Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 03-30-2015, 05:18 PM   #261
majesty95
All Star Starter

Well, FWIW, although I'm sure almost everything is available somewhere, I'm sure most don't know about the wiki or how to find it. I've seen it so I'm not saying for me, but I couldn't tell you how to get to it without doing a search and then you'd still have to know it exists to lol for it. It is displayed or advertised somewhere prominently? Maybe their needs to be an FAQ posted in the main forum to point people in the right direction to make everyone's lives easier
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:43 PM   #262
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95 View Post
I'm kind of confused (it always happens with these databases lol).

On OOTP Mods it says Gambo/Spritze DB for OOTP 14 (Corrected). Is this Gambos DB with full minors and professional debut (not age 18) and correct actual stats so all records and such will be accurate when you import?

For some reason I always get confused by these on there. I wish there was an info tab that could highlight the basic info of the mod so you knew off the bat if it was what you are looking for.

EDIT: Oh, and you should use the "neutralize stats" option when using one of these DBs right?
With my databases (Gambo) you should always use neutralized. I have it set up so the real stats for players will show in game when you click on that tab.

Also, there is no "full minors" database. The custom databases have numerous players, minor leaguers, foreign players integrated into it. There will be more players for your minors but they are far from "full minors"

FYI, my databases are based off Spritze's numbers but my research but I haven't updated it since OOTP14 i believe. I'm not sure they will even work with OOTP15 or 16. I've resigned myself to sticking with Spritze's HS database and modifying it to my needs to last couple of versions.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:58 AM   #263
majesty95
All Star Starter

It still works. I updated it and imported it. I've just got 1200 minor league free agnents...
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:32 AM   #264
Nick Soulis
Hall Of Famer

Are there any new updates to the Spritze database planned for OOTP16 including the rookies from last season? The tools are great and I use them extensively, just wondering.
Nick Soulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:25 AM   #265
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Soulis View Post
Are there any new updates to the Spritze database planned for OOTP16 including the rookies from last season? The tools are great and I use them extensively, just wondering.
check here as all updates are in these posts.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3851642
Bigrod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:09 PM   #266
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

FWIW: I am planning on removing all the player/years in this database that are in the historical section of OOTP19 and adding many new ones currently omitted. I'll also update with the new fields like ethnicity and arm slots.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:36 PM   #267
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
FWIW: I am planning on removing all the player/years in this database that are in the historical section of OOTP19 and adding many new ones currently omitted. I'll also update with the new fields like ethnicity and arm slots.
hmmmm ......
that'd mean we couldn't just use your new database as the sole historical database for a league.
if the new one was just "others" .... i'd still be able to make my quirky world spin, if it came with a .csv file with player IDs.
would need to see it to know what was in/out of the database, or if i'd need to point to something besides Spritze when importing players .... ???? guess i'll find out "und" figure out how to progress when it appears.
Makes sense, really, if many players are already in the game database to purge them from yours. Would cut down on the size of your database.
any idea about when this would be released? hoping it's progressing nicely and all is well.
Of course, it will finally contain the supermodels, won't it?
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 03-27-2018 at 08:12 PM. Reason: rereading post above
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 02:39 PM   #268
Mister_G
All Star Reserve

Bumping an old thread, and I'm sorry if this has already been answered but I've had lots of trouble utilizing this correctly in the past.

My ultimate goal is to use real players in a fictional universe with fictional teams including minors, and having these real players appear in the draft or free agent pool at the appropriate time so that they are able to develop in the minors first.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to assemble draft classes (I might want to take a few players out here and there) and import them to accomplish this?

I have attempted this feat in past years and every time I do I run into a problem such as duplicate players, out of wack ratings, missing players, wrong years, weird ages etc.

Any help with any of this idea would be appreciated! I don't even remember what folder to put the database in anymore!

@MisterG90
Mister_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 12:20 PM   #269
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_G View Post
Bumping an old thread, and I'm sorry if this has already been answered but I've had lots of trouble utilizing this correctly in the past.

My ultimate goal is to use real players in a fictional universe with fictional teams including minors, and having these real players appear in the draft or free agent pool at the appropriate time so that they are able to develop in the minors first.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to assemble draft classes (I might want to take a few players out here and there) and import them to accomplish this?

I have attempted this feat in past years and every time I do I run into a problem such as duplicate players, out of wack ratings, missing players, wrong years, weird ages etc.

Any help with any of this idea would be appreciated! I don't even remember what folder to put the database in anymore!
I don't use Spritze as my primary DB, so I may not be the best person to ask, but I am the one with his DBs in my signature, so...

Are you trying to import a few Spritzies into a draft class, or do you want entire draft classes of them? If it's a few, that's what I do. I use the main game database in my Historical Random Debut games, and import a few guys from the Spritze DB for every draft class. I use the Spritze 18 Master.csv file to look guys up, because it's more comprehensive than the 19 one, that's really just a list.

I can import from either database, by nestling the Spritze DBs within my stats folder, and pointing to whichever one I want from within the game. By default, the game is set to import guys from the default DB, and then I use the Historical Player import tool, to sprinkle in a couple of Spritze guys per draft class. I don't like putting too many in, but YMMV.

You would get the ID number from the Spritze Master. In there, it will also tell you the debut year. In RD games, players usually debut a year before they did IRL, so I have to bring them in two years before their actual RL debut. This happens, because my draft is in November, and they won't debut until the following April, which burns one year, and then I give them that second year, to set them up for debut at the same time as my regular DB guys debut.

I hope that helps. I may not have understood your question though, so let's keep trying, until we get it right.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote