Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-10-2019, 02:58 PM   #121
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

How Sweep it is!

The YakAnglers sweep the Portobello Pirates and finally give up a run in the bottom of the 9th inning. Spud Chandler scatters 10 hits and gives up the only run allowed in the series.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:13 PM   #122
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Thanks to a 9th-inning homer by Ken Griffey Jr off Joe Nathan, Huntley wins game 4, 4-3, and defeats the Miami Jeters, 3 games to 1. It's on to the Sub-League Series for the Red Raiders for the first time in 3 seasons to face the surprise Omar Panthers!

Meanwhile, in the AC, the favored Amberg Legends will face the Lansing Lugnuts, who were 13th in the AC in runs scored but second in runs allowed...and also battled the Legends to a draw in the regular season, 3-3.

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:15 PM   #123
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I am officially sick of hearing people say that the game offers no challenge for people that have a "whale" team. My roster adds up to an overall rating of 2,471. I have multiple cards (3) that cost more than 300K on the AH. So daves says I am a mega-whale and I accept his label.

For me personally, the constant disdain for us whales has become quite annoying. I have stopped posting in this thread when I do well or acquire new cards because those people must think I am just bragging about all of the money that I spent. It probably just fuels more hate threads. Those people seem to believe that I must be bored stiff with winning. Here's how my week went...

I won 133 games and had home field in my conference. I lost the first round of the playoffs to a team that won 111. I beat this team 4 of 6 in the regular season. Here's the synopsis of the three losses:

1) His perfect Ed Walsh beat my perfect Cy Young 2-0.
2) His perfect Hank Aaron hit a 2-run homer in the eighth off my perfect Lee Smith for a 6-4 win.
3. His perfect Rube Waddell beat my perfect Ed Walsh 4-3.

So the game is boring for whales? If it is so easy and so boring, how come I am done for the week and it is only mid-afternoon? Do I sound bored? Do I sound like there is no challenge in the game for me? Am I supposed to get rid of all of my perfect cards so that I can lose sooner? I want to know how many more perfect cards I need to get that "rocking chair" championship streak that they say us whales enjoy. I only have nine slots left. Oh yeah, it must be my poor strategy settings and lack of skill that caused his Ed Walsh to throw a shutout against my Cy Young, or caused his Hank Aaron to hit a clutch home run off one of the five best relievers in the game.

Color me annoyed.

But NOT bored.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:23 PM   #124
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
2) His perfect Hank Aaron hit a 2-run homer in the eighth off my perfect Lee Smith for a 6-4 win.
Lee Smith. That's something one should bet money on.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 04:04 PM   #125
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok, I am officially sick of hearing people say that the game offers no challenge for people that have a "whale" team. My roster adds up to an overall rating of 2,471. I have multiple cards (3) that cost more than 300K on the AH. So daves says I am a mega-whale and I accept his label.

For me personally, the constant disdain for us whales has become quite annoying. I have stopped posting in this thread when I do well or acquire new cards because those people must think I am just bragging about all of the money that I spent. It probably just fuels more hate threads. Those people seem to believe that I must be bored stiff with winning. Here's how my week went...
[snipped]

I was wondering why you weren't posting much anymore. I miss your posts... I hope you change your mind and post more again! Please try to ignore such posts.

It's more fun in here when more people post and personally, I wish more whales would post. I'm glad Bailey still posts in here and I wish the Bronx Bombers guy (can't remember his alias) would post more like he used to. Watching the top teams duke it out and trying to compete with them is fun to me. So come back already!
Old 11-10-2019, 04:18 PM   #126
old timer
Hall Of Famer

As you can see from the final standings, we won 119 but that was only 5th best in the league. So the playoffs should present a nice challenge.

Our 1st competitor was the Penticton Bobcats who led the league in R with 1124 R. Their pitching was 3rd in the conference, but is a little weaker than mine, in my opinion. For some reason, we've always done well against this team. We won a division title when we were in the same division, we've beaten them in the playoffs before and won the season series against them this season going 5-1.

I feared this would finally be the year where they would do us in with that awesome offense they have, but somehow we managed to come back from a 2-1 deficit to win the series. We won the final game in 11 innings. We also outscored them 30-20. If this person is still actively managing his team, he's got to hate us by now.

We're now facing the WhoDats, a near whale that's one of asaintsfan's secondary teams. They beat us 5-1 in the regular season, but the last 3 wins by them were of the walk-off variety. In my opinion, we match up well against them (this team is much weaker than his Bree's team) so it will hopefully be a good series. If we make it to the WS, we'll most likely face the very tough Brooklyn Dodgers (who beat us 2-1).

I was pleased with how we did against the top teams (the 5 teams that won over 110 games). We finished 12-12 against them which is a nice improvement over how we did against such teams several season back.
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 11-10-2019 at 04:23 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 04:41 PM   #127
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
P422:The Auburn Doubledays were humiliated on the road by the 1st place Newark Eagles 22-1 on September 27th.

The Eagles had 6 games left with a 5 1/2 game lead and a Magic # of just one, while the Doubledays had 7 games left . The Eagles had 3 games at home against my Woodpeckers that are horrible on the road (30-51) and then 3 games at Auburn to finish the season. They needed only one win or Doubleday lose to win the division.

Surprisingly the Woodpeckers managed their only road sweep of the season and the Doubledays managed to sweep the Seadogs. In the final 3 games the Doubledays hosted the Eagles and managed to sweep the Eagles and take 1st place by just one game. I guess the blowout motivated my team and made them over confident?

Hopefully this momentum can mean something in the playoffs? But there are a lot of mega whales in this league!
Talk about payback. The Newark Eagles are definitely seeking revenge! They won the wildcard and defeated the top seed 3 games to 1. Doubledays managed to win their best of 5 3-2. Now the Eagles took the 1st 2 games in Auburn and lead the AC 422 champion series 2-0 going to Newark!

I guess the Eagles were reducing their work load to prepare for the playoffs?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 04:54 PM   #128
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Orcin you put in so much into your team I wonder if you have anything left for retirement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Watching the top teams duke it out and trying to compete with them is fun to me. So come back already!
There are so many whales and mega whales I don't mind them battling it out either. It's gotten to the point that the same team does not always win.

I'd love to see these tournaments with these mega teams.

Last edited by daves; 11-10-2019 at 04:56 PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:12 PM   #129
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

The Crowley Creepers finished 19 games behind Gan's Korea Coast Guard in S317. We got our revenge though, sweeping them in the division series.

Its just a shame that the 5 highest rated players on their active roster now are Live Lindor (100), Live Betts (96), Live Rizzo (89), 88 OVR Pudge Rodriguez, and... 50 OVR Live Terrance Gore? Everyone else on their roster is 48 OVR or below.

Thanks for the free promotion, I guess. Late Edit: Also, thanks for the massive influx of PP, including 7310 points from the 3rd and final game of the series.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 11-10-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:15 PM   #130
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
The Crowley Creepers finished 19 games behind Gan's Korea Coast Guard in S317. We got our revenge though, sweeping them in the division series.

Its just a shame that the 5 highest rated players on their active roster now are Live Lindor (100), Live Betts (96), Live Rizzo (89), 88 OVR Pudge Rodriguez, and... 50 OVR Live Terrance Gore? Everyone else on their roster is 48 OVR or below.

Thanks for the free promotion, I guess.
Report them.

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:20 PM   #131
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

After setting a bunch of franchise records this week, the Frogs went down in 5 games to the IB Breakers in the DS.

The bullpen was a...problem. The two wins the Frogs got in the series were by scoring multiple runs in the 9th inning. I was trying to tell my cards that this can't be a reliable strategy to win games all the time.

The decisive game 5 was especially painful.

Good luck to everyone else still simming!
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #132
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchthedamnball View Post
Report them.
Done, but if I'm the first, then a lot of people aren't paying attention...

https://imgur.com/a/kU7Yfl8
(Sorry, but idk how to embed a picture into the text here)

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:46 PM   #133
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Orcin you put in so much into your team I wonder if you have anything left for retirement?
Ha, yes I did stop short of spending my food money.

Old timer, you have made a good point. I do enjoy reading this weekly thread. It's one of the best things on the forum. If everyone felt like I did, there would be nothing good for me to read. So I will be back next week (tomorrow) and try to be more active this time.

Not all of the anti-whale posts are bad either. There are some good ideas for improvement in there, and I hope the developers read and consider them. I just need to ignore the noise more.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:47 PM   #134
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
Done, but if I'm the first, then a lot of people aren't paying attention...

https://imgur.com/a/kU7Yfl8
(Sorry, but idk how to embed a picture into the text here)
Now THAT is tanking!
Old 11-10-2019, 06:04 PM   #135
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Old timer, you have made a good point. I do enjoy reading this weekly thread. It's one of the best things on the forum. If everyone felt like I did, there would be nothing good for me to read. So I will be back next week (tomorrow) and try to be more active this time.
Please do! As much as I can tolerate the thread being 1/2 about my Frogs, more variety is always nice.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:07 PM   #136
Magus978
All Star Starter

It looks like the Metuchen Mariners are priming themselves to be reverse-swept in their LCS. Up 3-0 on the Newton Dragons, all they needed to do was beat 90 Pedro Martinez with 100 AS Max Scherzer.

That didn't happen.

97 SE Smoky Joe Wood blows it in the 8th. Oh well, that's fine...just means 100 Roger Clemens is gonna have to beat 99 Tim Keefe again like we did in game 1.

That also didn't happen.

Clemens was good, but Keefe was better. You feel that cold wind, kids? Feels like a reverse sweep incoming. If you hear things breaking from the east coast, then yes, a reverse sweep has happened and I am destroying things in disgust. My best chance to win a PL title, and we're fixing to throw it the hell away.

100 Nolan Ryan vs their 100 SE Johan Santana...I have a feeling very bad things are about to happen, because why would we permit Magus to win a PL title, right?

Ryan proceeds to get shelled.

Game 7 means I have to send an unreliable 100 Dutch Leonard out. Let this be a lesson to each and every one of you. If RNGjesus does not want you to have it, you ain't winning a damn thing.

We lose game 7.

Sick to my stomach. Absolutely sick to my stomach. RNGjesus is just taunting me now.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 11-10-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Magus978 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:39 PM   #137
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Talk about payback. The Newark Eagles are definitely seeking revenge! They won the wildcard and defeated the top seed 3 games to 1. Doubledays managed to win their best of 5 3-2. Now the Eagles took the 1st 2 games in Auburn and lead the AC 422 champion series 2-0 going to Newark!

I guess the Eagles were reducing their work load to prepare for the playoffs?
Revenge complete. I won the division, but the Eagles won the AC.

Good Luck in the series against the Gems!
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2019, 06:44 PM   #138
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

As I'm on my way to bed, the Rebs stupidly lead the LCS 3-2...

I know nothing about baseball, and I never will.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:53 PM   #139
Edster007
All Star Starter

Is anyone having trouble logging into PT? I am getting cannot connect to online services
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:14 PM   #140
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Reavers take their sub-league 4 games to 1 against the Seattle Thunderbirds, waiting on the winner of Calgary Outlaws (3) vs. Peckwood Woodpeckers (2).
Down East Wood Ducks end the Rifles season in a five game series.
Elitist Scum & Mad Town Coyotes even at two games apiece with the Denver Grizzlies laying in wait for the victor. The Scum take game 6 by a score of 5-3 and onward they go.

Last edited by Will_L; 11-10-2019 at 08:38 PM.
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote