import Cool Papa bell and Oscar Charleston together in to my FA pool but only Charleston went through so I imported bell by himself. Both showed complete real time stats but Charlestons Rankings are terrible. Cool Papa looks good. My format for the txt file must be off. Missing commas maybe? IDK. Here is how my txt file looks. Any corrections needed?

bellco99,1922
charlos00,1915

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...1&d=1490938555
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...1&d=1490938555
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-31-2017, 01:57 AM   #150
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
I believe Bigrod put out a tool that allows for batch importing of historical players. Check this thread here for more details. I've never used it, so I can't speak to its effectiveness. You can also create a text file outside the game and batch import players that way. The "Available Actions" box where the "Import Historical Player(s)" tool is in game is located both on the free agents page and on the draft pool page (only available between the time the draft pool is announced and the actual draft itself obviously), so players can be imported as free agents or to go into the draft - it's up to you.
Can't get the link to work.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:34 AM   #151
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Well, looking more in to why Oscar Charlestons potential was so awful, I discovered that the rating was my scouts. The OSA ratings are much higher. I can't believe there is such a large discrepancy. I only discovered this because I simmed one day and Charleston was signed right away when Bell wasn't. Weird.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...1&d=1490942064
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-31-2017, 01:37 PM   #152
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Remember too to look at the injury proneness of any player that you import from any database that's outside of the one you use for your amateur drafts. They all come in quite injury prone. You may want to tone it down a bit via the editor. Don't turn them into iron men, but just turn down the injury ratings a bit because they're quite high for players who are imported.

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-31-2017 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:05 PM   #153
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

What are the best scouting and coaching settings to use?
Old 03-31-2017, 03:38 PM   #154
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm the wrong person to ask as I don't use either in my games. Anyone else?
Old 03-31-2017, 03:46 PM   #155
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
Personal preference, really. I have scouts and coaching turned on. As a GM I control all signings, contracts, and player movement. But I let my managers at all levels pick lineups and strategies. If they screw up I can always fire them. LOL. I have the more famous players turned in to coaches at retirement because I think it's cool to see them have a post player career. That's just me. Even the players that made the HOF unexpectedly.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:04 PM   #156
4maddux_cy's
All Star Starter

I am in 1900 in my world right now and there just isn't enough players around the league at the moment. Who are some guys I should look at importing into my game from either Negro Leagues or any other? I am just lost when it comes to that era.
4maddux_cy's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 05:53 PM   #157
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4maddux_cy's View Post
I am in 1900 in my world right now and there just isn't enough players around the league at the moment. Who are some guys I should look at importing into my game from either Negro Leagues or any other? I am just lost when it comes to that era.
Here's a great resource: http://research.sabr.org/journals/bl...9th-c-baseball

Part of the issue is that a lot of the more 'known' names primarily came around the 1915-1930 era range.
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:05 PM   #158
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

see this post:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...3&postcount=24
the little file there lists all the Negro League players in the game. you can look into the file and find players from whatever era you need. I've gotten most to import. A few i've had problems with when i'm in some games. you can see what players are available and then look at Seamheads or Baseball reference to find BA or pitching data. (The list is just name, years and player ids.)
hope this helps
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 03-31-2017 at 06:07 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 12:14 AM   #159
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
I just discovered that my scouting is set to normal under the global settings. When I switched it to 100% accurate the scouting reports match OSA scouting for the players. That caused the discrepancy between the two. Another variable in the game that makes it fun to play.