Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-01-2014, 01:10 PM   #201
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it'd be nice to have split-season standings for the split-season leagues. The game currently only shows the first place teams for the first and second half standings, but there's no way for me to know how many games back the 2nd place team is in the second half of the season this way. IMO, the overall standings page should clear after the first half of the season is over and the first half winners should be listed in a separate standings table.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Operation Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:45 PM   #202
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

These are IMO big problems.
Attached Images
Image Image 
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:02 AM   #203
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

It would be nice if the import date for players in non-draft historical leagues could be customized; since it was moved from the first day of the preseason to the end of the playoffs in OOTP 12 (if memory serves) it's been causing havoc with player birth years. This used to be one of my favorite ways to play the game; I'd love to be able to do it again without having to edit the birth year of every single player.
tayloraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:06 PM   #204
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Another double-header issue that's been around awhile but just ran into...

In the first game of the double-header, Boston shutout Baltimore, and the news story for the Boston pitcher that threw the shutout was fine. But in the second game, Baltimore's Don Mossi shutout Boston, and while the text of the story was OK, the headline was "Mossi Struts Stuff in Boston Win". I'm assuming the winning team in the story was pulled from the first game of the DH. Not a huge deal and mostly cosmetic, but it's just another example of how OOTP needs a few tweaks to better handle doubleheaders.

Thanks!
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:04 PM   #205
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

It would be nice if we received an email regarding any player within my organization who has either been injured, or is ready to be re-activated from the DL.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:51 PM   #206
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
It would be nice if we received an email regarding any player within my organization who has either been injured, or is ready to be re-activated from the DL.
You can get this. Recieve all notifications. Control promotions and minor league lineups yourself not have the AI do it.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #207
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

What is the problem with that news story above? The manager injury one?

I don't see a problem. (I don't really see a problem with the first one either, but I at least understand what the complaint is.)

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:53 AM   #208
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
You can get this. Recieve all notifications. Control promotions and minor league lineups yourself not have the AI do it.
But you do not receive emails...and should.

And even doing do, you are NOT modified when minor league players are ready to come off the DL

Last edited by PSUColonel; 02-11-2014 at 12:55 AM.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:57 AM   #209
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
What is the problem with that news story above? The manager injury one?

I don't see a problem. (I don't really see a problem with the first one either, but I at least understand what the complaint is.)
First story: player was traded by me just a few days prior to claiming him off waivers,

Second story...player was injured in off season...in a game.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:06 AM   #210
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
First story: player was traded by me just a few days prior to claiming him off waivers,

why did you claim him off waiver then?. team acquires player, but does not want to waste a 40-man spot on them so they put through waiver... happens in RL...

2nd one it doesn't say it was a ML game, could have been winter league,,, but i see your point

Last edited by le receveur; 02-11-2014 at 01:07 AM.
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:32 AM   #211
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by le receveur View Post
why did you claim him off waiver then?. team acquires player, but does not want to waste a 40-man spot on them so they put through waiver... happens in RL...

2nd one it doesn't say it was a ML game, could have been winter league,,, but i see your point
The first is still an issue...should I be permitted to claim the player? Why did another team not get aggressive in claiming him? Why would you trade for a player only to give him right back to me? I mean, why wouldn't I claim him back?

It's an AI issue
Old 02-11-2014, 01:38 AM   #212
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Why would you trade for a player only to give him right back to me?
It's an AI issue

It is an ai issue, agreed. But the ai is never going to be perfect and in this specific situation you're asking too much of it.

When you swing a three for one trade giving the ai the three guys, something's got to give. The ai just isn't that great at roster management and sending it three guys to add to its 40 man is going to cause havoc, like it or not.

The best thing you could do in this situation is to refrain from taking advantage of the ai in 3 for 1 trades, especially if you're sending 3 guys on the 40 man it's way.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:41 AM   #213
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Second story...player was injured in off season...in a game.
It's a known bug that the conditions for the storylines do not work correctly. So yeah it's not good, but there have been quite a few instances brought up of even more absurd stuff than this. Hopefully this will get fixed.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:52 AM   #214
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
The first is still an issue...should I be permitted to claim the player? Why did another team not get aggressive in claiming him? Why would you trade for a player only to give him right back to me? I mean, why wouldn't I claim him back?

It's an AI issue
of course you are permitted. team regularly claim players who they had parted from before. could AI do a better job, for sure...and yes claiming by other AI is a weakness...

Jays last year traded for Jeremy Jeffress (trade for cash). First opportunity they had they waived him, which means KC could have gotten him back.. you acquire the player, in hope everyone else will have a roster crunch, and not be able to claim him when you try and waive him (i am assuming player was out of options... if not it would be bad)
Old 02-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #215
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Coaches are getting some love in v15 with the ability to offer jobs before firing the incumbent.

Would be also good to have a single screen to see all coaches in your organization so you can get the overall picture. I don't usually play in leagues with coaching but this type of think would increase the likelihood of my doing so.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:20 AM   #216
landru22
Major Leagues

Closer Rarely, If Ever, Makes ASG

I'm sorry if this was addressed already in this thread (I'm admittedly too lazy to read through the whole thing) but I've always believed something was wrong with the ASG selections for the Closer position. It seems that the AI almost never picks my closer, who btw is a few saves away from being the all-time saves leader in my league, for the All-Star Game. He's been in the Majors for almost 18 years, has amassed 633 saves, and has a lifetime ERA of 2.57. Granted, he hasn't often led the league in saves, but I really think he deserved to be an all-star more than once.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:34 PM   #217
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
Coaches are getting some love in v15 with the ability to offer jobs before firing the incumbent.

Would be also good to have a single screen to see all coaches in your organization so you can get the overall picture. I don't usually play in leagues with coaching but this type of think would increase the likelihood of my doing so.
I was able to make a Filter that shows me all Personnel in my organization on one page (had to specify each team name). This is a good first step BUT under the 'columns to display' when you go to customize the view the Contract Status info 'Salary' and 'Duration Left' are not available to be selected.

If the contract fields were available in the 'Customize View' we could have a single page to see all personnel in an organization.

This would be an adequate workaround for me but you would till have to customize the filter for each organization so the idea of a 'Personnel Page' still would be better.

Also, if there were a way to select, with a filter, all players/personnel in an organization then that would be a step in the right direction.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:50 PM   #218
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
I'm sorry if this was addressed already in this thread (I'm admittedly too lazy to read through the whole thing) but I've always believed something was wrong with the ASG selections for the Closer position. It seems that the AI almost never picks my closer, who btw is a few saves away from being the all-time saves leader in my league, for the All-Star Game. He's been in the Majors for almost 18 years, has amassed 633 saves, and has a lifetime ERA of 2.57. Granted, he hasn't often led the league in saves, but I really think he deserved to be an all-star more than once.
agreed that's a bug. he wasn't picked in my ASG either
Old 02-15-2014, 09:26 PM   #219
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
The AI looks at more than just saves, so consistently having 18 saves by the all star break doesn't make you a consistent all star.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #220
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Pitching Roles...especially 'stopper'

Pitching Roles. I think the 'stopper' was added in v13 (maybe) but it is only available based on the what years the league is based. It was put in for historical leagues I believe.

I would like to see the 'stopper' available for all years. You don't have to use it but I'd like to see it available in league well into the future.