Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-12-2019, 10:47 PM   #81
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Be sure to vote early and often in the "should defensive training carry over to tournaments" poll in the stickied threads.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:49 PM   #82
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Be sure to vote early and often in the "should defensive training carry over to tournaments" poll in the stickied threads.

I like it the way it is. I'll head over and do that.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:58 PM   #83
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Same. Nice to need to make some decisions instead of just seeing teams playing the same players all over the place

ozzie smith anywhere other than shortstop is a disgrace

Last edited by dkgo; 11-12-2019 at 10:59 PM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:03 PM   #84
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

I voted for training. I think it's more interesting that way.

The problem I see is how to get cards trained without undercutting your main PT team.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:06 AM   #85
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I don't see why you can't have both kinds of tournaments, just like DH, no-DH, training, no training. Someone on discord quipped "They can't figure out how to carry the training over", so they're gonna have a poll and announce the winner is: keep it the way it is!
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:06 AM   #86
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

Just blew a 2-0 lead in a best-of-five series that would have guaranteed me a prize had I won.

These tournaments are bad for my blood pressure.

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:19 AM   #87
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
I voted for training. I think it's more interesting that way.

The problem I see is how to get cards trained without undercutting your main PT team.
One thing to note, even if defensive training is used, it may be outdated because we only store training progress on the servers on Monday. So, when you train a player from Tuesday to Wednesday, and enter a tournament on Thursday, there will be no training carrying over no matter what.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:20 AM   #88
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I don't see why you can't have both kinds of tournaments, just like DH, no-DH, training, no training. Someone on discord quipped "They can't figure out how to carry the training over", so they're gonna have a poll and announce the winner is: keep it the way it is!
Well, we can have trainig carry over easily, but with the limitation I posted a minute ago

And having training / no training tournaments is really just confusing. We have enough options / variations already.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:04 AM   #89
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
One thing to note, even if defensive training is used, it may be outdated because we only store training progress on the servers on Monday. So, when you train a player from Tuesday to Wednesday, and enter a tournament on Thursday, there will be no training carrying over no matter what.
Good to know. I think a lot of people already train their cards over a fairly lengthy term (a few days or a week) so this might not be that big of a drawback. And if the schedule/process is at least predictable, we'd be able to work with it.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:26 AM   #90
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Managed to win a silver live daily, going 20-6 in the process, got mookie in the pack, oh well he'll fit in my live open team

on my 3rd team i've been able to submit almost my full team (only have 6 diamonds) to a gold historical tournament so hopefully it'll go well as the team is in Perfect League (the fact that i've done the negro league collection and have Dihigo and others with multiple positions is a huge help, i expect the price of those cards to rise)

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:45 AM   #91
SF_49er
Minors (Single A)

2nd Place

Thank god, i reached second place in "Quick Super Big Bronze #0", to reach first place was not my intention. Why?

Because of this:

Price for first place: one diamond pack
Price for second place: four regular packs!

And what kind of cards were inside?

1x Diamond
2x Gold
2x Silver
12x Bronze
7x Iron

I think second place becomes the top price for me
SF_49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:04 AM   #92
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

I'm ambivalent towards training. I like how training gives us more interesting and flexible roster creation options, but I also like how no training forces us to make more difficult choices while adding value to cards that do showcase positional versatility in their initial ratings.

If I had my druthers, I would probably opt for no training but with smaller penalties for players playing out of their more natural positions. This would be more fair in my opinion as it would return the game to a state of every iteration of a specific card would have the same value, worth, and utility, while acknowledging that players can adapt.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:48 AM   #93
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Me too, get rid of the defensive training all together, I say

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:05 AM   #94
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Damn, lost a 64-team gold tourney in the finals after leading the series 3-0. Womp, womp.

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:10 AM   #95
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I hope the developers understand that a poll where one person can vote an unlimited number of times is worthless..
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:22 AM   #96
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Maybe training should become a separate part of the game.

You have a SS that you want to play at 2B...

You train him at 2B out on the practice field in a separate part of the game. It costs you 320 (more or less) training hours... You get whatever results and your player card is forever changed for it...maybe it's just an in-game right-click "Train player at __ for ___ hours", and you get a limited number of hours per [timeframe] to use with your whole team. Then of course when you auction that card it shows it's current defensive abilities based on the training.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 11-13-2019 at 11:50 AM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:33 AM   #97
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I hope the developers understand that a poll where one person can vote an unlimited number of times is worthless..

Agree. Just whomever has the most time to click over and over.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:24 PM   #98
Argonaut
All Star Starter

I voted for training (once). A lot of my long-term players have been playing their new positions so long I'd forgotten that they were originally something else. John Henry Lloyd at 2B, Hugh Duffy at LF, Ken Griffey Jr. at RF, etc.

As is they've been in tournaments with presumably no position rating. Managed to get a couple of 2nd place finishes though, haha.

For PT 3.0 there should be some sort of minor league system (maybe 1 AAA team) where you can train up your unused players for a variety of tournaments.

Last edited by Argonaut; 11-13-2019 at 12:27 PM. Reason: PT 3.0 suggestion
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:32 PM   #99
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post

For PT 3.0 there should be some sort of minor league system (maybe 1 AAA team) where you can train up your unused players for a variety of tournaments.
maybe just 8 position slots on the reserve roster (one for each position in the field) that you can slide a player into and they gain experience at that position at the same rate they would if they were playing on the active roster.... sort of like spring training/AAA team, but just not require actual games to sim for it.... just a thought....
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:58 PM   #100
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
I voted for training (once). A lot of my long-term players have been playing their new positions so long I'd forgotten that they were originally something else. John Henry Lloyd at 2B, Hugh Duffy at LF, Ken Griffey Jr. at RF, etc.

As is they've been in tournaments with presumably no position rating. Managed to get a couple of 2nd place finishes though, haha.

Which Jr.? I voted for training. Spent a ton of PP under the assumption that we could train.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote