Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-06-2020, 05:33 AM   #181
azepeda
Minors (Double A)

Prospect Lists

I would like to be able to see larger list sizes going from Top 100 to Top 200 prospects list and a top 40 list for each team.
azepeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:16 PM   #182
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Someone mentioned that a lot of these requests are rather particular to customization etc...and after reading through these, I can see what they meant. And it is always cool to get some of those worked-in if possible.

I have already mentioned that I want to see continued work on the AI and 3D, but I also think the text in the trade screens, and player negotiations needs to be updated / upgraded and expanded; it is more optics than anything, but I see the lack of variation etc...causing some questions at times in the forums.

-Cal

Last edited by Calvert98; 01-14-2020 at 04:59 PM. Reason: typo
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:12 PM   #183
jleddy
Bat Boy

Removing Houston's 1st and 2nd rounders in the next two drafts.

These are a few of my favorite things: The four-out save, infield shifts, the smell of pine tar, scoring from first, .406, high stirrups, scrappy middle infielders, Graig Kreindler paintings of pre-WWII players, first-edition Bill James Baseball Abstracts, the strike-'em-out-throw-'em-out double play, Vin Scully, heat maps, the double switch, Rollie Fingers' mustache, Al Hrabosky's grunt, U.L. Washington's toothpick, the lost art of catcher framing, 1987 Topps, the Green Monster...
jleddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:51 PM   #184
rpf515
Bat Boy

Lightbulb tournament qualification & MiLB affiliate changing

I may be super late to this but I think a great idea would be to introduce qualification for tournaments like WBC and the Olympics. In every game I start, spend a good couple hours setting up the WBCQ and then end up switching entries manually.

Also, maybe introduce a way to switch affiliates between franchises. Like setting Syracuse to the Yankees and Scranton to the Mets or something.

Also, add a way to create a minor league system for expansion teams that is not automatically putting 2 affiliates in the same league (i.e. NY-Penn getting 4 new teams for 2 expansion franchises). I'd like to be able to add a team like Edmonton to the PCL without having to move an automatically created team from the IL.

Finally... UNIFORM NUMBER TAB ON INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!

Edit - Also, maybe add a way for organizational players to play in winter leagues without having to leave their original team. This would allow for Latin winter leagues and a better version of the Australian Baseball League.

Last edited by rpf515; 01-13-2020 at 09:54 PM.
rpf515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:07 AM   #185
zappa1
All Star Starter

In the players history section I would like to see noted that players first major league hit (single, double, etc...) and the pitcher he hit it off of. Same with his first homerun.
Can also have firsts for pitchers. First major league win, for example. Don't need to go overboard on this, just the major advents would be nice.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 08:13 AM   #186
aquapong
Major Leagues

Trash can schemes and option to juice your players. Also random drug tests.
aquapong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:54 PM   #187
Supermercado
Minors (Triple A)

An option to include historical minor players in random debut mode. The trade off would probably have to be dumping everybody into the free agent pool at the start of the year and having all the teams battle for free agents (unless you're running a draft in your league), but if you're already doing random debut you'll probably be able to overlook that. I certainly would.

I think this would be a big win for historical debut, especially if you wanted to run lower quality leagues alongside MLB.
Supermercado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:59 PM   #188
discodude5
Major Leagues

Important game or milestone moment.

When using real time sim or simming ahead one or more days the game should automatically pause and inform us of something important about to happen. Only if we have this on of course.
Things we might want to see, like a possible no hitter, cycle, pitcher has x amount of strikeouts, hitter has chance for 500th hr, 3000th hit or maybe other criteria we can set it to stop for.

Previous versions used to have something like this for no hitters and possibly other things.
discodude5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 06:21 PM   #189
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Audio PBP.

That is, Audio PBP similar to Tony La Russa Baseball 3: 1996 Edition

I never thought I would say this for short-term wants, but yesterday I stumbled across this video in a baseball recommendation.

Here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVF8xLHkh_A

Really does hold-up well. Mel Allen was the announcer. When I saw that video, my first thought was OOTP.

A couple respected announcers retired in the last few years like Joe Angel and Fred Manfra, who used to co-call the games together for Baltimore, and it would be great to get a team like that to do the PBP.

I know this is an aspirational wish, which seems odd after I mentioned that I want OOTP to focus on the big three....the AI, 3D, and game engine, but hey, perhaps in a future version.

-Cal
Old 01-19-2020, 10:12 AM   #190
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
In the modern view the "scoring updates" box was taken off of the top of the "out of town scores" widget. Please either put it back or maybe better yet make it it's own widget.

I never used it until v18 and it quickly became one of my favorite things in OOTP. Being able to see all types of things in real time adds so much immersion to one's league. My only old screenshot from v18 only shows simple scoring but all kinds of info comes up in this box in real time. There are too many things to list that this box can show...here's just a few...

of course all scoring in real time
Player X just hit his 3rd homer of the day
No hitter in progress at the start of the 6th inning
Player B just struck out his 15th batter
and it goes on and on.

Left out of v19 and XX.
Hopefully this makes a return for v21.
Attached Images
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:43 PM   #191
rhantman
Bat Boy

Cool Suggestion for OOTP 21

In the transactions "=", I would like to see a drop down added with contract and options used information.
rhantman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:48 PM   #192
RedSky
Bat Boy

An option to offer a restructured contract.
RedSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:56 AM   #193
justtxyank
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Editing/importing historical manager/coach history.

Hate playing 96 historical game and having a bunch of fictional coaches. You can go through and create a bunch of them and turn retired guys into coaches, but they won't have their history, so you start in 96, create Buck Showalter and he's never "managed" before in game.
justtxyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:44 PM   #194
jasg224
Major Leagues

- More options for schedules, such as being able to make it so that games are only played on weekends. Maybe we can have the "Typical season length" option for leagues as well.

Also it would be great to be able to combine this to schedule tournaments that run alongisde the regular season, like the Champions League.

- For European leagues have an option for Non-EU players limit as well as foreign player limit

- Be able to set a salary cap for each individual team (like La Liga IRL)

- Have a way to set up the Mexican Winter League where players return to the same team each season and the teams make trades between them instead of having to manually select the roster each time. I'm assuming this is the way the other winter leagues in Latin America work. With this we should also be able to set up the Caribbean Series.
Old 01-26-2020, 06:21 AM   #195
Hkim
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
Audio PBP.

That is, Audio PBP similar to Tony La Russa Baseball 3: 1996 Edition

I never thought I would say this for short-term wants, but yesterday I stumbled across this video in a baseball recommendation.

Here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVF8xLHkh_A

Really does hold-up well. Mel Allen was the announcer. When I saw that video, my first thought was OOTP.

A couple respected announcers retired in the last few years like Joe Angel and Fred Manfra, who used to co-call the games together for Baltimore, and it would be great to get a team like that to do the PBP.

I know this is an aspirational wish, which seems odd after I mentioned that I want OOTP to focus on the big three....the AI, 3D, and game engine, but hey, perhaps in a future version.

-Cal

I agree. This seems pretty doable. I listen to the computerized voice, but it's just not the same.

I'd be okay if it were an unknown voice actor that could do a decent job if it's a matter of cost. To me, I think this just adds a level of immersion, which I feel ties in to the 3D stuff.

Last edited by Hkim; 01-26-2020 at 06:23 AM.
Hkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:07 AM   #196
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkim View Post
I agree. This seems pretty doable. I listen to the computerized voice, but it's just not the same.

I'd be okay if it were an unknown voice actor that could do a decent job if it's a matter of cost. To me, I think this just adds a level of immersion, which I feel ties in to the 3D stuff.
Agreed.

I was thinking more about this, and probably should start an individual thread. Anyway, I looked into the audio PBP a bit more and what occurred to me is that the reason Tommy L's Audio PBP seems to work better, is that in MLB the Show for example, one “quip” / color comment was I think repeated 7 times in a span of 5 minutes at the pace of play in the stream.

However Tommy L’s PBP, stuck with the game’s PBP; what is actually occurring in-game per at-bat. So, basically just the actual PBP, and every so often the Player ID (I.E. "Up now is Jones, he is batting 255 etc...", or "he doubled in his last at bat..."), appears to get around that MLB Show problem.

Where does color commentary seem to work in computer sports game at this point? At the beginning of the game, with the team record etc…,and at the end of the game, a simple comment on the results.

Anyway, that is just my take.

-Cal

Last edited by Calvert98; 01-27-2020 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:45 AM   #197
trostol
Bat Boy

team info such as average age for each team
ability to appeal suspensions
larger font size
trostol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 07:43 PM   #198
zappa1
All Star Starter

Here is something that's been bothering me. Every once in awhile my game freezes and I can't do anything but kill the computer and restart it. It's never been found as to why it happens, but it does. If at all possible, I would like the game to resume from the point of the freeze instead of me having to replay the whole game. I've seen many games that resume where they were interrupted by something and pick up from that spot. Frustrating when your winning 4-0 in the 7th and it just freezes. Sucks even.
Old 02-02-2020, 05:24 AM   #199
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

I’d like to have an option for OOTP to not delete any retired players at all. In the current game, there’s an option to delete retired players who never played in the majors, but even if this is unchecked, they still delete those without any stats at all (they only keep them in if they have minors stats). This is mostly for random debut leagues, those without any stats are deleted and recycled into the draft pools and eventually water down the drafts as they show up later in them.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 02:44 PM   #200
zappa1
All Star Starter

I have another suggestion. It's with the baseball cards. I'd like to be able to use any font that I have in my font folder not just the 2 or 3 fonts that can be used. I know this will never happen, but asking anyway. Maybe this is a reason people don't make cards anymore. It's a shame.