Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.8 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2019, 09:15 PM   #241
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 5,290
Thanks: 7,694
Thanked 3,174x in 1,953 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
here are the draft values in the database. they bear no apparent relationship to your numbers.
These are actually directly from the Master.csv file that came with my game. I looked them up, and copied them myself. I thank ye if these be correct, but the fact is that I was first made aware of the issue by someone who had a draft where Ted Williams (1060 DV in the Master.csv file in the stats folder) was taken sixth behind Mark Teixeira (3931), Ruben Sierra (3121), Mike Scott (2142), Sergio Romo (1315), and Jeremy Bonderman (1307). This draft was done with the "Use Pre-Defined Draft Value" box checked. That's what began this investigation. I wouldn't have bothered had I not seen that.
__________________
"Tests have shown that suspicious or hostile
Their lives need not be shortened
Truth be told, they can live a long, long while
Tickled to death by their importance...

He said, you made me scared too, I wasn't sure I was getting through
I gotta go
It's been a pleasure doing business with you"

- RIP Gord Downie (The Tragically Hip) February 6th, 1964 - October 17th, 2017
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:26 PM   #242
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 5,290
Thanks: 7,694
Thanked 3,174x in 1,953 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
here are the draft values in the database. they bear no apparent relationship to your numbers.
Also, there are 16,383 players in your draft values zip file, while there are 19,430 players in the Master.csv file. I'm guessing (not going to assume because I know what that means) that means that there are a little over 3,000 players with no draft values, probably due to the fact that they played a wee bit more than poor ole Moonlight Graham. Is that right? Not trying to be a pest. Just trying to get a handle on things here.
__________________
"Tests have shown that suspicious or hostile
Their lives need not be shortened
Truth be told, they can live a long, long while
Tickled to death by their importance...

He said, you made me scared too, I wasn't sure I was getting through
I gotta go
It's been a pleasure doing business with you"

- RIP Gord Downie (The Tragically Hip) February 6th, 1964 - October 17th, 2017
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:38 PM   #243
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar
 
Spritze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bothell Wa
Posts: 7,233
Thanks: 335
Thanked 3,262x in 1,925 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Also, there are 16,383 players in your draft values zip file, while there are 19,430 players in the Master.csv file. I'm guessing (not going to assume because I know what that means) that means that there are a little over 3,000 players with no draft values, probably due to the fact that they played a wee bit more than poor ole Moonlight Graham. Is that right? Not trying to be a pest. Just trying to get a handle on things here.
there are 181 people in the master without draft values because they did not play in the major leagues. negro leaguers, managers etc.
__________________
It's madness, madness, I tell you! For the love of God, don't do it!
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
actionjackson (11-08-2019)
Old 11-07-2019, 11:45 PM   #244
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar
 
Spritze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bothell Wa
Posts: 7,233
Thanks: 335
Thanked 3,262x in 1,925 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
These are actually directly from the Master.csv file that came with my game. I looked them up, and copied them myself. I thank ye if these be correct, but the fact is that I was first made aware of the issue by someone who had a draft where Ted Williams (1060 DV in the Master.csv file in the stats folder) was taken sixth behind Mark Teixeira (3931), Ruben Sierra (3121), Mike Scott (2142), Sergio Romo (1315), and Jeremy Bonderman (1307). This draft was done with the "Use Pre-Defined Draft Value" box checked. That's what began this investigation. I wouldn't have bothered had I not seen that.
what is on the ootp website where files that have been updated are stored match the master.csv in my game. perhaps someone there used a very old copy from several years ago in a build by accident. unfortunately that is out of my hands. I would attach a copy of the correct master here but it is too big.
__________________
It's madness, madness, I tell you! For the love of God, don't do it!
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
actionjackson (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 01:23 AM   #245
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 5,290
Thanks: 7,694
Thanked 3,174x in 1,953 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
what is on the ootp website where files that have been updated are stored match the master.csv in my game. perhaps someone there used a very old copy from several years ago in a build by accident. unfortunately that is out of my hands. I would attach a copy of the correct master here but it is too big.
Not only is it in the Master.csv file though, it's also in the historical_database.odb file, which is what's causing the issue. Do I start a thread one level up, or in General Discussions to get this fixed? Thanks in advance.
__________________
"Tests have shown that suspicious or hostile
Their lives need not be shortened
Truth be told, they can live a long, long while
Tickled to death by their importance...

He said, you made me scared too, I wasn't sure I was getting through
I gotta go
It's been a pleasure doing business with you"

- RIP Gord Downie (The Tragically Hip) February 6th, 1964 - October 17th, 2017
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:32 AM   #246
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar
 
Spritze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bothell Wa
Posts: 7,233
Thanks: 335
Thanked 3,262x in 1,925 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Not only is it in the Master.csv file though, it's also in the historical_database.odb file, which is what's causing the issue. Do I start a thread one level up, or in General Discussions to get this fixed? Thanks in advance.
the odb file is compiled by the programmers from all the different csv's when they roll out a build - so yes one level up
__________________
It's madness, madness, I tell you! For the love of God, don't do it!
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
actionjackson (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 11:56 AM   #247
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 5,290
Thanks: 7,694
Thanked 3,174x in 1,953 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
the odb file is compiled by the programmers from all the different csv's when they roll out a build - so yes one level up
Thanks for your time and help sir.
__________________
"Tests have shown that suspicious or hostile
Their lives need not be shortened
Truth be told, they can live a long, long while
Tickled to death by their importance...

He said, you made me scared too, I wasn't sure I was getting through
I gotta go
It's been a pleasure doing business with you"

- RIP Gord Downie (The Tragically Hip) February 6th, 1964 - October 17th, 2017
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:29 PM   #248
dbl4868
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 52
Thanks: 1
Thanked 12x in 6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Willie Banks is probably on the reserve roster. "Historical lineups and transactions" is not the same as "historical 25-man rosters." For the latter, we would need accurate minor league transactions.

Orlando Hernandez is on the OD roster because he pitched only for NYY in 1998. He did pitch in the minor leagues before he made his debut on June 3. But, again, OOTP does not have minor league transaction data.
Thanks. I wish the replay would have as played 25 man rosters because I don't want Hernandez pitching until he actually pitched for the Yankees in 1998. And I cannot find anywhere on the internet that shows on a daily basis the 25 man rosters for 1998.
dbl4868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 12:00 AM   #249
Argonaut
All Star Reserve
 
Argonaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 842
Thanks: 396
Thanked 637x in 359 posts
Larry Walker is listed as American in the database. He was born in Canada and has always been referred to as one of the best ever Canadian baseball players. He may have picked up American citizenship during his time in Colorado and afterwards, but he's definitely a primary Canadian. He's even coached Canada in the WBC.

Hopefully this is fixed for OOTP21, and hopefully he'll be enshrined in the Hall of Fame!
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Spritze (11-19-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 01:51 AM   #250
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar
 
Spritze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bothell Wa
Posts: 7,233
Thanks: 335
Thanked 3,262x in 1,925 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Larry Walker is listed as American in the database. He was born in Canada and has always been referred to as one of the best ever Canadian baseball players. He may have picked up American citizenship during his time in Colorado and afterwards, but he's definitely a primary Canadian. He's even coached Canada in the WBC.

Hopefully this is fixed for OOTP21, and hopefully he'll be enshrined in the Hall of Fame!
Larry is in the database as a Canadian. maple ridge bc is probably not in the horribly incomplete world.dat file. nothing can be done about that. sorry
__________________
It's madness, madness, I tell you! For the love of God, don't do it!
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:52 AM   #251
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nice, Côte d'Azur, France
Posts: 12,163
Thanks: 19,000
Thanked 8,883x in 4,460 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Larry Walker is listed as American in the database. He was born in Canada and has always been referred to as one of the best ever Canadian baseball players. He may have picked up American citizenship during his time in Colorado and afterwards, but he's definitely a primary Canadian. He's even coached Canada in the WBC.

Hopefully this is fixed for OOTP21, and hopefully he'll be enshrined in the Hall of Fame!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Larry is in the database as a Canadian. maple ridge bc is probably not in the horribly incomplete world.dat file. nothing can be done about that. sorry
Maple Ridge is in the world db, so I do doubt that's the issue here. There must be something else going on. I think maybe the op is talking about the roster set, where Walker is just listed as a retired player and from the US. I fixed that now.
__________________


lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.


Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Argonaut (11-19-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 12:24 PM   #252
Argonaut
All Star Reserve
 
Argonaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 842
Thanks: 396
Thanked 637x in 359 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Maple Ridge is in the world db, so I do doubt that's the issue here. There must be something else going on. I think maybe the op is talking about the roster set, where Walker is just listed as a retired player and from the US. I fixed that now.
Thanks Lukas, that's what I meant. I don't know the difference between the database and the roster set.

I didn't check if Larry Walker was listed as Canadian when going into historical saves, but he did come up as American when voting for the Hall of Fame. If I recall correctly, he's listed as Canadian in Perfect Team so all is good there.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:25 PM   #253
dewelar
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 145
Thanks: 81
Thanked 37x in 32 posts
Another birth date issue: Henry Kessler (kesslhe01) is on the database with a DoB of 1847-5-5, which is how he's listed on the SABR website. However, both Baseball-Reference and Retrosheet show him with a DoB of 1851-7-27. Not sure which is the more updated datum, but thought it worth attention.
dewelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Spritze (11-21-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 06:00 PM   #254
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar
 
Spritze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bothell Wa
Posts: 7,233
Thanks: 335
Thanked 3,262x in 1,925 posts
when in doubt we don't use bbref as a source as they never bother to update information once it has been entered even once newer information becomes available
__________________
It's madness, madness, I tell you! For the love of God, don't do it!
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
dewelar (11-23-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 09:54 PM   #255
dewelar
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 145
Thanks: 81
Thanked 37x in 32 posts
That makes sense. I was more interested in the hierarchy of SABR v Retrosheet.
dewelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:56 AM   #256
Jamee999
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 762
Thanks: 796
Thanked 293x in 163 posts
Pete Donohue (donohpe01) is listed in-game as being from Athens, GA, but he was actually from Athens, TX.
Jamee999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Spritze (11-24-2019)
Old 11-24-2019, 05:51 PM   #257
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar
 
Spritze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bothell Wa
Posts: 7,233
Thanks: 335
Thanked 3,262x in 1,925 posts
this is yet another currently unfixable challenge with the world.dat file
__________________
It's madness, madness, I tell you! For the love of God, don't do it!
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Jamee999 (12-01-2019)
Old 11-25-2019, 10:43 AM   #258
dewelar
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 145
Thanks: 81
Thanked 37x in 32 posts
Next DoB issue is Choo Choo Coleman (colemch01). Currently on the database as 1937-8-25, listed on SABR (and Baseball-Reference) as 1935-8-25.
dewelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Spritze (12-01-2019)
Old 12-01-2019, 07:32 PM   #259
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar
 
Spritze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bothell Wa
Posts: 7,233
Thanks: 335
Thanked 3,262x in 1,925 posts
adjusted
__________________
It's madness, madness, I tell you! For the love of God, don't do it!
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
dewelar (12-03-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 07:33 PM   #260
Tom88
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Cracow
Posts: 62
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 3
Thanked 7x in 3 posts
Standard Game - Historical Awards
No awards - (American League Award Winners) - Cy Young Award - from 2004 and 2006 (Johan Santana). Relieve Of the Year - from the years from 2014 to 2018. And - (National League Award Winners) - Cy Young Award - from 2012 (R.A. Dickey). Rookie of the Year Award from 2000 (Rafael Furcal). Is it just me or everyone? And if everyone looks like that, what does this seemingly trivial mistake result from?


Tom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:48 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments